Sign in to follow this  
AFAGNC

ngx performance comparated with other addon

Let me give you an example because much depends on what OS you have as to which way its accessed, though the principle remains the same. I right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties", then "Advanced system settings", under "Performance" I hit the "Settings" button then the "Advanced" Tab. On there I see "Virtual Memory" and hit a button entitled "Change". I select "Custom size" then look at the "Recommended" size from Windows, mine shows as 4605 so I enter 4605 in the Initial and Maximum size boxes. Press the "Set" button then OK my way out of there. Finally restarting Windows hopefully to gain no more OOM, for me theirs no hopefully about it. Just like with the USERVA Switch which incidentally for me with 4 gig memory in Vista is; BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072 But again searching for that the same can be done for the second part, just search for change Virtual Memory settings in Vista or XP or whatever OS you have, using Google or whatever. Though I`ve shown both the VIsta 32 bit USERVA and Virtual memory changes now as an example. Hope it works, it has for me for a few years and I had every confidence with the 737 NGX. I`ve done several flights now and before writing this reply I did a night flight from Liverpool EGGP to Palma LEPA with no problem at all.

Let me give you an example because much depends on what OS you have as to which way its accessed, though the principle remains the same. I right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties", then "Advanced system settings", under "Performance" I hit the "Settings" button then the "Advanced" Tab. On there I see "Virtual Memory" and hit a button entitled "Change". I select "Custom size" then look at the "Recommended" size from Windows, mine shows as 4605 so I enter 4605 in the Initial and Maximum size boxes. Press the "Set" button then OK my way out of there. Finally restarting Windows hopefully to gain no more OOM, for me theirs no hopefully about it. Just like with the USERVA Switch which incidentally for me with 4 gig memory in Vista is; BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072 But again searching for that the same can be done for the second part, just search for change Virtual Memory settings in Vista or XP or whatever OS you have, using Google or whatever. Though I`ve shown both the VIsta 32 bit USERVA and Virtual memory changes now as an example. Hope it works, it has for me for a few years and I had every confidence with the 737 NGX. I`ve done several flights now and before writing this reply I did a night flight from Liverpool EGGP to Palma LEPA with no problem at all.
so, we need the userva switch to manage the using of RAM and the other to control the virtual memory (paging) of the computer! thankyou so much, you helped me a lot!

Hi, this is my specs: I7 920 (2.67Ghz) Ovc:4.02GhzRAM: 6GoNvidia GTX 260 896MbDisque dur SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4EG - 2 To - SATA II - 32 Mo cacheOS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64BitsWith all the problems I see on this forum I am not sure to buy the 737X. Do you think it will run reasonably with my config ?
it's slightly less then my system so you should be fine. maybe less sliders maxed in fsx than for me but you should be ok

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

So I will rate all PMDG products I own in terms of performance from top = fastest to bottom = slowest. MD-11747-400J41NGX Compared to other addons....difficult to tell...it´s maybe a bit faster than the Captain Sim 757, but not by much. It´s definately the hardest on the FPS from all of PMDG.

I get 10 to 16FPS on the ground at Gatwick with UT2 and REX on which is smooth enough for me, in the air it goes to 18 to 30 FPS which is perfect, on approach into EHAM was 15 19FPS for me, more than enough to hand fly it smoothly (EHAM is default airport for me, scenery is the excellent NL2000 freeware) It is less FPS than the level D for me and the MD-11 but more than the 747, overall i am happy with the FPS considering i have UT2 on high settings and REX my system specs are:Q9950 quad at 3.4ghz, 4gb ram, GTS250 1gig, windows 7 64bit which are very mid range now (though the Q9950 is still a gem of a processor 12mb cache i think helps a lot)

guys, I run fsx on a slow system (windows XP 32bit, cpu dual core @2.66ghz, 2 G of RAM and a Nvidia 9500 gtx), so I want to understand if I can run the NGX. if you compared the performance (FPS), where would you place it in this list of addon for fsx? i.e. Level-D 767 (great performance), CS707 (or 757, however very heavy on my os), wilco busses... thankyou so much
Hi ??, I had the same system, and could fly with the MD11.But if possible try to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit and 6GB of ram Eric