Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

JustFlight's or Horizon's England scenery?

The thing is from what I read they still supply the best photoscenery for the UK. Reading this thread doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but if it's still the best, then I will purchase from them.

Don't be put off, TurboTomato. The Horizon photoscenery is excellent, and well worth a purchase. It's just that they seem to be taking forever with VFR Scotland, and they don't keep us informed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I agree. The best hands down. And I've never needed customer support myself, so please don't be put off, or you'll be missing out on amazing scenery that transforms FSX.

Keith Sandford.

Are you folks frequent Horizon forum readers? I like their stuff very much, but I wonder why the later Ireland releases had no night textures included. Their UK series had them and it was nice to look at. One of the few photo releases which was perfectly usable at night.

England and wales never had originally. It was implemented sometime after. I personally do not see the point flying this scenery in the dark. Although at twilight and sunrise night lighting is a must. In my opinion and many others, Ireland was rushed through and at the same time put Scotland on the back burner. Which infuriated me. I had already splashed out on the western isles and Orkney too like many others. Can't vent my anger over at their forums though or you just get banned just like one of the beta testers did

Keith Sandford.

I suspect that they released VFR Ireland very quickly to try and earn some cash to fund further development of VFR Scotland.I personally do not use the night lighting in the England and Wales scenery, even though I start most of my flights at sunrise. The night lighting isn't very convincing, and the scenery can easily be seen only 30 minutes after the start of twilight (whilst the Sun is just below the horizon).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

HELLO.i have vol 1 VFR photographic scenery generation X southern england and south wales, when i got it years ago it said night lighting will follow as an update i still do not have it anybody know where i can download the night lighting that goes with it?many thanks as alwaysjames.

Well I got volumes 1, 2 & 3 and I must say I'm pretty impressed. However I did splash out and get ESI Treescapes 1, 2 & 3 and I think that makes a massive difference. Scotland next...

Edited by TurboTomato

Except that the Just Flight VFR scenery actually has got custom night lighting.Al
It has.I am sold on Horizon's scenery though!!Daniel

I decided to buy Just Flight's offer. First reason was the price, second reason was that I actually prefer the slightly washed out colors more. JF's offer works perfectly with all UK airports and airfields, and it works with Treescape as well. For me, Treescape is the REAL "wow"-effect - it makes the photoscenery so much more believable.Over all, flying over Britain is so much more interesting now...

JF didn't break the GPS terrain map either. So if the colour cast is tolerable, enjoy.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I decided to buy Just Flight's offer. First reason was the price, second reason was that I actually prefer the slightly washed out colors more. JF's offer works perfectly with all UK airports and airfields, and it works with Treescape as well. For me, Treescape is the REAL "wow"-effect - it makes the photoscenery so much more believable.Over all, flying over Britain is so much more interesting now...
I am just sold sold sold!Yes Treescape is similar to what FTX did with their (all scenery actually) Australian scenery. You ARE there!!!Daniel