Sign in to follow this  
Michael Steininger

Complete Freeze in OrbX Scenery YBCS (Cairns)

Hello,until today I was one of those without any problems flying the NGX.And before submitting a ticket by PMDG I wanna hear, if there is anybody who canconfirm this.Just now I am flying in Australia, which is completly covered with OrbX Sceneries andAirports. I have one big problem in YBCS (Cairns). Doing the settings on the Perf Init Pageand confirm this setting by pressing the EXEC button i get a complete freeze of FSX.The screen becomes milky and nothing happens. I can finish the Sim only by using thetaskmanager. This occurs only in YBCS. Anybody with similiar Problems in Cairns or other Addon Sceneries? PS, I don't have the hotfix installed. Regards

I just landed there without problems using Orbx and ASE. Edit:- I just exited and loaded up with the Virgin livery and from C&D took off again for YBBN. No problems encountered.

Hello,until today I was one of those without any problems flying the NGX.And before submitting a ticket by PMDG I wanna hear, if there is anybody who canconfirm this.Just now I am flying in Australia, which is completly covered with OrbX Sceneries andAirports. I have one big problem in YBCS (Cairns). Doing the settings on the Perf Init Pageand confirm this setting by pressing the EXEC button i get a complete freeze of FSX.The screen becomes milky and nothing happens. I can finish the Sim only by using thetaskmanager. This occurs only in YBCS. Anybody with similiar Problems in Cairns or other Addon Sceneries? PS, I don't have the hotfix installed. Regards
Happened to me descending into Cairns approaching BARIA intersection. Went to enter my approach selection and the system froze. Have since flown out of Cairns to Brisbane with a small freeze which I overcame by cycling the screen views using 'A' on the keyboard. Have now installed the Hotfix and plan a visit to Cairns this evening to test the efficacy of the fix.

I just landed there without problems using Orbx and ASE. Edit:- I just exited and loaded up with the Virgin livery and from C&D took off again for YBBN. No problems encountered.
Hello, reading your post, i had an idea and tried another route.Yesterday it was also possible to land at YBCS without problems. Then I tried always programming a flight from YBCS to YPDN (Darwin) and that caused this freeze.Now I am flying from YBCS to YSSY. The setup of the FMS made no problems, I got no freeze.Maybe, there is an error in the current Airac cycle. Michael

Post the full details of the route that caused the problem (including runway, SID, STAR etc) and I will see if I can reproduce it.

no problesm for me just did a flight from ymml to ybcs landed on rwy 15 at cains at nite yea post the details and i do the flight as well to see if i get the issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Also getting some issues at Orbx scenerys, including full PC lockups (mouse won't move, pressing "numlock" on keyboard doesn't bring up the numlock light for minutes at a time). I'm pretty sure it's just my PC needing some upgrades. Not sure if it's Ram, HDD, or video card, but Im sure it's one of those. Running FSinn/vatsim + Activesky Evolution, etc can't be helping either, but last night I was flying into YMML and on final to rwy 34 off the LIZZI5A at about 300ft during a night-time landing, the system hung (full lockup, mouse cursor not moving, Vatsim voice cut-out mid-word etc) right about when the strobes started reflecting off the ground. Stayed hung for at least 2 minutes, and the system clock dropped back 2 minutes. I got up off my chair, had a drink, cleaned my cup. came back to the desk and was considering hitting the reset button when suddenly the vatsim transmissions in the last 2 minutes suddenly played back, and the thing slapped into the runway (no flare cos I wasn't actually holding the stick!). Im running an i7 950 with a GTX460 GPU on 4GB ram. Couldn't tell much about the HDD but I'v only got one internal HDD currently and it's got both the OS and FSX running on it. Might have a couple hundred spare $$ next month to do something about that tho.. considering upping the ram to 8GB and looking into an additional HDD to run FSX off on it's own. Till then YMML is a daytime only airport for the time being, and changing views and panning inside the VC is with care. YBBN YSCB and YBCS are also likley to be problematic, though I havn't tried yet. That people with 8GB memory, i7 2600's and 460GTX GPU's have issues worries me a little though ... What kinda system do we need to run the NGX into YBBN on a dark stormy night on vatsim with FSinn on a big vatsim flyin I wonder... Trent H

Post the full details of the route that caused the problem (including runway, SID, STAR etc) and I will see if I can reproduce it.
Here it is: YBCS to YPDN BIB1 BIB DCT KONDA J61 CRAIG CRAIG2Active Rwy in YBCS 15Active Rwy in YPDN 29FL340 Regards

Here it is: YBCS to YPDN BIB1 BIB DCT KONDA J61 CRAIG CRAIG2Active Rwy in YBCS 15Active Rwy in YPDN 29FL340 Regards
hi just inputed what u posted and got ctd got the pale screen and fsx not responding i got it when i pressed the exe button after i finished loading the route in so looks like it related to the airac data since this is the first time i had a ctd in this darn mite try another route to see if it works edit ok everytime i use the sid bib1 i get the ctd if i dont use it ie use another sid no problems at all so dont use the bib1 sid at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest Turboblower

I got one using the ARBEY 1 approach to RNWY 27 @ YMML. Freeze at the BOL NDB. Using ORBX YMML

As soon as I selected RWY 15,CTD.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am having the same problem with Brisbane and Cairns.... CTD when leaving or arriving at Brisbane. CTD on decent into Cairns. I have completed a couple of flights from Sydney to Canberrra (Orbx) without any problems... My computer is high running SDD drive for FSX and Windows Ultimate 64 Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am having the same problem with Brisbane and Cairns.... CTD when leaving or arriving at Brisbane. CTD on decent into Cairns. I have completed a couple of flights from Sydney to Canberrra (Orbx) without any problems... My computer is high running SDD drive for FSX and Windows Ultimate 64 Andrew
Hello, you have to distinguish. I have had problems in this area also, but with all aircrafts. In your case it seems to be alsoa g3d.dll crash, regardless to the NGX. Regards

Hello, you have to distinguish. I have had problems in this area also, but with all aircrafts. In your case it seems to be alsoa g3d.dll crash, regardless to the NGX. Regards
hi only have this prob with the ngx (all other pmdg aircraft havnt had any probs yet) at cains using the sid bib1 departure so far this is the only one that i have probs with

Peter kelberg

I hope to try it tonight. Have you tried the same flight plan with ORBx truned off?