Sign in to follow this  
trisager

NGX: Cold & Dark to Before Takeoff (3rd installment)

Tom, this is a superb tutorial...many thanks for the effort to allow everyone to understand and enjoy the NGXWill Reynolds

I have read this tutorial twice now. I will keep reading it till I learn every single page by heart! Cuppa.gif It should be included in the NGX package! Thank you again! im Not Worthy.gif

Haven't had the time (and pleasure I'm sure) reading this tutorial yet but reading all the positive comments I'm sure I have something very good to look forward to :smile:Maybe it has already been asked and answered but out of curiosity where did the author get the huge knowledge from because I remember reading somewhere he isn't a real NGX driver?This kind of knowledge sharing is truly great and one of those things I really like about the FS community :(

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for all the kind words, much appreciated!

Maybe it has already been asked and answered but out of curiosity where did the author get the huge knowledge from because I remember reading somewhere he isn't a real NGX driver?
I'm not a real anything pilot - the closest I ever got to achieving that was completing the theory part of a PPL. But I do have an interest in aviation, and I've always enjoyed doing research and writing (PMDG has delivered all the documentation that anyone could dream of with the NGX, and it there is a wealth of information about the 737NG readily available on the Internet). No amount of research can be as good as real-world experience, of course, and there are bound to be some mistakes and errors in the tutorial. Some have already been pointed out to me, and have been corrected - and I hope that not too many remain smile.png

And a question please:when will be available next installment?
Some time during the coming week, I imagine. I still have some more work to do, and I would like to test it with the hotfix that is expected sometime today.

Well done Tom! Awaiting the next segment. be careful, hotfix 4 is beta and neccesary only if problems exist. Gotta go, Houston Ctr. is calling.

By the way Tom, since the release of HF4, the terrain mode is now available at the F/O panel... Make sure you update this on your next release. smile.png

By the way Tom, since the release of HF4, the terrain mode is now available at the F/O panel... Make sure you update this on your next release. smile.png
Will do, thanks for reminding me.

Just as an FYI, I've uploaded the completed version to the AVSIM file library. The file is currently waiting for an admin to approve it. I have removed the incomplete version from my own server about an hour ago, so the download links don't work at the moment. I'll post updated download information as soon as I have it.

Thanks for your effort. Still haven't downloaded it yet, since you've removed the file, but gonna grab it as soon as it's available.