Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Anyone Using Saitek Multi-Panel on NGX?

I mentioned this once before, but it's buried under 10tons of postsWhew.gif I'm using the multiPanel (with SPAD drivers) with the NGX, but only for Flaps, Auto Throttle switch and trim wheel. Whatever setting method I use (even setting SPAD driver to 'no action'), when selecting the first decrement of flaps after takeoff, the switch ALSO disconnects the auto throttle! However, it only does this ONCE! On reselecting auto throttle, the next movement of the flap switch has no effect. I'm really confusedShocked.gif Can anyone throw any light on that? Cheers

I doubt we see any real progress on these add-ons until after the SDK is released. I have the multi-panel as well as some GoFlight add-ons... I am eager to get them working too.

There is some possibility with the multi panel using the PMDG NGX keyboard command setup. The 747X was very good to set up cause you defined the switches. Should be the same when you set up the FD, Auto Throttle by using Keyboard commands in the SPAD configuration. Example how the PMDG747X was configured is in this link; http://fstools.weebly.com/forum.html#nabble-td714063 I just completed rebuilding my FSX Computer with FS9 on a different drive and will be do all my configurations over the next week this being one of them. My Comm panel works pretty much without tweaking with 737 and the switch panel has some functionality without tweaking. But for true switch command relationship we may have to wait for PMDG to allow SDK... Other wise another option is assign a button command to a FSUIPC CFG setting. DonGigabyte X58A-UD3R, i7-950, 12gigs, 2 Galaxy GTS-250 1gig, 1 TB

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

Has anyone had any luck using this? Or should I simply use it as a rather expensive paper-weight!Maybe its time to look an alternative, anyone using the VRinsight panel?

Russ Bailey

EGJB

I tried different solutions from the macro FSUIPC to the keyboard shortcut but there is no communication between MCP and FSUIPC so it's no go.All past aircraft works graet with macro, you don't have syncro digits but it's dosen't matter.

I was able to get 'button push' functionality out of most of the Multi-Panel with the SPAD utility, but I never got any LED readouts. I too had the trim, flaps, and CMD Master functionality. Since all of these switches/knobs/buttons are readily available on the front panel MCP in the NGX, I now prefer to just reach up and manually initiate.

I was able to get 'button push' functionality out of most of the Multi-Panel with the SPAD utility, but I never got any LED readouts. I too had the trim, flaps, and CMD Master functionality. Since all of these switches/knobs/buttons are readily available on the front panel MCP in the NGX, I now prefer to just reach up and manually initiate.
Sorry How did you do it with SPAD?

I know it's slightly off-topic, but my radio panel is working flawlessly even with the stock Saitek drivers. Also I have my AV8R-01 joystick connected through the Saitek profiler software (which simulates key presses) and it works flawlessly too. Not sure if you can use that software with the multi panel, try it.

HiAnyone knows how to configure the pmdg 737 sdk with the saitek multipanel with the simconnect to use the rotary knobs and switchesthanks

I use the Saitek Multi Panel with my NGX for Grear only .. it works well using SPAD (I use generic G for the gear) & im happy with using it for just the gear, I have manager to get a couple of the other switches working with a mixture of SPAD & FSUPIC (full ver). I decided to go down the route of my own switches connected to a dedicaded USB controller (http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Panel/Switch_Box/index.htm or http://www.leobodnar.com/) all setup through LINDA (fab bit of software) I have items from both but for me Leo's is a better bet, more functions and hes in the UK so no over-the-top postage or import duty, quick postage to - 3days!Mmmm that shoud be GEAR! thats what I get for eating my lunch at the same time! :(

The question was for the multi panel not for gear... I think that we have to attend "saitek production company" release new drivers for multi panel wich works with sdk pmdg 737 ngx. I hope as soon as possible!!!

The question was for the multi panel not for gear... I think that we have to attend "saitek production company" release new drivers for multi panel wich works with sdk pmdg 737 ngx. I hope as soon as possible!!!
It's not going to happen, maybe you can wait Maxx to compile the plugin, that work with Spad.