Sign in to follow this  
cloudswimmer

Serious Graphic Bug

Hi, Ok was doing some night flying tonight with the NGX and the same graphic bug I've complained about in the past when day flying reared its ugly head even more so while night flying.Have a look at these screen shots.They are full 1200x1920 captures with a 100 pixel black border added for contrast at the edges.These are four different aircraft shot over the same area at the same time of night.1st is default 737, 2nd is Captain 757, 3rd is iFly, and 4th is the NGX.Click on each pic to render it full size and look along the top edge of the first 3, then the NGX,These lines and dots just ruin the suspension of disbelief for me.It reminds me of a monitor with massive hot pixels and back light edge bleed.Someone from PMDG, in a post I made on the issue right after product launch, said that was just an anomaly of FSX itself.If so then why do none of the other aircraft I own, payware, freeware, or stock display these same ugly anomalies?I'm not sure what to do here, file a support ticket?Like I said a PMDG rep here told me it was normal, but I think my screen captures prove otherwise.Am I the only one experiencing this? I've tried to be patient here waiting for hotfixes to fix screen freezes, tweaking down settings to try and get full flights without OOM errors, but with these graphical anomalies I'm just really starting to a bit pickled with the whole thing ;( original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty SERIOUS! Whew.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Confirmed here too. Not sure what the cause of this is with the NGX, but doesn't bother me too much tbh.

I think you have to much time on your hands, no offence, but that is really a tiny insignificant thing.I could understand the hooha if the HUD was missing or something. but this no. Im assuming that you have updated drivers ect ??

Graphic bug? Well, yes, maybe...Serious graphic bug? Really? In comparison with activation issues, CTDs and what not the team is trying to fix right now? I don't think so...

I have that too. It sometimes occurs with other addon aircraft as well, but it's very prominent with the NGX.Still, I'd consider that a very minor issue.

Dave P. Woycek

Yeah, that's pretty SERIOUS! Whew.gif
Agree it's a disgrace..................Serious forget it!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I get this with most planes. The stars are captured around the edge of the screen. Not a big deal. I use trackIR so a quick pan around usually clears them.

Dear PMDG...I would like a refund for this disgraceful error....3yrs of development and such a glaring issue was never spotted during beta testing!! I get it too even with the latest drivers and get it at times with other aircraft. Never ever bothered me. If it's such an issue stick a line of black electrical tape around the edge of your monitorLOL.gif

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Seriously? The tiny (almost invisible) line at the top?? "Serious graphic bug"..are you joking? Sure it's a problem, but as already pointed out, some people are experiencing actual serious issues. Sometimes i despair at the comments on here.

Ian R Tyldesley

Guest Turboblower

Hate to sell the OP a car, just got a shiver thinking about it. (phew)

Seriously? The tiny (almost invisible) line at the top?? "Serious graphic bug"..are you joking? Sure it's a problem, but as already pointed out, some people are experiencing actual serious issues. Sometimes i despair at the comments on here.
Ok look, I'm not going to argue with the wise crack comments here.I've been in this as both a hobby since the Sublogic Apple IIe days, and professionally since 1999 working on simulators from government sub contractors on simulator sub systems, all the way up to building a complete successful commercial flightsim facility in 1996-7.I think I know a little bit about the suspension of disbelief business and how important visuals are to that effect.I've had several of my old colleague's including a friend who is an active A320 line pilot over to the house recently to demo the NGX, and all were impressed with the systems modeling, but all pointed out the top edge of the screen as an annoyance as well. I'm now retired and yes as a poster above commented 'I do have a lot of time on my hands' So I've been trying to decide which way to go in setting up a home cockpit, Airbus or Boeing.I have complete hardware panel sets for both, and the NGX could be a viable option to the standard Project Magenta route with an NGX SDK, so yes I'm scrutinizing it.Obviously those that aren't bothered by it are either running on fairly small visual systems with un-calibrated monitors with poor DR, color gamut, laptops, etc, or run so far zoomed out in the VC that the overheads block the effect..Your welcome to meet me at Flightdeck (I'm only 20min away) and I'll bring along a couple large high quality S-IPS monitors and we'll plug em in.Then at cruise altitude we'll bring the staff in and vote how many think its not a serious graphic bug.Its a great simulation, but the rough edges need a little polishing, literally :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I think you'd be surprised by how many people won't consider this as a serious bug.I reckon stuff like this isn't even close to the top of the "to-do" list for the team right now. So once again... Bug? Maybe. Serious? Nope. Are you annoyed by the little white square in the top left of your screen too? ;-)

@Chris, The way I solved this issue was to simply adjust the center of my monitor one tick or two up in my monitor settings. With 1000 or so pixels high, moving up one or two pixels to hide that line is no biggie. I don't notice it at all anymore. I have seen this with other payware aircraft, especially back with FS9. But like I said, the easy fix is to adjust your monitor to hide that single row of pixels. Adam EDIT: And I would just ignore the haters if I were you...eventually someone will come around with a consturctive comment to help you with your issue. If it helps at all, it bothered the crap out of me until the lighbulb went off and I just changed my monitor settings slightly.