Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Brakes..

Yes and this has just happened to me. Applying the brakes (ctrl, period) and then releasing them, gave me a release and I could taxi, but when coming into the gate (and this is after a very slow long taxi) I could not stop.... and no, I didn't check the brake temp gauge - and should've. Ray

I'll try a flight again tomorrow and I will see how she rolls.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I'm having the same problem, seems to be OK with the 800,but not 80-WL I'll reinstall and report back.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Same here with 800WL. I will pay attention to temperatures but I don't remember to be overheated. Parking brake off/on solve it.And yes, at the gate I had no brakes also.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Hello everybody,same problem here. Had autobrake 2 active, aircraft slowed down, I pressed the brake button a couple of times but the brakes remained applied incl. FSX brake indication. After full stop I set parking brake and released it and from then on no brakes were available any more except parking brake.Brake temp after full stop showed 0.0 Albert Martin

Its a problem with the cocks. I have this problem too. When you stop taxi and stay for 10sec and will taxi further there is no movement in the NGX. ( chocks and parking brake not apply)But when you apply the chocks and remove this bug is clean and you can go taxi!maybe a problem with the chocks...

the Pushback option in the CDU seems to to the trick :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

the Pushback option in the CDU seems to to the trick :)
pushback ? what trick? as an addition to my previous post: after having no brakes any more I carefully taxied to the gate and arriving there the brake temp indicator showd 10.0/yellow. quite obviously no brakes were applied during taxi, since not available, so something goes haywire there when using autobrakes ... Albert Martin

I too am experiencing a brake issue (ie loss of brakes) when the following occurs - 1. I set autobrakes to any setting, the spoilers are armed2. The aircraft lands, the spoilers deploy the autobrakes engage, I manually reduce thrust via my saitek throttles to idle.3. I reduce rev thrust ot idle once airspeed is below 80kts4. I disengage autobrakes by moving the autobrake knob to off, the aircraft continues slowing to a complete stop.5. In order to get the aircraft to move I have to set the parking brake and then turn off the parking. Once I do this step I no longer have manual braking via the default FSX brake key (keyboard period key) or via my saitek yoke button setting. I am running a registered copy of FSUIPC and have deleted it and still have the same results. I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit with Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Rudders. The throttle quad has the thrust levers mapped (not calibrated), along with flaps mapped to two of the button. So far I've only flown the 800WL version. I will try on the 800 non-WL and 900 aircrafts and without autobrakes. Edit - forgot to mention the brake temps were in the green. Regards, Bob Lyddy

I too am experiencing a brake issue (ie loss of brakes) when the following occurs - 1. I set autobrakes to any setting, the spoilers are armed2. The aircraft lands, the spoilers deploy the autobrakes engage, I manually reduce thrust via my saitek throttles to idle.3. I reduce rev thrust ot idle once airspeed is below 80kts4. I disengage autobrakes by moving the autobrake knob to off, the aircraft continues slowing to a complete stop.5. In order to get the aircraft to move I have to set the parking brake and then turn off the parking. Once I do this step I no longer have manual braking via the default FSX brake key (keyboard period key) or via my saitek yoke button setting. I am running a registered copy of FSUIPC and have deleted it and still have the same results. I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit with Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Rudders. The throttle quad has the thrust levers mapped (not calibrated), along with flaps mapped to two of the button. So far I've only flown the 800WL version. I will try on the 800 non-WL and 900 aircrafts and without autobrakes. Edit - forgot to mention the brake temps were in the green. Regards, Bob Lyddy
OK, after additional testing I found when the autobrakes are set to 1 I do not encounter this issue. If I set autobrakes to 2 I do encounter the issue. Each test I was using the same livery - AA with winglets, and fuel / payload. With autobrakes set to 1 the brake temps go yellow and with autobrakes set to 2 they go red. so I guess I'm losing brake effectivness because I am using the steel brakes. I will try using the carbon brakes. Bob

ive had this issue too, it seems to be happening when you turn the autobrake off by the switch before pressing the brake button to disengage try pressing the brakes button before disconnecting the autobrake and hey presto problem solved!

Hello all... It happened to me too. But the issue ocurrs, as StuartMcInture says, when you disengage the brakes by using the knob insted of pushing the brakes. So if the airplane is "autobrkaing" and I disconect the autobrake using the period key, or the button assigned to the brakes in my joystick there is no problem. However, if I disconect the autobrake rotating the knob when it is still braking, this issue ocurrs!

Had the same problem as everybody and did a try without rotating the autobrake switch and only using manual brakes, it worked. Thx guys! /Patrik Kaczmarek

It says in the tutorial flight: Page 82 "Note that due to an issue in FSX, you will need to tap the brakes several times or press and hold them to get the autobrakes to disengage." Hope that helps. Sean Campbell POST EDIT: To Bryan, think I went to school with you at CDO back in the 80's. Your name seems really familiar and I noticed you're from Tucson as well.
Hey Sean, I did not go to CDO, I went to Amphi for a short while then to a Private School for the rest of High School. I graduated in 1993, so I think I might be a few years younger then you. Where did you head to Primary and Jr High?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators