Sign in to follow this  
rocketfs

Service Pack better be good

I noted in another thread tha I am still running the original release with no hotfix installed, and all is well. My system in it's current state does not play well with the J41 and has not since release. But the NGX has only let me down 4 times in 112 hours of flight time. All of which happened during dawn/dusk hours or over/around KSEA.I have done several flights from aerosoft's PANC to flightbeams KSFO trouble free.

wingsoffire the Sandybridge is awesome, I would recommend you get everything running stable before you attempt an over clock could be asking for trouble to overclock before installing FSX, good luck

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

wingsoffire the Sandybridge is awesome, I would recommend you get everything running stable before you attempt an over clock could be asking for trouble to overclock before installing FSX, good luck
It's always good practice to install something as moody as fsx & addons with the CPU at stock settings, especially when it's new & not yet proven itself.

very much agree with that system may run with an over clock but does not mean its going to be stable for an animal like FSX and the NGX

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Interesting -- I wonder what DEUS EX installed on your computer that "helped" the 737NGX to run better. Both are meant to make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed, so it's probably not Direct XMaybe a particular version of a C++ Runtime Library.- I know I had to manually uninstall, and then re-install some C++ runtime libraries, to get the 737NG to run in a stable manner on my system.
I had installed all the C+++ Libraries from the beginning from 2005 to 2010 as well as Direct X. Windows 7 has direct X already. I had no problems with Vista and all ran well.New hard drive with fresh install of FSX and Ngx would CTD.All other PMDG products ran perefectly on the new system except NGX. No matter where I installed it ,it did not make a difference. I fiddled with DLL'S as directed etc , renamed files etc etc to no avail.I installed STEAM and went straight to NGX after I had activated the shooter and it worked straight away.Ryan gave some explanation on the ticket system but i can not reopen the ticket and cant remember his explanation.For those with WINDOWS 7 64bit having CTD'S all I can say is try STEAM and activate some game on it. It MIGHT work, I dont really know.Good Luck

I had one CDT since I got the plane on the day of release (who can forget THAT day, with the DDOS attack).A few pointers.1) Ensure you are loading the trike or cessna as a default flight2) If you are gettng CTD's after that. check the event logs under application.The offending dll should be listed as the cause of the crash.mostly these seem to be the vs2005 or vs2008 dependencies that are installed as a sxs (side-by-side) installation.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

SACKED ?? FSX SP3 ?? Where on earth did you get this from ?? {sigh} You start out with a very reasonable, and well argued post, and then loose all credability with your last ficticious statement.
HelloLaid off , made redundant , sacked, the end result for the employee is the same no matter how you dress it up.One day you have a job, the next you are out of work.Been there, done that.Or are you suggesting the all resigned en mass.

Bert, How do the CTDs you're seeing happen? If they're completely random and happen out of nowhere they're almost surely the result of resource starvation in FSX (contiguous virtual address space) and not something we can really "fix". What are your system specs and what scenery addons are you running at the time when this happens? The basic background is that FSX is a 32-bit application and there's absolutely no way around the hard 4GB VAS limit. If it tries to allocate more than that or if it tries to allocate a large contiguous chunk and can't find unfragmented space for it, the sim is gonna CTD every time. It's the "physics" so to say of how applications work in Windows and DX9. Your video memory amount counts against the 4GB limit too because in order for FSX to address it, it has to be copied/shadowed into the application's VAS. We've had cases at support where people install 3GB video cards and the sim won't even run because it's sitting there with 1GB or less of addressable space after the video memory, which isn't enough to even load the sim and plane. If your crashes are a repeatable thing that's caused by doing something in the FMC or if it's the type of thing where the panel freezes but the sim keeps running, then it'll likely be solved in SP1.
Now this is info I can do something with!I disabled the Eyefinity display group (never liked it anyway; lost its settings every couple of days), connected the old Matrox and my CTD's are gone.Perfectly stable now. One very happy customer more in this world. Thanks Ryan!!! Bert Van Bulck

SACKED ?? FSX SP3 ?? Where on earth did you get this from ?? {sigh} You start out with a very reasonable, and well argued post, and then loose all credability with your last ficticious statement.
Sacked, let go, re-organised, re-positioned, optimised, downsized, given opportunities for personal growth - it amounts to the same thing - they had jobs until M$ decided to pull the plug. Some of them were re-hired to work on Flight it but seems that that is also now in question if some of the more recent 'leaks' are to be believed.. As for SP3 - it was on the cards until M$ remoived the deck. Why is that 'ficticious' ? Do you believe that M$ lied and is hiding Aces developers in a secret bunker until their plans for world domination are completed?wink.png

Do you believe that M$ lied and is hiding Aces developers in a secret bunker until their plans for world domination are completed?wink.png
No, MS got rid of Aces because someone in management opened his or her eyes and discovered that the code they were writing is a load of garbage.

It's always good practice to install something as moody as fsx & addons with the CPU at stock settings, especially when it's new & not yet proven itself.
I only overclock when the system is stable at stock settings. I check overclock stability by running Prime overnight once I have stable temperatures. My current overclock on an i7920 at 3.8ghz is rock solid. Thats the limit of this particular processor (they vary) I have tried it up to 4ghz on water but it was unstable so I backed down. I am hoping the sandybridge will go higher as they run cooler and the 2500k I am getting should be easier to overclock as the multiplier is unlocked (I know that base clock adjustments are limited on the LGA1155 socket). My Corsair water cooling loop should help but I think it will be overkill for the 2500 as I will probably reach the limit of the overclock before the cooler breaks a sweat.

I only overclock when the system is stable at stock settings. I check overclock stability by running Prime overnight once I have stable temperatures. My current overclock on an i7920 at 3.8ghz is rock solid. Thats the limit of this particular processor (they vary) I have tried it up to 4ghz on water but it was unstable so I backed down. I am hoping the sandybridge will go higher as they run cooler and the 2500k I am getting should be easier to overclock as the multiplier is unlocked (I know that base clock adjustments are limited on the LGA1155 socket). My Corsair water cooling loop should help but I think it will be overkill for the 2500 as I will probably reach the limit of the overclock before the cooler breaks a sweat.
Performance varies. You can expect at least 4.3GHz, but only about half of them cam go past 4.4 & roughly 10% can reach 4.8+ according to Juan Guerrero with ASUS.http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110Of the 3 that I've played with, a 2500k & 2 2600k's, 2600k #1 would only post at 4.3ghz, and the 2500k was stable at 4.6. I haven't oc'ed 2600k #2 yet.

My 737ngx is doing pretty well now, except occasional freezing and a few FSX breakdowns, but this happens only when flying online (VATSIM, not tested yet on IVAO ), although my hardware meets PMDG best performance system requirements. Should I update anyhow ? I assume I won't run into any trouble doing so. Rene RitterWorried.gifTalk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

Performance varies. You can expect at least 4.3GHz, but only about half of them cam go past 4.4 & roughly 10% can reach 4.8+ according to Juan Guerrero with ASUS.http://hardforum.com...d.php?t=1578110 Of the 3 that I've played with, a 2500k & 2 2600k's, 2600k #1 would only post at 4.3ghz, and the 2500k was stable at 4.6. I haven't oc'ed 2600k #2 yet.
Sounds good - most sources I have researched indica\te that 4.5 ought to be realistic with after market cooling - I hope I get a good chip !