Sign in to follow this  
FinnishBostonian

X plane 10 release date finalized

XP9 already supports the hat switch across all 3 OS's. I don't see any reason it won't in XP10.

I hope they release it in time to have it for x-mas instead of having to wait after x-mas due to the fact that no stores are open x-mas day that sell software on the shelf. and a download version? yeah right...of how many GBs total? 8x dual layer DVDs? sure...even fiber would still take a few days even if the download server could sustain multiple 40mbps+ streams....its hardcopy or bust...

X-Plane seems to have a very limited retail presence (I saw XP9 only occasionally at Best Buy or Walmart and never at any of the specialty gaming shops like GameStop), so unless things have changed this time around, online ordering is probably the best option, although I would love the option to pick it up off the shelf on release day.But this brings up a question: will all three OS versions come in the same box? Or will each one have a separate SKU? In the case of XP9, the Linux version was only available online.

X-Plane seems to have a very limited retail presence (I saw XP9 only occasionally at Best Buy or Walmart and never at any of the specialty gaming shops like GameStop), so unless things have changed this time around, online ordering is probably the best option, although I would love the option to pick it up off the shelf on release day.But this brings up a question: will all three OS versions come in the same box? Or will each one have a separate SKU? In the case of XP9, the Linux version was only available online.
In the UK, sadly, it's getting harder and harder to find any PC titles. I struggle to find them in any shops these days as they have been replaced with console games. Even in our local PC World or 'Game' outlet which, years ago, had an entire floor dedicated to PC & MAC games has replaced them with an abundance of first person shooters, dance games and fitness titles. I know this is nothing new but I think it will be harder than ever for both Microsoft and Laminar to sell to their intended markets. The games industry (in the UK least) account for more revenue than the music and film industry combined, which is really incredible. But that market share is down to console titles and now (sigh) games for mobile. I am writing this on an iPad tablet, the store has games for £2.99 that's difficult to compete with. Its amazing to see Battlefield 3 On tv commecrials and Call of Duty on billboards being advertised just like the latest blockbuster. It's great to see Microsoft trying to rekindle the PC market with Games for Windows or Windows Live, I just can't see it making much headway. So as we fall in a niche within a niche within a niche, I believe it's going to be tough to sell to even the casual gamer let alone us crazy enthusiasts (well I speak for myself), for both companies. My view, yours may differ.

The PC section in most stores is definitely a lot smaller than it used to be. GameStop used to have an entire wall dedicated to PC games. Now it's a small standalone shelf in the middle of the store. But then consider that a lot of PC sales are online now, so it's not as dire as one might be led to believe. Of course digital distribution isn't really an option for a 70GB flight simulator.

The PC section in most stores is definitely a lot smaller than it used to be. GameStop used to have an entire wall dedicated to PC games. Now it's a small standalone shelf in the middle of the store.
at the back of the store in all the ones near me ... i'm sadFrustrated.gif

Of course digital distribution isn't really an option for a 70GB flight simulator.
Yes I agree. It'll be interesting to find how many DVD's Flight will be delivered on. To think if we had all adopted blu-ray machines it would have probably been 2 discs. :-)

Yes I agree. It'll be interesting to find how many DVD's Flight will be delivered on. To think if we had all adopted blu-ray machines it would have probably been 2 discs. :-)
Austin has mentioned that it will ship on 8 double sided discs. By the way, the Aerosoft version will ship with additional airports (located in Europe) and European-styleed autogen.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I think flight will be delivered on a cassette, lol....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar