Sign in to follow this  
rocketfs

Service Pack better be good

I would like to come to PMDGs defence her. I too have had problems with the NGX - in my case the disappearence of the HGS display. It turned out to be a DLL.XML file corrupted by another add-on produced by a third party developer who didn't understand the way in which control characters are interpreted by Notepad.. - I posted the file to to PMDG and they fixed it for me within 24 hours - even though it wasn't caused by their product . Now that is one helluva customer service proposition ! -and as rare as hens teeth in the current market. Further investigation by me of of random CTDs revealed a corrupt Simconnect installation - nohting to do with the NGX at all. The CTDs just happened to to occur when I was flyng the NGX. Unfortunately there is no way to fix thisother than a complete re-installation ( I have tried the Flight one simconnect fix msi and manually editing the entries in the Windows directory prior to running repair but neither option woirked for me.). I am going to take the opportunity now of upgrading my PC with a new sandybridge processor which I will overclock before I re-install everything again from scratch. I have around 12GB of add ons running on a highly tuned system so re-installation and optimisation is no easy task. For 90% of the time my system it runs brilliantly with a rock solid overclock, but I generally have to re-intsll FSX once a year as I find that for some reason it tends to degrade to point at wihich I get some form of irresolvable corruption and CTDs. I don't know why, it just seems to be one of those things. I don't think CTDs reported here can in all cases be blamed on NGX - it might just be the straw that breaks the camels back on a system that is already collapsing. . I think the problems we all face with FSX come down to the limits of 32 bit processing coupled with poorly written FSX engine that was never optimised or corrected by MS (the bizzarre FSX weather programme is case in point). The Aces team were sacked before they could get SP3 out which would have addressed a lot of these issues . So we all have to live with its failing., including PMDG whom I think have done a helluva job working around most of them.
+1Could not have said it better myself Andy.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've been flying nothing but PMDG products for five years now. The 737NGX is an amazing piece of work. If people take a little time to do their research and read the documentation as well as tweak FSX itself, they could really appreciate the effort that went into this simulator. Keep up the good work PMDG. Except for some minor bugs it was a great release. I can't wait for the 777-200ER.

i think bert did not realize what he was in for with this one

I don't think CTDs reported here can in all cases be blamed on NGX - it might just be the straw that breaks the camels back on a system that is already collapsing. . I think the problems we all face with FSX come down to the limits of 32 bit processing coupled with poorly written FSX engine that was never optimised or corrected by MS (the bizzarre FSX weather programme is case in point). The Aces team were sacked before they could get SP3 out which would have addressed a lot of these issues . So we all have to live with its failing., including PMDG whom I think have done a helluva job working around most of them.
I would love to know what those aces know. If any of them are simmers, i'll bet they know a few tweeks.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The Aces team were sacked before they could get SP3 out which would have addressed a lot of these issues .
SACKED ?? FSX SP3 ?? Where on earth did you get this from ?? {sigh} You start out with a very reasonable, and well argued post, and then loose all credability with your last ficticious statement.

SACKED ?? FSX SP3 ?? Where on earth did you get this from ?? {sigh} You start out with a very reasonable, and well argued post, and then loose all credability with your last ficticious statement.
LOL,I think the right answer is bureaucracy and the recession

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I don't know, since HF3 and some tweaks to FSX (removing aircraft shadows on ground and shadows on plane) I have had ONE crash. I am flying non-stop and pushing the FMC. Oh, I have pushed all sliders to Max on left side. I am at almost max on Auto gen and Complexity. I thinks its your hardware guys..........

i only get CTD in LOWI,ESSA,EDDM with the G3D.DLL , NOT the ENB error OOM is easy to get in EGLL,EHAM,EGCC,Liverpool etc. and with 2048-4096 REX Quality comes at a price otherwise we would all be flying Ifly with no problems of the above at ALL. /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I don't understand why so many people have crashes? I have locked over 70 hours fly with the NGX, I don't had any problems all the time.Are you sure that you have uiautomationcore.dll placed in your fsx map? And that you don't have installed FSX on your C drive?

I don't understand why so many people have crashes? I have locked over 70 hours fly with the NGX, I don't had any problems all the time.
Four Top reasons it could happen. 1) Not enough Resources 2) Configuration is not properly setup and running under optimal conditions. 3) They are trying to Max out their sliders and you can't do this like the older planes. 4) They wasted $550.00 on a 3 gigabyte card only to find out they will now have to downgrade (More is not always better, especially in case of 32-bit programs). Everyone has different hardware. Just because your lucky like I am not to have any issues does not mean it will not happen to others. It could just as easily be you that is having a problem. (Don't look a gift horse in the mouth) I still think FSX is much more stable on Windows Vista than Windows 7. But everyone has their own opinion. I however am not gonna upgrade to Windows 7. What is the point? You don't fix what aint broke.

i think bert did not realize what he was in for with this one
euh,... no, not really....I feel like a bstrd now.... Bert Van Bulck. P.S. strange what happens to the word "bstrd" when you type it fully, on this forum

Bert you never answered Ryans Questions on your Hardware Configuration and when the CTDs were occuring? It would probably help them to solve your issues if you answered their questions when they ask?

I don't know ... this whole topic... Knowing that there is noting like this out in whole world (developed for FSX) I was ready to pay up to 200 GBP for the PMDG 737.When price tag was announced I could not believe it and bought it without a blink. I had a few problems with stability initially (mainly my own fault) but did not post a single topic because of that - I waited tillhotfixes (I knew they will be coming) will be announced. They helped fixing issues I had. Only thing I hesitated before purchasing the Chief Captain's pack of manuals was postage fee to UKwhich I thought was not very reasonable. Nevertheless I bought it, an in few days I had it deliveredand couldn't be more pleased with it. PDF's coming with simulated model are ok for a quick reference,but printed they are a valuable, superb and unique reference available to you anywhere and anytime.Much better than reading PDF's on bright backlit screen. Overall - again and again - SUPERB WORK, PMDG!!!

PMDG announced a service pack to be ready by the 23th of september (I know, they didn't say which year).Since I have 80% of all my flights quickly ended in a CTD, that SP should fix it or I will ask my money back.It's wonerfully made but also the most unstable program I've ever used. Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal. Bert Van Bulck, a quite unhappy customer.
A lot of people it works fine so i wouldn't say its unstable. Nobody or no one thing is perfect. relax