Sign in to follow this  
Ton8t

Why?

I am asking why so many of you think this forum has become a place to snap of snide and/or churlish remarks aimed at other people. That is completely unhelpful and has no place in this forum. If your only response to somebody's problem is "RTFM", then you are a part of the problem. This forum used to be a friendly place where people wanted to post questions about help because they got friendly and helpful answers. Also, you people who need help, your questions have often been phrased as attacks on PMDG rather than honest questions looking for support. If you need help then explain your problem well, include helpful information and hopefully you will get your problem settled without harrassing and unnecessary responses from someone who feels the need to express a superiority issue over others. I don't know how many of you have noticed this, but it seems like all or most of the real-world pilots have stopped responding or posting in this forum and I feel that it is do to the childish and churlish behavior of some churls who have unfortunately become regulars in this forum. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Im trying to be respectful as possible but i think the reason why some people say RTFM is because it has been either answered before or it it is stated in the intro manual. But i agree sometimes people can be just aggressive.

I am asking why so many of you think this forum has become a place to snap of snide and/or churlish remarks aimed at other people. That is completely unhelpful and has no place in this forum. If your only response to somebody's problem is "RTFM", then you are a part of the problem. This forum used to be a friendly place where people wanted to post questions about help because they got friendly and helpful answers. Also, you people who need help, your questions have often been phrased as attacks on PMDG rather than honest questions looking for support. If you need help then explain your problem well, include helpful information and hopefully you will get your problem settled without harrassing and unnecessary responses from someone who feels the need to express a superiority issue over others. I don't know how many of you have noticed this, but it seems like all or most of the real-world pilots have stopped responding or posting in this forum and I feel that it is do to the childish and churlish behavior of some churls who have unfortunately become regulars in this forum. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
+1

I agree as well. I posted in an earlier topic about the same thing and I said that I am willing to bet almost everyone in this forum has sat in his/her desk in school, with the textbook right in front of them and then raised their hand to ask a question that could have been answered by doing their homework. I am pretty sure that this is the reason for these forums, along with technical support from developers. Lets just bring this forum back to what I used to love about flightsim.... the friendly and helpful community. I am going to do my part, so here is my promise. If anyone has any questions about operations or flying the aircraft and are afraid of a RTFM reply, PM me and I will be glad to help you and if I don't have the answer, I will look it up right away and let you know and we'll both learn something. So please, feel free. Sarah Guiney Shoud clarify that I will help with operating and/or flying the aircraft including systems/FMC operation, and not with technical support as I will leave that to the talented team at PMDG.

Gents- Every now and then a discussion will float to the surface here where we all start to discuss the end of civilization because of the rapid decline in forum behavior.... After a decade of managing this forum- I gotta say: It isn't as bad as it has been... In fact on most days it is quite a bit better than it used to be. Lets just put one theory right in the open: 95%+ of the folks who read this forum do not participate. Of the 5% folks who participate- I think we are probably looking at less than 1/5th of them (1% of the whole) who are churlish, rude, demanding, antagonistic or just plain ________s. (insert your favorite derisive adjective there...) This forum is busier than it has ever been... Given this level of activity- there are quantitatively a greater number of folks who fit into the "Proud 1%" so it gives the impression that behavior is worse... (When we had 100 folks using the forum, the Proud 1% was one guy. Now we have somethink like 10,000 users in the forum so that means he has 99 buddies here stirring the pot with him...) To the contrary- I like to focus on the greater number of folks who are 4/5 of that participating 5% of readers... You guys are helping each other, learning new processes, and repeating answers that we provide more times than we can possibly provide them..... We are glad you all are here- and we encourage you to help us overthrow the Proud 1%. Occasionally I have to come down pretty hard on someone here... It isn't something I enjoy- but occasionally it must be done- just as I occasionally have to scold my daughter in spite of the fact that it breaks my heart to do so. Some folks need to have limits placed upon them and that is what the moderators are for... So... Help us to help one another- and lets see if we can keep the Proud 1% to a low murmur.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents- Every now and then a discussion will float to the surface here where we all start to discuss the end of civilization because of the rapid decline in forum behavior.... After a decade of managing this forum- I gotta say: It isn't as bad as it has been... In fact on most days it is quite a bit better than it used to be. Lets just put one theory right in the open: 95%+ of the folks who read this forum do not participate. Of the 5% folks who participate- I think we are probably looking at less than 1/5th of them (1% of the whole) who are churlish, rude, demanding, antagonistic or just plain ________s. (insert your favorite derisive adjective there...) This forum is busier than it has ever been... Given this level of activity- there are quantitatively a greater number of folks who fit into the "Proud 1%" so it gives the impression that behavior is worse... (When we had 100 folks using the forum, the Proud 1% was one guy. Now we have somethink like 10,000 users in the forum so that means he has 99 buddies here stirring the pot with him...) To the contrary- I like to focus on the greater number of folks who are 4/5 of that participating 5% of readers... You guys are helping each other, learning new processes, and repeating answers that we provide more times than we can possibly provide them..... We are glad you all are here- and we encourage you to help us overthrow the Proud 1%. Occasionally I have to come down pretty hard on someone here... It isn't something I enjoy- but occasionally it must be done- just as I occasionally have to scold my daughter in spite of the fact that it breaks my heart to do so. Some folks need to have limits placed upon them and that is what the moderators are for... So... Help us to help one another- and lets see if we can keep the Proud 1% to a low murmur.
I'm pretty good at that "repeating what I heard Ryan say in some other topic" bit!And don't be afraid to smack the kid when she gets sassy!!

Believe me, this forum (and AVSIM as a whole, really) is a thousand times more civilized than so many other forums I visit. Especially compared to other forums related to games. While there's always room for improvement and moderators will always be needed, I for one am pretty happy with what we've got here.

Believe me, this forum (and AVSIM as a whole, really) is a thousand times more civilized than so many other forums I visit. Especially compared to other forums related to games. While there's always room for improvement and moderators will always be needed, I for one am pretty happy with what we've got here.
A step further .. game forums are tame compared to the FOX, CNN, etc forums. These forums sometimes scare me. Game forums have never been scary.

I really suck at math. Can you do a flow chart? I heard Ryan say you would. I tend to be crabby when I have a problem and I do enjoy antagonizing the overly emotional people by keeping them at bay until their argument collapses under the weight of it's own illogic, and I do apologize for that.

Chris Hicks

+1 RSR

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K