Sign in to follow this  
invun

Request 2D throttle quadrant & F/O panels in the next patch, please?

Dear PMDG: First of all, thank you for this wonderful 737NGX addon! But for us, the 2D dinosaurs, also some of your customers, could we have 2D throttle quadrant & F/O panels back, just like the old 737NG/744X/MD11X in the next patch? They are really important for us.Please consider it!

I doubt that is going to happen. While it would be nice, I think I read that PMDG as a general rule is going away from 2d and focusing on VC panels. So I wouldnt expect that there would be a 2d panel expansion anytime soon if ever. I could be wrong, but I dont think so this time.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I agree with you, a 2d quadrant for the throttle would be NICE ...

Rafael Henrique Carelli

What they could do at least is to model a popup FO Master Caution in the 2D cockpit. Like... You right-click the Master Caution annunciator in the Captain's side and the FO's one pops up. This way one wouldn't have to switch to the VC when a warning appeared in the right side. Or did I miss something??? huh.png

Matheus Mafra

Does this shift away from 2D panels mean they're going to completely abandon the 'multiple LCD cockpit builder' crowd and focus only on VC users and cockpit builders that use actual hardware to replace cockpit components? It's an interesting move at the least.

Don't need to see the TQ handels move,just give me the trim gauge and the cut off switches.

Does this shift away from 2D panels mean they're going to completely abandon the 'multiple LCD cockpit builder' crowd and focus only on VC users and cockpit builders that use actual hardware to replace cockpit components? It's an interesting move at the least.
Not exactly. PMDG's next products will be like the JS41. There'll be no 2D cockpit, no overhead panel, no throttle quadrant. They'll only model pop up CDUs, display units, other relevant panels and maybe the MCP, but no full cockpit as we're used to.PMDG took this decision because virtual flight decks are light years ahead of what thery were in the in the golden age of 2D flight decks. 2D panels are also becoming useless because better hardware is getting cheaper and many simmers, myself included, are upgrading and gradually abandoning the 2D cockpit.

Matheus Mafra

I would like the 2d throttle panel too !! Thanks PMDG. Fred.

Hey Southwest and other airlines got Boeing to re-engine the 737 instead of a whole new plane. Same situation here with those of us that love the 2d panel. I'm not a fan of the VC and using TrackIR makes me want to install my PC next to the commode.

I didn't realise that someone had posted exactly what I had suggested under another topic heading, but here is my full support for the suggestion being made above. Getting to the fuel cut-off levers, and having a quick look around the throttle area during various phases of flight is just a pain when you're having to juggle between 2D and Virtual panels. I'd also like to see the 'hot-spots' gathered in a more convenient area around the window column. I'm not interested to having an 'absolutely correct' cockpit model and have never found my enjoyment of the PMDG models reduced by having the more prominent panel 'access spots'. Moving away from the B747-400 banner strip was, in my opinion, a development that could have been done without and would welcome it back as an available option. Nevertheless, congratulations to the team on the results of all their hard work and another superb product. Terry Gale

TERRY GALE

base leg for 09L/09R EGLL

UK

You can always use keys for the throttle cutoff switches. By default it is CTRL-F2 and CTRL-F4 for the idle position and CTRL-F1 and CTRL-F3 for cutoff on ENG1 & ENG2 respectively. These are default key combinations that come with a clean installation of the NGX. Again, you can always change these and all other key combos in the CDU's PMDG setup area. In the mean time, I still haven't figured out how I could read the current stab trim setting without going to the VC. No big deal, just still wondering. Breathtaking sim, by the way! PMDG should consider developing a whole flightsim engine instead of FSX or what not. But then, it might take 10 years to complete! Money Eyes.gif Cheers,

lol another thread on this maybe next week some one else will start another thread again think they already got the drift on the throttle quadrant by now no use bringing it up all the time wont be long before it will get to the other thread stage 2d v 3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2D is like FS9, no point to it anymore.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.