Sign in to follow this  
target111

panel freeze problem

Hi.I'm no computer genius etc but I have been lucky at not experienced any problems with the NGX.I run a fairly low end system compared to todays pc, I have a quad core 2.83, 8GB RAM, 2 Nvidia 9800GTX+ in SLI,and run Vista 64bit. I have found to get better performance with FSX If I run it under the Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility option (right Click,Properites,compatibility) on the FSX icon. I dont know if there is a feature in Windows7 to be able to do anything like this.I also reboot the my PC and start FSX from a clean boot up if I have been using the PC for other things and give Windows a few moments to settle and load everyhting it needs. This probably wont solve all the issues but it may help to stop some of the CTD and freezes. Tony

I uninstalled and reinstalled original with no hot fix, had no crashes all day, fingers crossed no more crashes!

I'm another one having this freeze problem. Funny thing is that it only started to happen in the last 3 flights. Before that - no problem. It's like it's starting to self destruct. Many people suggesting fixes in this forum don't seem to understand the problem. FSX does not freeze. It continues just fine. Only the 737NGX freezes - all instruments, displays and controls freeze and only on approach or on touchdown. Other problems: - flight director steers away from the magneta line on the ND to the right at an angle of 30 degrees after a turn. - symbology on bottom of HGS is hidden by glareshield so the combiner is in front of the glareshield but the lower symbology is behind the glareshield. Richard Wade

Just my 2 cents...I just got the plane yesterday...between 30 to 40 fps on a quad core no I3 or I5 or I7. Scenery off , all other sliders to max...flies great. However if I fly with the DEFAULT livery everything is OK. If I use one of the downloadable liveries Bingo!, the panel freezes! If I go back to the default, I fly with no problems. also in the downloadable liveries I got a white bump on the top of the plane...and white circles inside the engine. Also even though I got over 30 frames...I still got a steady sttuder every second, even when the frames are hitting the 45 FPS in clear weather. Have tried the ******* cgf, went back to the default. Plane flies better with the default cfg, than with any other tweeks. Therefore IS NOT necessarily a PMDG problem. maybe something in the liveries?, sizes?

Just my 2 cents...I just got the plane yesterday...between 30 to 40 fps on a quad core no I3 or I5 or I7. Scenery off , all other sliders to max...flies great. However if I fly with the DEFAULT livery everything is OK. If I use one of the downloadable liveries Bingo!, the panel freezes! If I go back to the default, I fly with no problems. also in the downloadable liveries I got a white bump on the top of the plane...and white circles inside the engine. Also even though I got over 30 frames...I still got a steady sttuder every second, even when the frames are hitting the 45 FPS in clear weather. Have tried the ******* cgf, went back to the default. Plane flies better with the default cfg, than with any other tweeks. Therefore IS NOT necessarily a PMDG problem. maybe something in the liveries?, sizes?
If and thats a big if it is the livery, it is pmdg problem....they created them!

Eric 

Today panel freeze with latest hotfix here also. Worried.gif After entering a new flighlevel in FMC and executing, aircraft starts climbing and then all panel freeze.

Hotfix3 still getting a long pause about 15 minutes into flight during the climb. It is consistent now for many flight. I have reported this on a trouble ticket. I can understand some of the frustration, however, I am very happy with the NGX. I will wait for PMDG to find the fix and just learn to expect the 3 min pause from time to time. Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Yesterday flying across Tasman sea from Hamilton NZ to YSSY Kingsford Smith - FSX in house real weather downloads used. Used 8x speed after successful take off and reaching cruise altitiude (35000). Things clipping along nicely until I suddenly realized that the main displays not updating.By using the magnifying glass the enlarged displays still accurately updating - unfortunately way passed my begin descent point. Recalcuated using pop up FMC I was able to recalculate a modified arrival to runway 16R. On approach noticed the the 3D cockpit view that the displays had started working again ??!! Very weird.PMDG want to comment

Yes!! Just flew and landed and taxiied in with no freezes but the flight only used FSX weather with clear skies theme selected like Robert said to try in a post a couple of weeks back. No REX and no ORBX airport. I have not installed any hotfix as my 737 had been going really well before the last 3 flights. This really is a sensational simulation and when this freeze thing is sorted out it will be the best thing since sliced bread. Richard Wade

I have a feeling that the freezes are related with the system pushing the limits. OR not?.. Here is the scenario: 1st sector - LOWW-EHAM with add-on Fly Tampa Vienna and Aerosoft Amsterdam + ASE weather, no traffic. In Vienna normal behavior - FPS around 25. At EHAM the FPS were down to 10-11 - obviously I was pushing the boundaries here. Without restarting the FSX I flew the next sector EHAM-LOWI at dusk - add on Aerosoft Innsbruck. Everything was perfectly fine until the final 100 feet above LOWI. I managed to actually land the plane when realized the panel was frozen. Further as you might guess nothing worked except the brakes. The FPS on arrival at LOWI were around 20ties so I can't figure out what has pushed the system towards its limit and caused the freeze..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

c is serious when even that seems mandatory to reach its outis fs to run his 737.pmdg more remains silent and does not go out any patch to solve that with the number of people dissatisfied.Shocked.gif

If you are still getting freeze-ups during flights, have you tried running FSX in Windows XP/SP3 compatability mode (as Administrator)? I was able to complete a full flight using FSX/SP2 & PMDG 737NGX from MKE to MCI takeoff to landing which would have usually had frozen up about 30 minutes into the flight. I had also disabled my audio. I need to run some more tests to see if I have a handle on this.

If you are still getting freeze-ups during flights, have you tried running FSX in Windows XP/SP3 compatability mode (as Administrator)? I was able to complete a full flight using FSX/SP2 & PMDG 737NGX from MKE to MCI takeoff to landing which would have usually had frozen up about 30 minutes into the flight. I had also disabled my audio. I need to run some more tests to see if I have a handle on this.
FSX was made with Vista in mind, why would you use xp compat mode ? or any compat mode

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

help me with this please i have one problems with my instruments , it dosent work as it should be , the standby attitude indicator should be working normally but it freezzzeee i dont know why , try to use the round attitude indicator at your ngx and look how it react . . . this round standby attitude isint working , can someone help me how fix this problemmmm ? ? ?