Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

FMC "HOLDING" Tutorial

Part 3. How to " Exit a Holding pattern " ( First method. )
Good work there Fred. Thanks for taking the time for us desk fliers. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Wow, Frederic! You really spend a lot of time making these graphics and coming up with these tutorials. You could sell this stuff! You could call it FBT for Frederic Based Training! Exclamation!

Matt Cee

Thanks a bunch!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Part 4. How to " Exit a Holding Pattern " (Second Method) I am HOLDING at REYES but ATC tells me to proceed direct to SADDE. No need for the HOLD page in this case.In the LEGS page I just downselect SADDE to the scratchpad and then upselect it on top of REYES. (see Pic 1) Once I press EXEC the holding pattern is removed. (see Pic 2)( In the pic I haven't executed it yet !!! )

Thankyou Frederic, this will be very usefull

Christopher Bell.

Verry nice and thank you for taking the time ;)

Hey Fred, greets from EDDF and thx for this nice Thread. Can you tell me what ist the correct method to decent in a hold? Editing the FL on the hold site in the CDU doenst help. Editing the legs page doesnt help either.Do i have to use LVL CHG? Greets Frank

Thanks a bunch for the situations, time to go fly circles in the sky! Practice makes perfect. I always feel rushed when doing a go around or hold. I think this will help me heaps!

Thanks a lot for the tutorials. I made a favorites folder in IE and Foxfire both labelled Frederick's Tutorials. I'm filing all of these there for future reference. Anyongi kaseyo from RKSI.

Thanks a bunch for the situations, time to go fly circles in the sky! Practice makes perfect. I always feel rushed when doing a go around or hold. I think this will help me heaps!
Just I was wondering this week how to do this? thank you.
Thanks a lot for the tutorials. I made a favorites folder in IE and Foxfire both labelled Frederick's Tutorials. I'm filing all of these there for future reference. Anyongi kaseyo from RKSI.
Thanks guys !! Glad to know that you found them helpful. Fred.

Thank you Fred,I have another questio, if you will perform go around with pre-programed holding pattern how you would change the airplane mode following the go around procedures into the holding pattern ?Thanks

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Wow, funny this topic should turn up just as I was planning to try out a hold procedure this morning!I went ahead and set up a hold that would require a parallel entry-with the waypoint at the far side of the racetrack as viewed from the approaching aircraft, and the turn direction contrary to the 'natural' direction for entering the hold...so the A/C would have to fly over the waypoint and then outside of and parallel to the inbound leg of the racetrack, in the opposite direction, and then perform a ~225 degree turn into the inbound leg, entering the hold in a kind of figure-eight pattern. Congrats PMDG, immaculate! The NGX performed the maneuvre by the book (I used the Bulfer FMC guide - but I remember reading a german NGX review a week or two ago that mentioned holds were not flown correctly - however, judging from this test, probably the most difficult scenario, that is not true-the reviewers may have used an earlier version though, mine is hotfix 3) - great! Martijn