Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Real world live airport activity tracker

Hi my fellow NGX fanatics! I have used this website for months, and I'm sure many know about it, but in the interest of helping out those who are not in the know I wanted to pass along this wonderful resource for seeing how traffic works at some major European hubs. It's called Capser, and it has live and historical flight tracking. I find it useful to see how aircraft are routed for departures and arrivals, and find it fascinating to see how the real world traffic uses or DOESN'T use SIDS/STARS. With this website, more often than not, I see plenty of flights following radar vectors, and with this app I'm able to try to mimic these vectors in flight sim, rather than following a canned STAR approach, which can seem boring or costly in terms of fuel or time, especially during off peak hours. I always fly using real world times and routes, along with Active Sky Evolution providing the historical weather of that date, and thanks to Casper I can find out which runway to use, another nice thing to know. Until I found this site, if I wanted to perform radar vectors I had to guess, but now you have proof of how the RW pilots operate at hubs like Heathrow, Charles DeGaulle, and other high traffic European fields. IMHO, it has the best technology for live flight tracking, and I can only wish that they extend their coverage to the United States. Enjoy! http://casperflights.com/

that is very intersting thank you Sir

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

A little update, much to my dismay I just found out that while most of the functionality is free, they have started charging for some features that I really dearly loved in the past, features that made the most sense to me since I used the replay function to see past flight patterns to match with my simulated flights, which are always based on past flights. Now, there is a 2 hour limit to the replay feature, and other neat things like tracks and the ability to speed up replay by more than 10x you now have to pay for. This is a major bummer, as that basically means I can't really use the site to "spot" my real world brethren whose flights I'm simulating. When I opened this topic, I had not really used this site in a few months, so that is why it's a surprise to me. But nonetheless, the free portion is still very valuable as you can still use to discern RL traffic patterns. I don't fault them for charging money as they appear to have a nice business model and there is some real value, but I don't use the site often enough to justify the expense. Figures, as I knew this seemed too good to be true...

Have a look at flightradar LIVE!FREE!more planes^^

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it now appears that you cant do anything or see anything without coughing up so I wont be using it as there are many free sites that do the same
Because they became aware of the large influx of people your post here causedTounge.gif

Cristi Neagu

Is there a site to get runways in use?Thanks

Fabio Poles - LIPZ
i7 7820X@4.9 NB@3.4 delid, NZXT Kraken62, Asus Prime X299-A, Gainward GTX1080 GLH, 32G GSkill 3600C15, 7Pro64-XP11 on Samsung950Pro

Because they became aware of the large influx of people your post here causedTounge.gif
well it wont do them any good because their site is very bad and gives no pictures or really any idea of what you are paying your money for so as good as it may be only a fool would give a site money without knowing what they are paying for.

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

I'm pretty partial to flightaware.com. Registration is free. Does it have everything you're looking for?

Chris Hicks

I'm pretty partial to flightaware.com. Registration is free. Does it have everything you're looking for?
Not Live. 5 minute delay...

Steve Giblin

Is there a site to get runways in use?Thanks
Not quite the answer you wanted, but many airports have a phone number you can dial to hear the latest atis.Flightaware lists these numbers for many airports in the us, I dunno about europe.

Have a look at flightradar LIVE!FREE!more planes^^
Interesting. They say they have no public API yet. If they do, some enterprising individual should make a hook that injects traffic based on that API into FSX. Easy real-time FSX traffic!