Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fergus

Loading NGX from Free Flight Menu much better

I have found that if I load the NGX through the free flight menu I get much better frame rates,its much smoother and the stability is absolutely rock solid. If I load from a previously saved situation, I get much lower frame rates, its much more proneto stutters and the stability of the sim is such that I haven't managed to do back to back flights successfully once. Loading through the free flight menu I have managed 7 flights back to back without having to restart fsx once.The frame rates were consistent throughout and the stability of the sim was flawless - I did lateral offsets,used all types of custom waypoints etc - nothing caused NGX to crash or freeze. At the end of the 7 flight session, the NGX was performing just as well as at the beginning - frame rates, smoothness, everything. I use a combination of the free flight menu and the save / load panel utility in the NGX CDU. If ive prepped the NGX for my next flightflight, sometimes il save the panel state using the NGX cdu and when I next use fsx, all I have to do is start the NGX at the same airport as beforeand use the load panel state from the NGX cdu and im ready. Regards Fergus Cameron

I have found that if I load the NGX through the free flight menu I get much better frame rates,its much smoother and the stability is absolutely rock solid. If I load from a previously saved situation, I get much lower frame rates, its much more proneto stutters and the stability of the sim is such that I haven't managed to do back to back flights successfully once. Loading through the free flight menu I have managed 7 flights back to back without having to restart fsx once.The frame rates were consistent throughout and the stability of the sim was flawless - I did lateral offsets,used all types of custom waypoints etc - nothing caused NGX to crash or freeze. At the end of the 7 flight session, the NGX was performing just as well as at the beginning - frame rates, smoothness, everything. I use a combination of the free flight menu and the save / load panel utility in the NGX CDU. If ive prepped the NGX for my next flightflight, sometimes il save the panel state using the NGX cdu and when I next use fsx, all I have to do is start the NGX at the same airport as beforeand use the load panel state from the NGX cdu and im ready. Regards Fergus Cameron
Wonder why?

Ok. For practicing flight i have by-passed all of the ground set up and have my NGX saved all set up for the tutotial flight, sitting at EGKK on Rnwy 8R. All i have to do is stabilize at 70% n1 and hit TOGA.I can do the same thing using load saved panel state? But does it also save FMC input?

Ok. For practicing flight i have by-passed all of the ground set up and have my NGX saved all set up for the tutotial flight, sitting at EGKK on Rnwy 8R. All i have to do is stabilize at 70% n1 and hit TOGA.I can do the same thing using load saved panel state? But does it also save FMC input?
Yes, in my experience it does.

Yes, in my experience it does.
Most of it. I usually have to re align the IRS, but everything else seems to stay set.