Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Wow - I was so wrong...

Word Not Allowed, one small difference that could also impact performance is your global texture resolution. Very High in FSX equates to 1024x1024Max in Prepar3D is 4096x4096 which is 16x the texture size
Thanks everyone, I'll keep looking. Right now waiting for the updates of some very important entry addons for me, so that I can normally fly - first prerequisites - FSUIPC, FSForce, EZCA - without these addons I don't even think of loading the sim, except for testing purposes. After that, we'll just see... Thanks wbard, but I think I said more than once, maybe not on this thread: I use 4096 in both sims, FSX being set through fsx.cfg. And even if I had it different, it has no impact whatsoever on default scenery. Same FPS down to the number.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep looking. Right now waiting for the updates of some very important entry addons for me, so that I can normally fly - first prerequisites - FSUIPC, FSForce, EZCA - without these addons I don't even think of loading the sim, except for testing purposes. After that, we'll just see...
Well, if no-one talks to these folks (apart from Pete Dowson - he is already supporting Prepar3D), it won't happen..... We try to do our best to reach out to as many developers as possible, but our team resources can only stretch so far. So if there are favourite apps that people need, then as a wise profit once said "Git 'er done!" and reach out to them as well. :-)

I'm already in contact with the developer of FSForce, I wrote on the forum for EZCA, people are gathering... we're gonna get these people moving! Developer of Shade has also been contacted, he said he is gonna look into it too! I'm definitely doing it! But also need support from everyone else. I hardly doubt everyone is gonna make new installers for me.

I'm definitely doing it! But also need support from everyone else. I hardly doubt everyone is gonna make new installers for me.
Doing my bit wherever I can.

Konrad

Well, if no-one talks to these folks (apart from Pete Dowson - he is already supporting Prepar3D), it won't happen..... We try to do our best to reach out to as many developers as possible, but our team resources can only stretch so far. So if there are favourite apps that people need, then as a wise profit once said "Git 'er done!" and reach out to them as well. :-)
Hi John, We are the right people to get it done. Lots of underground messages going out and coming in back doors of developers all over the flight simulation planet, so to speak. You already have many of the right people on board here to make wierd and wonderful things happen! Idea.gif It will take a bit of time, but you will see a landslide when it becomes plain that P3D is the best way forward. Kind regards,

Hi Guys, As someone that has been involved with the community for well over 15 years (including being a member of Avsim in another guise - mainly lurking, not posting much!), I know that this is part of the grass roots of the passion and a big reason why I want to engage with you all. We WANT to engage with the community and be as open as we can because the team is just as passionate about the product as you are. Having a strong and vibrant development and user community is important to push the boundaries of the product and make it even better. If we are collaborative, we can concentrate on building the core product and let others worry about the majority of the cool widgets. (We will still make cool widgets though!) Thank you for reaching out to the developers that we haven't been able to engage with yet. The great thing is that there are so many! The bad thing for my calendar and meeting planning is that there are so many! For those that are out there, feel free to send me a note at the Prepar3D website, or post your questions as well if there is anything we can do to assist. Thanks again! Regards,John NicolPrepar3D P.S. Word Not Allowed, I will make a special installer just for you..... just bring a few thousand friends!

Hi, You can count me in, I'm going to sign up right now.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

P.S. Word Not Allowed, I will make a special installer just for you..... just bring a few thousand friends!
LMAO.gif

Hi, Trying to purchase, but it keeps denying my credit card, I even called the card company and they said the problem is not on their end.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi, Trying to purchase, but it keeps denying my credit card, I even called the card company and they said the problem is not on their end.
Go with this directly to John Nicol, I don't know if he's only for the forums and support, but he's the main guy around.

Thanks, Kos; downloading the Demo from OrbX,as I write. You did a nice piece of work there, young feller. OrbX is right up front with this, and, having enjoyed all of their North American products in FSX - it's the only place I fly - I will be one of the first (along with you guys) to convert. I don't think this will be like the change from FS9 to FSX somehow.... It begs the question, though - what do we do with "MS Flight"?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks, Kos; downloading the Demo from OrbX,as I write. You did a nice piece of work there, young feller. OrbX is right up front with this, and, having enjoyed all of their North American products in FSX - it's the only place I fly - I will be one of the first (along with you guys) to convert. I don't think this will be like the change from FS9 to FSX somehow.... It begs the question, though - what do we do with "MS Flight"?
Kosta. Ty ;-) It's gonna a performance change, something we've been waiting for for a long time.

It begs the question, though - what do we do with "MS Flight"?
Buy it and enjoy it alongside P3D and get the best of both worlds. Use one as a GA sim and another for big iron. One doesn't exclude the other. I imagine I will be flying FSX and X-Plane 10 for years to come as well.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Trying to purchase, but it keeps denying my credit card, I even called the card company and they said the problem is not on their end.
Did you answer "Yes" to the question "Are you intending to use this product for entertainment purposes?" LOL.gif

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It begs the question, though - what do we do with "MS Flight"?
wait until it's born and put it in a floating baby carriage and send it downstream to the next village...