Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

ETA SP1 and Tutorial 2?

-600/-700 is a separate expansion pack. Like the -800i for the 744x.

-600/-700 is a separate expansion pack. Like the -800i for the 744x.
I probably didn't make myself clear enough.My question was meant in terms of time/release date. I'm aware that we'll not see the -600/-700 as a part of SP1. To rephrase: is the -600/-700 release date somehow coupled to the release date of SP1?

Dave P. Woycek

Geoff, please stop assuming you know what we're going to do. There will certainly be more updates past SP1 - there's a lot of things we want to do still with this product that are not related to bug fixing.
Sorry Ryan, You are correct, I have no idea what PMDG is doing, or going to do.What I wrote earlier could have been worded more clearly..
Once SP1 is released, don;t hold your breath for any further "fixes"....or SPs .. ( logistical & Support nightmare)
What I was trying to imply was that typically HOTFIXES can come out in rapid sucession, to try put a bandaid on bugs. Typically Service Packs are far less frequent, and more thoroughly tested.. If a developer keeps putting out multiple service packs, in quick succession, then it does become an updating nightmare for the customer, and a support challenge for the developer. "Don't hold your breath" was meant to imply, that it is unlikely that any developer would put out a 2nd service pack, closely on the heels of a recent SP1, so it's worth the wait to get SP1 reasonably effective. I certainly did not mean to imply that I "assumed" there would be no futher fixes or SPs. !!!! Like many others, I am expecting and assuming great things in the future from PMDG -- otherwise I would not waste my time with the 737NGX pilot.gif

I probably didn't make myself clear enough.My question was meant in terms of time/release date. I'm aware that we'll not see the -600/-700 as a part of SP1. To rephrase: is the -600/-700 release date somehow coupled to the release date of SP1?
No. I'll be released when it's ready and they have the basepack working 100%

No. I'll be released when it's ready and they have the basepack working 100%
OK. Then we'll never see the -600/-700 series. No software will ever work 100%.Software dev myself so I know laugh.png

Dave P. Woycek

OK. Then we'll never see the -600/-700 series. No software will ever work 100%.Software dev myself so I know laugh.png
What? You saying windows has got bugs? Lol

I must have tutorial #2!!! Need input!
Please sign full real name as per forum rules. Please also remember that PMDG are currently extremely busy, a second tutorial is very far down the list of to-do

Please sign full real name as per forum rules. Please also remember that PMDG are currently extremely busy, a second tutorial is very far down the list of to-do

NGX, where is your name? I'm new and don't see half the people signing their name. Also I can read the threads. I am well aware that this is not a priority. It was meant as a statement of anticipation and echoing the sentiments of all who like the more complex tutorials. I wasn't looking for a response from anyone.

In my signature...?

In my signature...?
I believe your first comment states that you should sign your full real name as per forum rules. I believe your full real name is Dianna Agron. You have not been following your own advice and have been breaking forum rules. smack on wrist for you :)

So should a Chris write Christopher? An Alex write Alexander?

If the forum rules state full real name then yes, or do you think the rules are stupid in which case why are you enforcing them? :)