Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trisager

NGX: Cold & Dark to Before Takeoff (3rd installment)

This is the third installment of the NGX tutorial. This version takes you from entering a cold & dark cockpit and all the way to the departure runway, with the Before Takeoff Checklist completed. The intended audience ranges from those that are completely new to Boeing-type addons in FSX, to those who know how to get in the air and land, but would like a more solid understanding of the airplane and its systems. Compared to the extensive documentation that comes with the NGX, the main difference is that this tutorial is designed to be read sequentially rather than to be used as a reference. You can download it here: http://stickleback.d...P11/NGXvol1.pdf (A4 format) or here: http://stickleback.d...11/NGXvol1L.pdf (Letter format). I hope you enjoy it, and as always any feedback is most welcome. (The downloads above include both old and new material).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's brilliant Tom, thanks a million! I've only just finished printing the previous version. Any changes to the early parts, or can I just print the last section?

I've only just finished printing the previous version. Any changes to the early parts, or can I just print the last section?
I made some changes, but all were grammar, typos etc - you won't have to print the older parts again.

Stunning. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Man, you could have asked money for this! Awesome! Incredible! Et cetera. happy.png

Stunning. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Man, you could have asked money for this! Awesome! Incredible! Et cetera. happy.png
Shhhhhhh........... don't tell him thatLOL.gif

Great! Thank you again Tom! You are "da man"!Please give us your PayPal account...im Not Worthy.gif

Shhhhhhh........... don't tell him thatLOL.gif
LOLHey Tom,Do you have a Paypal account? Some of these guys want to give you money! Thanks again, great job.

Tom, THANK YOU so much for this! I've dabbled with the 737(Wilco) and the 747 (PMDG) in the past to varying degrees of success but I've always gotten frustrated at some point and lost interest. But now with the NGX and your excellent tutorial I've learned more in just a few short days than I learned over years of trial and error. I'm now printing out the third installment and and will be learning more shortly as I go thru it. Again THANK YOU, it's talented people like you that make this a great hobby.

Thanks so much. Are there a 1st and 2nd installments yet? I couldn't find it, so I was wondering. Really good though, this NEEDS to be pinned Tommy McCall

Thanks so much. Are there a 1st and 2nd installments yet? I couldn't find it, so I was wondering. Really good though, this NEEDS to be pinned Tommy McCall
All 3 are in the PDF

All 3 are in the PDF
To add to that: this great pdf is a work in progress: instead of only publishing the completely finished pdf, Tom releases a new version whenever he added enough to make a new release interesting. (Great idea!) So this version is the third release and it has everything in it that also was in release 1 and 2 (plus some minor corrections).

Wow... just downloaded this and I can appreciate the amount of work that went into it.I'll have a read over the weekend.ThanksCarl Beeby

Tom, you are really talented.You are doing an amazing work of popularization for this brillant addon.Thanks a lot, indeed, for the time and knowledge you are offering to the community.dry.png

All 3 are in the PDF
Okay I thought there were three installments and this was one. I didn't know all three were in here. Thanks. Hopefully he does more!!

Thanks for all the kind words!

Do you have a Paypal account? Some of these guys want to give you money!
Tempting, but no thanks biggrin.png

Tom. Can only imagine the effort that goes into this great piece of work, many thanks & hope to see more, as it really helps. RegardsPaul Humphries