Sign in to follow this  
cloudswimmer

Serious Graphic Bug

Or Nuisance/minor?

Sigh... are we going to start comparing how long we've been in the hobby and who's monitors are better? As i said (and i have no intention of offending you) i have noticed the artifacts myself, i have noticed them on a lot of the planes i own and fly. Futher note: I have noticed that the artifacts appear less...or not at all in window mode. In response to your earlier question, i have seen similar artifacts in the CS707, CS C130 and the Katana. I really do hope that this doesn't ruin your enjoyment of the simulation. Thanks
Your right defending myself against the condescending replies with a mini resume was perhaps a bit immature.As far as monitors, I was just trying to point out the higher dynamic range of the monitor, the worse it gets, not trying to belittle anyone's gear, either by choice or financial limitations This has been much more than a hobby for myself, it turned into my profession, and now that I'm retired and its again a hobby, its hard to settle for less than perfection.PMDG has done a damn fine job, very close to perfection, and I'm certainly not trying to diss the sim, just find a solution.If it wasn't susch a good simulation I wouldn't even bother visiting this forum.And yes I went through the activation issue, panel freezes, and OOM errors too, so I can understand those are obviously serious issues for those suffering them.For ->ME<- the graphics are just as serious an issue, obviously for others they are not, just like activation, freeze, and OOM issues are not.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Your right defending myself against the condescending replies with a mini resume was perhaps a bit immature.As far as monitors, I was just trying to point out the higher dynamic range of the monitor, the worse it gets, not trying to belittle anyone's gear, either by choice or financial limitations This has been much more than a hobby for myself, it turned into my profession, and now that I'm retired and its again a hobby, its hard to settle for less than perfection.PMDG has done a damn fine job, very close to perfection, and I'm certainly not trying to diss the sim, just find a solution.If it wasn't susch a good simulation I wouldn't even bother visiting this forum.And yes I went through the activation issue, panel freezes, and OOM errors too, so I can understand those are obviously serious issues for those suffering them.For ->ME<- the graphics are just as serious an issue, obviously for others they are not, just like activation, freeze, and OOM issues are not.
Well Chris i am sorry if my comment offended you, that was most certainly not my intention. You are right, better monitors show more defects; that is true in any application. I would try window mode, it does make a difference (more accurately it did for me). It might be that it window mode hides the defect rather than fixing it. Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

Hi, Ok was doing some night flying tonight with the NGX and the same graphic bug I've complained about in the past when day flying reared its ugly head even more so while night flying.Have a look at these screen shots.They are full 1200x1920 captures with a 100 pixel black border added for contrast at the edges.These are four different aircraft shot over the same area at the same time of night.1st is default 737, 2nd is Captain 757, 3rd is iFly, and 4th is the NGX.Click on each pic to render it full size and look along the top edge of the first 3, then the NGX,These lines and dots just ruin the suspension of disbelief for me.It reminds me of a monitor with massive hot pixels and back light edge bleed.Someone from PMDG, in a post I made on the issue right after product launch, said that was just an anomaly of FSX itself.If so then why do none of the other aircraft I own, payware, freeware, or stock display these same ugly anomalies?I'm not sure what to do here, file a support ticket?Like I said a PMDG rep here told me it was normal, but I think my screen captures prove otherwise.Am I the only one experiencing this? I've tried to be patient here waiting for hotfixes to fix screen freezes, tweaking down settings to try and get full flights without OOM errors, but with these graphical anomalies I'm just really starting to a bit pickled with the whole thing ;(
I've seen this occasionally in the LDS 767 and PMDG 747x. - John

I've been trying to decide which way to go in setting up a home cockpit, Airbus or Boeing.I have complete hardware panel sets for both, and the NGX could be a viable option to the standard Project Magenta route with an NGX SDK, so yes I'm scrutinizing it
You must be joking !!! How would you sort out the overhead panel logic without PM Systems ? I have built 12 737 800 sims in the last 5 years and without PM that would have been impossible.

Ok look, I'm not going to argue with the wise crack comments here.I've been in this as both a hobby since the Sublogic Apple IIe days, and professionally since 1999 working on simulators from government sub contractors on simulator sub systems, all the way up to building a complete successful commercial flightsim facility in 1996-7.I think I know a little bit about the suspension of disbelief business and how important visuals are to that effect.I've had several of my old colleague's including a friend who is an active A320 line pilot over to the house recently to demo the NGX, and all were impressed with the systems modeling, but all pointed out the top edge of the screen as an annoyance as well. I'm now retired and yes as a poster above commented 'I do have a lot of time on my hands' So I've been trying to decide which way to go in setting up a home cockpit, Airbus or Boeing.I have complete hardware panel sets for both, and the NGX could be a viable option to the standard Project Magenta route with an NGX SDK, so yes I'm scrutinizing it.Obviously those that aren't bothered by it are either running on fairly small visual systems with un-calibrated monitors with poor DR, color gamut, laptops, etc, or run so far zoomed out in the VC that the overheads block the effect..Your welcome to meet me at Flightdeck (I'm only 20min away) and I'll bring along a couple large high quality S-IPS monitors and we'll plug em in.Then at cruise altitude we'll bring the staff in and vote how many think its not a serious graphic bug.Its a great simulation, but the rough edges need a little polishing, literally :)
Now you have suspended reality for me. I actually thought you were serious before you introduced the 'building a cockpit' scenario. As a cockpit builder you shouldn't be concerning yourself with minor panel issues such as you describe. Suggest you download PROSIM and wait for a decent flight model. Andrew Vincent

Which other airplanes?I've posted screens from two other popular add-ons.I also own Aerosoft Airbus-X, Feelthere Airbus Evolution, Captain 727 and 707, Level-D 767, Flight 1 Super 80 and Cessna T182T, all the Carenado fleet, A2A Cub, Realair Turbine Duke, Lionheart Kodiak, and the Accusim Spitfire.All are clean off the edge.I have many systems, both AMD and Intel, both Radeon and GeForce.So far have ran an Intel Q9550 with an Asus GTX 560 Ti, and a Phenom II X4 965 with an Asus Radeon 5870.Same deal.I have many monitors from old CRT's and small vintage LCD's, up to my new current workhorse the Eizo CG303W 30".The better the monitor, the worse it looks.Surely there must be something that can be fixed here.In the mean time I guess I can mess with monitor settings like Adam suggested, but my Eizo is brand new and set me back 5K, I'm a little spooked to start tweaking it sans color calibrationHypnotized.gif
There is nothing I can tell you to convince you then if that's the case. Multiple people besides myself here have said they've seen it with other aircraft too. We do not have the source code for FSX itself or for ATI or Nvidia's drivers - there is absolutely nothing we can do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com