Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Another CTD on final! :(

1. Done2. Done3. Done4. Panel freeze5. #@%$

Eric 

1. I do not have a FSUIPC.cfg file on modules folder although I run a registered FSUIPC.2. The latest video driver - NVidia 280.26 - created so many performance problems ... back to 275.33. This have been reported by some other users on another forum.3. Checked. 4. Panel freeze 5. #@%$ Schmid

NVidia 270.61seems to be the best for me tried all the others oh what fun video driver cleaning.

Rich Sennett

Instead of a whole new thread, I figured I'd just put it in here. FSX crashed when I was literally over the numbers. Here you go! Matt LaMay SourceMicrosoft® Flight Simulator XSummaryStopped workingDate‎8/‎21/‎2011 11:06 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61472.0Application Timestamp: 475e17d3Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4a3aefException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 000e1b92OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the problemLCID: 1033Bucket ID: 2572346457

Same thing CTD when Descending down to about FL410 CTD @ 7500Feet about 100NM from the airport when I was flying from PAFA To KDCA real time flight it a 6 and a half hour flight from PAFA TO KDCA :(

I don't think rex textures has to do with it. I have mine down to 1024 and still crashed after on final after I installed hotfix 3 so I removed it and now it's running fine.

REX has nothing to do with the ctd's. I have a virgin FSX install with only the NGX and iFly 737's on it. Matt

I have experienced crashes of FSX, but none of it is caused by the NGX. I have narrowed it down to two causes:1. REX weather engine 2. Orbx scenery I believe I have solved the weather engine problem by going into the main REX folder and right clicking on all of the .exe files and selecting the compatability tab and then the box to "Run as Administrator". Then I make a short cut of the weather engine .exe file on my desktop, de-select the auto-start of the weather engine in REX and start it manually after FSX is running. This seems to have solved my REX problem The Orbx problem I haven't figured out yet. Bob

My CTD on final, happened when making a extended runway centerline, when the RWYXX was the only fix left on the legs page. I selected it, created the INTC COURSE of that particular Runway heading and when EXEC'ing, FREEZE !! Tried the exact same flight and the above steps today, and it happened again.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Because of recent security changes in windows the latest version of FSUIPC is 4726, if you do not have the latest version, that could be some to many problems some are having. I have been running the 737 ngx sence it came out, on a laptop with no problems. Sonny Robbins

I have experienced crashes of FSX, but none of it is caused by the NGX. I have narrowed it down to two causes:1. REX weather engine 2. Orbx scenery I believe I have solved the weather engine problem by going into the main REX folder and right clicking on all of the .exe files and selecting the compatability tab and then the box to "Run as Administrator". Then I make a short cut of the weather engine .exe file on my desktop, de-select the auto-start of the weather engine in REX and start it manually after FSX is running. This seems to have solved my REX problem The Orbx problem I haven't figured out yet. Bob
Orbx, is a strong possibility. I had an issue with any aircraft departing KJFK and a few minutes taxi, I would get a CTD (OOM). This was with the PNW selected via FTX Central utility. This was repeatable time and time again, especially with complex aircraft models. The problem disappeared once I reverted back to default scenery setting. This is also repeatable. I have never CTD'd anywhere with the FTX utility set to default. Until now with the NGX, I have to set my USERVA to 2816, (Vista 32 bit) even though I have a 1GB GTX 460 card, in order not to OOM with the NGX. This has worked with every flight except to Tampa using FlyTampa scenery. Once I reached the border of the scenery and it began to load I got an OOM. Other than that I can fly the NGX point to point with no issues (Other than Performance, which isn't the greatest with my 3Ghz E6850) I had it running in a similar fashion on Windows XP (32-bit) , but I lost that partition (Doing something totally unrelated to FS). So now I'm running on my Vista partition, with FSX Acceleration.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Orbx, is a strong possibility. I had an issue with any aircraft departing KJFK and a few minutes taxi, I would get a CTD (OOM). This was with the PNW selected via FTX Central utility. This was repeatable time and time again, especially with complex aircraft models. The problem disappeared once I reverted back to default scenery setting. This is also repeatable. I have never CTD'd anywhere with the FTX utility set to default. Until now with the NGX, I have to set my USERVA to 2816, (Vista 32 bit) even though I have a 1GB GTX 460 card, in order not to OOM with the NGX. This has worked with every flight except to Tampa using FlyTampa scenery. Once I reached the border of the scenery and it began to load I got an OOM. Other than that I can fly the NGX point to point with no issues (Other than Performance, which isn't the greatest with my 3Ghz E6850) I had it running in a similar fashion on Windows XP (32-bit) , but I lost that partition (Doing something totally unrelated to FS). So now I'm running on my Vista partition, with FSX Acceleration.
Please excuse my ignorance, but are you saying that PNW scenery can affect your aircrfaft flying on the East coast? Can this happen?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg