Sign in to follow this  
trisager

NGX: Cold & Dark to Before Takeoff (3rd installment)

If I could make one suggestion. As you add pages to the Contents page, if you number the Contents pages 2.a, 2.b, 2.c etc. rather than page 2, 3, 4 etc., then the remaining pages in the document would remain the same number and not keep changing up by one each time a new page is added to the Contents. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for the suggestion, Tom. It does make sense, too bad I didn't think of it myself before releasing the latest update. I don't think that the TOC will extend beyond the current 2 pages, but if it does I'll do as you suggested.

I've got to add my two cents also. Tom, this is absolutely the best of the best of the tutorials. You have taken the heat off TABS to get the official Tutorial 2 out to the users. Now he can take all the time he needs, we have something to work with, thanks solely to you. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Tom, Your excellent tutorial is very much appreciated, look forward to descent -> shutdown edition.

Hi Trisager I absolutely agree, it is the finest tutorial that I have ever read and it is increasing my knowledge and enjoyment of NGX by a big margin. Thank you very much for all the work that you have put in so far! Edwindf

Awesome job Tom! A detailed explanation of systems, their usage and relevant rationale... I agree this thread should be pinned... I hope and pray that you would complete this tutorial, soon... Praying.gif

This is the third installment of the NGX tutorial. This version takes you from entering a cold & dark cockpit and all the way to the departure runway, with the Before Takeoff Checklist completed. The intended audience ranges from those that are completely new to Boeing-type addons in FSX, to those who know how to get in the air and land, but would like a more solid understanding of the airplane and its systems. Compared to the extensive documentation that comes with the NGX, the main difference is that this tutorial is designed to be read sequentially rather than to be used as a reference. You can download it here: http://stickleback.d...P11/NGXvol1.pdf (A4 format) or here: http://stickleback.d...11/NGXvol1L.pdf (Letter format). I hope you enjoy it, and as always any feedback is most welcome. (The downloads above include both old and new material).
Thanks for all the work you obviously had to put into this Tom. Much appreciated! Iain Smith

Tom,It is a great info and guidance.Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

just bumping this awesome piece of work.
actually, great idea. Let's all keep bumping this thread so it remains visible on page 1. It is really deserves a pin more so then other pinned topics.

I agree, this is one way to keep it in front of us. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .