Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Scrap your FSX.cfg file

Hmmm, what makes this work for me and not for others then ?
******* Loves You !! LOL.gif

If you have rex installed look at your texture max line if it says 4096 then go to fsx change your cloud density then go back in fsx.cfg and check texture max again i bet it now says 1024 What happend especially with REX is if you change anything in the settings option with in FSX it will automatically restore it back to its default texture size = 1024
You should use the "texture max load editor program" it keeps it from changing

John C

Oh damn, lol that's makes me feel errrr so I've basically a nvidia 9 series. I run FSX WITH LATIN VFR, flytampa and orbx and. REX with every slider turned full at 1080p and manage about 15-30> fps. Do you think I'll run the NGX? I haven't applied any cfg tweaks however no o/c either. I'm definitely gonna rebuild the cfg though.Do you think I'll run the NGX at above 15 fps?

Oh damn, lol that's makes me feel errrr so I've basically a nvidia 9 series. I run FSX WITH LATIN VFR, flytampa and orbx and. REX with every slider turned full at 1080p and manage about 15-30> fps. Do you think I'll run the NGX? I haven't applied any cfg tweaks however no o/c either. I'm definitely gonna rebuild the cfg though. Do you think I'll run the NGX at above 15 fps?
Mate, and everyone else, I hate to have to drop the hammer, and I'm sorry for the double post, but I definately think it's worth - it.The deal about running everything at max, if you have a poor system, it's impossible, some people just have to deal with it, for me, it's not about who can run at the highest settings, because you can have everything at max and make FSX unflyable.It's time to wake up and smell the coffee people, you cant expect to have a low end system and max it out then ask if you're going to run the NGX on those settings. Then after you do get the NGX, you install it, get the most horrible frames in it, and then you ask why so and when we tell you to turn down settings, your reluctant. Face it, even some of the top notch PCs, cant hold a stable 20 on Ultra everything. I would be willing to trade Details in for Performance in a heart beat. And honestly, sometimes in some locations, Med Settings can look just as nice as Ultra. We understand you want an image that can make you smile, but if your going to show your beautiful image and when your finished with that image your PC cant even hit 15FPS, what sense does it make? This post isn't directed to Saddiq but who ever comes across it and is guilty of doing so.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

No no I think you misunderstood , lol indo run everything on max and get 15-30 fps. That is without and tweaks or new cfg files or o/c of card or processor. I do think that's excellent performance bSes on my laptop specs and th full settings with addons. I'm jus a bit fizzed as to all the texture blotches and loss people are reportingRegardless Im gonna drop the proverbial hammer on the NGX "buy now" tab

I have a question about this site Blake7 The video card selections on this site dont include the video card I have, will that be an issue when using that site? and can someone point me towards these so called "*******" tweaks I cant seem to find them, unless there here on avsim I havent checked here yet
Right Here: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

No no I think you misunderstood , lol indo run everything on max and get 15-30 fps. That is without and tweaks or new cfg files or o/c of card or processor. I do think that's excellent performance bSes on my laptop specs and th full settings with addons. I'm jus a bit fizzed as to all the texture blotches and loss people are reportingRegardless Im gonna drop the proverbial hammer on the NGX "buy now" tab
That is great, honestly you'll pump it with the tweaks and whats not, but I'm just saying.People tend to forget their Settings tab still exist, and when they start laging they report here instantly.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

That is great, honestly you'll pump it with the tweaks and whats not, but I'm just saying.People tend to forget their Settings tab still exist, and when they start laging they report here instantly.
That is true don't expect to have an oldish system or a college laptop made to only use the web and run FSX on high with a add-on that is so high quality and expect fluidity. Tune down the FSX sliders a bit and it'll improve

That is true don't expect to have an oldish system or a college laptop made to only use the web and run FSX on high with a add-on that is so high quality and expect fluidity. Tune down the FSX sliders a bit and it'll improve
Yup!Some people just don't want to though, they find FSX unplayable if it looks alittle less crisp :PAh, no two people are the same though ;)

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Wrt to tweaks, I'm trying to list out the tweaks I'll have to perform. Backing up the FSX cfg and then deleting the current one and entering FSX and taking the rebuilt one tru bojotes tweak is good ....There is also the highmem fix Buffer pools is a no no..What fps limited to use and at what settings?Sorry of this is covered in the NGX intro.

Wrt to tweaks, I'm trying to list out the tweaks I'll have to perform. Backing up the FSX cfg and then deleting the current one and entering FSX and taking the rebuilt one tru bojotes tweak is good .... There is also the highmem fix Buffer pools is a no no.. What fps limited to use and at what settings?Sorry of this is covered in the NGX intro.
There is an FPS limiter on the Venetubo Site, Its simple to use, and it creates a Bat file, which couples the limiter with the FSX program itself, you can easy change the FPS limit, I have mine set to 30, or even at 25.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

There is an FPS limiter on the Venetubo Site, Its simple to use, and it creates a Bat file, which couples the limiter with the FSX program itself, you can easy change the FPS limit, I have mine set to 30, or even at 25.
Thank you therefore I can limit the frames from within FSX. Any other viable tweaks ? Also with respect to the highmem fix what and where exactly do I put in my cfg file?

when i go to documents/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx there are 2 fsx.cfg files there. do i delete them both?

when i go to documents/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx there are 2 fsx.cfg files there. do i delete them both?
There can be only one file fsx.cfg. The other may have another extension on it(such as .txt) and your explorer settings are hiding "known" file extensions so you don't see it. It's impossible for there to be two files with the exact same name. I assume one is a backup that some addon made for you or something like that. Anyway, deleting them both would be fine. FSX will recreate a new one.
Thank you therefore I can limit the frames from within FSX. Any other viable tweaks ? Also with respect to the highmem fix what and where exactly do I put in my cfg file?
The HIGHMEMFIX goes in the [GRAPHICS] section and should be HIGHMEMFIX=1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024