Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Had again control freeze.This time en route, I was at the end of the route and still at FL290.So I entered a waypoint in my FMC, tried to turn and everything was frozen.I hope you'll find quickly a sollution because it's impossible to fly the aircraft !

3 of us on Vatsim have had the same problem. The only similarity between the three of us were that we were online and using Active Sky Evolution and FSINN? Anyone else had the same problem using these programs?

i would be surprised if it was the airac, havent had bother with previous cycles. I think I have experienced this issue aswell....just once though I was flying without FMC (i think, i did throw in an arrival in to sumburgh (EGPB) just for a laugh) the switches and buttons stopped being functional. The hand symbol used to indicate that a knob turns didnt show up. This state would last a minute or so, then i could move switches/buttons.... then a few minutes later same thing. Panning my head around the cockpit didnt seem to help. However, my screens still worked im sure. I still had control and pitch roll speed info as well as my ND (im pretty sure). I think this scenario occurred both with and without any data in the FMC. I dont have great system specs.... T7700 core2duo @ 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, nVidia 9650 (1GB), winXP 32. Still, I get 20fps in the VC in default FSX scenery As for addons, I DONT use REX, GEX, UT, ASE, FSUIPC or TIR I do have PMDG747X, LDS767, Aerosoft Airbus, Katana 4X, real air Duke/TurbineDuke, Ejets V2, carenado Archer/Seneca. During my flight to sumburgh I was using Scotflight Scenery, which I have had no bother with and gives great FPS. I use game booster, external FPS limiter @30fps, and have run my FSX.cfg through ******* Altuve's tweaks. I get good performance with both the EJets V2 and LevelD 767 at orbx sceneries, despite my lack of computing power. Other than this small issue, which I think I had, nothing else to report. The plane is a dream to use and fly.... cheers

Regarding the excesive number of engine2 anti-ice events on my flight evenrt log, another fellow UA VA pilot using FSACARS has observed the exact same thing. The events began the very second he connected. He forgot to connect on the ground but did so when I asked him to while he was in the air. Is this some normal consequence of the way that you have coded the anti-ice and nav lights? UVACARS is programmed to record an event when the FSX default anti-ice and navs lights are altered.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Hi, i had also a panel and airfraft freeze. I was climbing out of LOWS, online via ivao. Kind RegardsSteffen Lutz

Hi guys, I had this exact problem a few moments ago. I practiced some go arounds at LTAI and at 6000feet turning and descending to 5000 the plane froze completely. FSX showed me the "SPEED TO HIGH" warning and I could not control or click anything. The Plane crashed in to the Mediterranean Sea sad.pngHowever, the tutorial flight was completed successfully. I installed FSX from scratch, yesterday. The Addons I'm using: FSUIPC 4.70, EZCA, Aerosoft LTAI - (didn't installed UT2 and ASXE yet).

I posted the FSX config tweaks I implemented, but I don't see the post here (not sure if I did something wrong or if someone thought the tweaks might do more harm than good). Six more flights without any freeze. still keeping my fingers crossed, preping for second VATSIM flight. Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi folks. This started happening to me too. Specs in signature.Occurrences: 1. On ground at YMML; Engines off; Programming route into FMC - Total panel lock....I can switch views, AI traffic still moving, FPS still at 30-40 , No buttons or switches work on CDU, MIP, OVH, or otherwise, Yoke and pedals give no input; 2. Climbing out; passing 14,500FT; was NOT touching the CDU - Symptoms same as above; 3. On 2.4 mile final for the ILS RWY 19 YBBN; NOT touching the CDU - Symptoms Different!....Total panel lock (ie no buttons or switches) BUT I COULD still control the plane manually with yoke and pedals. This is different from previous occurrences because in past occurrences, the yoke and pedals did NOT work. Also interesting to note: after landing in YBBN, as I was taxing to the gate, the functionality came back and i was able to click switches again. This is a fantastic plane, but I beg you to fix this so that we can enjoy it to its potential. Thanks Guys!

Once again panel freeze.Just after TO not flying online this time so...Really frustrating :(

I tried to submit a support ticket before I saw this thread, but the ticket wouldn't go through. Just FYI.

Just a question for people. Our "group" is experiencing the freezes in the -800 model with winglets, Has anyone tried it in the -900? All of us can replicate the problem when pressing "exit hold" on the FMC. Off to try a few more ideas....

had a vc freeze before take of,tried another flight with lesser settings on display and managed to finish the flight this time,no clue why it occurs once in a while,may be the higher display settings had a role to play,also had run out of memory ,try with lower settings once on i7-2600,with gtx 590,and 8 gb ram, wins-7,,had to adjust my sliders to a lower setting,spend tons of money on hardware only to run with lower settings,its crazy!!!!!!!!!!vivek anand

I can confirm my "Freeze" came after pressing exit hold on the FMC

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931