Sign in to follow this  
Joel

FPS

No. Simple answer.But if you have the money and don't buy it, you're an idiot.

No. Simple answer. But if you have the money and don't buy it, you're an idiot.
Meh, not really, I can find other stuff to use the 100 bucks on...I don't mind not having uber intense realism and 1000 features I'll probably never use or find, and I don't want to risk it causing a slowdown on my PC, that's 100 bucks to waste. Money's not a problem, but I don't want to squander it...no need to call people idiots for that ;) Great job to PMDG, they made an amazing addon, but...idk, I'm weighing my options between realism vs money vs performance.

No. Simple answer. But if you have the money and don't buy it, you're an idiot.
With respect Joel, that's a rather silly remark. There's no point in having the best looking aircraft which is being sold as one of the best add-ons yet for FSX, if the darn thing runs like a slideshow! I said earlier in this post that I will wait until all the fervour has died down and we start to get some meaningful feedback from guys who can perhaps allow people to try and quantify the framerate scenario before buying something they cannot get a refund for. That's the very reason why I bought the iFLY. I'm damned if I'm going to part with my cash without having at least some kind of idea of how it's going to run. I am hoping someone will give an unbiased account of how this bird compares smoothness and framerate wise with the iFLY.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guys! It doesn't run like a slideshow. And for the record, I've talked to a couple people who have had the iFly and reported poor FPS. You can take what I say with a grain of salt of course, but I love it and it was the best purchase that I have made for FSX thus far.

Guys! It doesn't run like a slideshow. And for the record, I've talked to a couple people who have had the iFly and reported poor FPS. You can take what I say with a grain of salt of course, but I love it and it was the best purchase that I have made for FSX thus far.
+1 I am getting amazing performance from this aircraft. Here is what im running: Core2Duo 3.16ghzNvidia GTX 295Soundbalster 7.170GB Raptor Drive (FSX)280GB Drive (Windows 7 x64) not a crazy system, but the NGX works very well.

Sante Sottile

When reporting fps it is IMHO fundamental to specify if you have add-ons or not, REX for example, third party airports, etc etc....otherwise it makes no sense reading a certain fps thx
Applause.gif

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Its deffo not a slide show! Im sure once i read the manual this eve and get a few tweeks going i'll be very happy indeed, the sounds are simply amazing also!!

+1 I am getting amazing performance from this aircraft. Here is what im running: Core2Duo 3.16ghzNvidia GTX 295Soundbalster 7.170GB Raptor Drive (FSX)280GB Drive (Windows 7 x64) not a crazy system, but the NGX works very well.
Hi Tinosky, is this with add on scenery and REX?

Howard

Hi Tinosky, is this with add on scenery and REX?
That is correct. To give you an example, I jsut finished a flight to RJBB (AeroSim Scenery) + REX + Ultimate Traffic 2 I get 20fps in VC at the hardest point of the airport. Fps ranges from 30 - 35 in the air. Very good on frames. With the MD-11 i got only 14fps with same settings.

Sante Sottile

I have an i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz. It's pretty much the first i7 that came out. I also have 6gb DDR3 1600, but my GPU is only an NVidia 9800 GTX. Could that be the reason that I'm only getting 8 FPS in the VC? I get about 30 FPS on the external views, and this is all at Flightbeam KSFO btw. Also Installed:ASE, REX 2 OverdriveFSDreamteam airports, all other PMDG FSX aircraft. -Chris Virgilio

Chris Virgilio

Not to mention you should not report FPS while paused, or with the sound off. That is meaningless.

Hi my fps is around 20 but every 10 to 45 s it just freezes for 5s like it is loading and then it is ok again. Help me pls

hi all fianlly got it downloaded at last went to see if will load b4 i go to bed went to gatwick rwy8r all my sliders as per the manual suggested and iam getimg more than my md_11 yahoo currently now iam sitting between 19 to 28 fps on the ground havnt taken off yet need sleep

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm only getting 8 FPS in the VC? -Chris Virgilio
Hence the reason why I am so paranoid about the perfomance, and you're running an i7@ 4Ghz!! If you look at my signature I have a little more muscle.
Hence the reason why I am so paranoid Chris about the perfomance, and you're running an i7@ 4Ghz!! If you look at my signature I have a little more muscle.

Howard

My FPS are jumping from 1FPS exterior up to 75FPS over the ocean, i'm confused since my system is brand new, but overall this plane is awesome!!!!