Sign in to follow this  
Joel

FPS

My FPS are jumping from 1FPS exterior up to 75FPS over the ocean, i'm confused since my system is brand new, but overall this plane is awesome!!!!
Are you using an external FPS limiter?

Alright guys. After a few hours of sleep, I decided to do some testing. Sitting in YSCB in the NGX with a tweaked FSX.CFG and a lot of scenery, I get around 13 FPS (not moving around or panning around). Sitting in the MD-11, I get 20 FPS (also not moving or panning). Doing the same thing with the 747-400, I get 14 FPS. Just my two cents.
Hey Joel. With just about a top of the line system you have there, that seems pretty weak performance even with the 747,etc. I have a 980x OCed to 4.4 and a superclocked 480 and i get a solid 26-30 (locked at 30) in flightbeam ksfo. Move you plane to a non-addon airport, use clear skies, NO traffic ( planes or moving ground vehicles) and what do you get? I am sorry but this doesnt sound like a NGX problem you have.JackColwill

Follow the guide lines in the manual and you will have your system optimized for the NGX. Hope it helps,
Mats Any chance that those guidelines in the manual could be posted on here, to see what people like me with crap systems may have to lose in order to run the NG? Thanks Ian

It's simple. Create a new FSX.CFG file by deleting it and starting FSX. Then, add HIMEMFIX=1 and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 into the [GRAPHICS] section. Then, just simply run it through http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Just bought the NGX and there was one thing I noticed. With the MD-11 in Melbourne, I get around 25 to 30 FPS in the VC. With the same settings, I can't even get the same FPS in the NGX even when I lower some of the performance values.
You Can Also go into the settings and change the target frame rate to unlimited that helped me.

Anyone with specs similar to mine care to comment on performance? Dell XPS 710 Intel E6600 Quad core 2.4ghz 4GB RAM Nvidia 8800GTX 768MB Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
I'm running a similar config at 3.8 and I'm taking a big hit in the VC. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Its fluid outside though. Edit: I did recover about 5 fps by turning Autogen from off to sparse, as odd as it may sound. Any other counterintuitive tips from anyone?

Chris Hicks

I was getting a few stutters, but a clean FSX install boosted me to averaging 74 FPS PHOG-KPDX. i7 930 @ 4.1 GhZ GTX 480 6 G ram - Will Stroud

Nice. Averaging 20 in 2D and single digit to low teens in 3D. Top down view gave me the first CTD (right before taxi...), spot view later on the second. I am amazed by this plane (as expected), but my rig is not (as expected). Video card now definately smoking away. sig.gif

I've noticed, from various reports by users, that those with the best performance are running i7 processors overclocked to 4ghz or higher, at least 6gb ram, and GTX 460s or better with at least 1GB DDR5. I have an i7 920 OCed to 3.99, 6gb ram, but only a 9800 GTX w/ 512mb DDR3. Sounds like at least one obvious bottleneck to me. Anyone else with any other theories? -Chris Virgilio

Chris Virgilio

I noticed about a year ago that nearly all benchmarking for the ngx with regards to FPS was on overclocked machines....and made a point about FPS references should be based on stock CPU speed as a baseline. Didn't get much of a response..Chris Farrell

Hi there! I get about 35/40 fps on the ground with the j41. As I'm based away from home I'm currently only using my laptop for fsx, due to that and to save performance I don't use any kind of payware scenery/traffic/enhancements addons. This allows me to run the pmdg j41 at stable fps (around 35). Should I be fine with the ngx under the same conditions fps wise? Thanks in advance. Laptop specs: Core2duo t9400 @2.53ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, ati3650 512mb dedicated memory, windows 7 64bits.

Quite amazing FPS even on my lame Toshiba laptop... I got sustained FPS around my external limit of 30 for most of the tutorial flight. The stutters I did get were nothing I can't solve with a fresh OS install. Amazing aircraft... you've outdone yourselves, PMDG!
Hey wonderful, but what are you laptops specs? I'm gonna be solely running mines on my vaio f laptop .

Unfortunately NGX has the mouse issue too. It deprives about 7 fps. :( I recommend that you shouldn't use any fps limiter(external or internal). So you can get 5-6 fps more.

Uygar

Best Regards