Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Scrap your FSX.cfg file

Your welcome lads it certainly helps. The thing we have to remember here is that FSX was never finished as a product properly, and also the NGX is a very complex aircraft so some will always experience some issues within fsx, but that certainly does not mean it is the NGX thats doing it. I have had a run of CTD's loads of times with other third party addon's it's just FSX say no more.

Might sound like an idiotic question. So, to do this correctly simply: Back up my FSX config.Delete my FSX ConfigOpen and Run sim and BAM its done and refreshed just like that?

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

All of this has been covered and discussed extensively, namely in the FSX tweaks forum. It's not news. I suggest perusing those forums, especially if you're struggling that badly with performance! There's a wealth of information that can be found in moments in there.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Might sound like an idiotic question. So, to do this correctly simply: Back up my FSX config.Delete my FSX ConfigOpen and Run sim and BAM its done and refreshed just like that?
Yeah basically, then go here http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and let the tweaking commence ;o)

It's ok not a silly question. Right go to your fsx.config file back it up. delete the other one, open fsx let it rebuild the cfg allow everything through as your normally would. * you will have to apply all of your sound and graphic setting too. then if you have tweaks from the old one just copy then lines into your new refreshed cfg file. any problems just holler

Yeah basically, then go here http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and let the tweaking commence ;o)
I have a question about this site Blake7 The video card selections on this site dont include the video card I have, will that be an issue when using that site? and can someone point me towards these so called "*******" tweaks I cant seem to find them, unless there here on avsim I havent checked here yet

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

I have a question about this site Blake7 The video card selections on this site dont include the video card I have, will that be an issue when using that site? and can someone point me towards these so called "*******" tweaks I cant seem to find them, unless there here on avsim I havent checked here yet
That is *******'s tweaks. Not "*******". *******. As in Hey-zeus.LOL.gif Also, what card do you have. I'll tell you the equivalent.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

That is *******'s tweaks. Not "*******". *******. As in Hey-zeus.LOL.gif Also, what card do you have. I'll tell you the equivalent.
ATI 5770

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

ATI 5770
"200" series. As your card really doesn't have a proper Nvidia equivalent I'd roughly compare it to the older GTX 260. Especially in FSX.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I scrapped my FSX.cfg, rebuilt it, then redid *******'s tweaking tool.I didn't gain any more FPS then what I had before.

Hmmm, what makes this work for me and not for others then ?

Have you upgraded your graphics card since FSX installation? How old is the installation? Perhaps you had changed the LOD_radius range? I'm thinking you had changed a cfg setting to a high setting.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Have you upgraded your graphics card since FSX installation? How old is the installation? Perhaps you had changed the LOD_radius range? I'm thinking you had changed a cfg setting to a high setting.
I was about to say not changed anything but then it clicked ... Would the fact that I installed another 4gb of DDR 2 back in February make a difference ? This is the only time I've rebuilt and retweaked the cfg since then ?