Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

777 Winglets?

Why haven't they fitted this A/C with this technology? Seems it would reduce drag on a standard wing? I guess with ranges of 7000NM and 9000NM maybe they dont need them? Just always wondered this.

They are going to do it to the 737 for AA's big order on some of them along with new engines and a few other things.

They are going to do it to the 737 for AA's big order on some of them along with new engines and a few other things.
I'm gonna miss those towering winglets

I'm gonna miss those towering winglets
Me too. The NG will look weird without them. It's like a trademark of the NGs, and it also adds some style to them.

Matheus Mafra

They are just massive and I love 'em. On the 767 though they are 11feet tall,Shocked.gif . Funny how airbus copies and Boeing comes out with something better.

They are just massive and I love 'em. On the 767 though they are 11feet tall,Shocked.gif . Funny how airbus copies and Boeing comes out with something better.
Airbus vs Boeing is almost as bad as Intel/nVidia vs AMD/ATi

lol

Furthermore, the re-engined 737 will be named as 737-7, -8 and -9. The updated aircraft will deliver 10 - 12% overall operating cost improvement in comparison to the current 737NG family.
From Airliners.net. Full article here:http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/08/18/361001/boeing-close-to-re-engined-737-fan-size-decision.htmlIt will be a nice refreshed plane.

I love the bouncing but on takeoff when the just flex up, not as good as the 787 flex but still nice.

I didn't know that. Where did you find that info please?
Really? Did you see the raked wingtips on the A330/A340? First flight was almost three (3) years before the 777....
From Airliners.net. Full article here:http://www.flightglo...e-decision.html
Thanks for the link but the article doesn't mention raked wingtips. Rgds,Bruno

I have heard about this around the net. For Boeing to compete with the A320 neo they had to redesign a few aspects of the 737.I never knew the A330 had raked winglets, a picture would be nice to clarify and even if they did, why didn't they keep them as today the are much more efficient.The link is about the new 737, not specifically the raked winglets.

Indeed, must be honest that the winglets gave the 737 more flair. Was never that keen on the 73 before it was retrofitted with them.