Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crostino75

dolphin?

HelloI've noticed that using ASV and NGX there are some problems when the aircraft is airborned. I'm explain better: i've noticed that during climb phase, even in LVL change mode or in VNAV mode, the elevators go up and down very fast in order to mantains the setted climb... bur the go very fast! In italian language we call this "delfinare" and i'm not very sure hot to translate it... probably: "dolphin performance" Someone noticed that? Can PMDG help me? thanks alot since nowEmanuele Bettinazzi

Hello I've noticed that using ASV and NGX there are some problems when the aircraft is airborned. I'm explain better: i've noticed that during climb phase, even in LVL change mode or in VNAV mode, the elevators go up and down very fast in order to mantains the setted climb... bur the go very fast! In italian language we call this "delfinare" and i'm not very sure hot to translate it... probably: "dolphin performance" Someone noticed that? Can PMDG help me? thanks alot since nowEmanuele Bettinazzi
Porpoising may be the word you're after. Big Grin.gif

Porpoising may be the word you're after. Big%20Grin.gif
I'm calling it "delfinare" from now on.

Haha I'm referring to porpoising as delfinare from now on. Anyway, I occasionally see this too when climbing on VNAV/FLCH. i suspect it's down to ASE, but have yet to do any testing to back that up.

Haha. I'm going to refer to it as "Dolphin Behavior". I like that! And yes, I've noticed the behavior (slightly) the OP is referring to.

I have a slight bobbing up and down on descent also you can watch the yokes in the cockpit going back and fourth

Disable turbulence in the FSX options and set the three suppression checkboxes on FSUIPC's wind page.