Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Assign POV with FSUIPC?

hi,With FSUIPC I deleted all FSX assignement except the POv switch: no problem. Simple .rolleyes.gif
Sorry I don't understand. Are you saying you only use FSX to control your POV hat? If so how did you manage to do that while keeping the FSUIPC settings for your yoke etc? Thanks Adam

Guest jahman
Sorry I don't understand. Are you saying you only use FSX to control your POV hat? If so how did you manage to do that while keeping the FSUIPC settings for your yoke etc? Thanks Adam
Yes! And it`s easy: Assign your POV hat to Pan Ciew axis in FSX, and... don't assign it in FSUIPC!All the yokes axis, switches and buttons can be assigned individually in FSX or FSUIPC. This unfortunately means you can also assign the same hardware twice for confusing results, so I assign everything in FSUIPC, except for the POV hat in FSX.) Isn't FSUIPC simply the best? :( Cheers, - jahman.

Ah! I thought switching off the controller in FSX meant you have to assign EVERYTHING through FSUIPC. I'll try your solution tonight once I've cleared the POV assignments/buttons in FSUIPC. Thanks for your help:) Adam

hi, Jahman was quicker than me!It is not the controller that you switch off, it is the axis, or the switch. You can mix FSX assignments and FSUIPC assignments on condition that assignments are made only via one channel. It is either FSX or FSUIPC. Be aware that it is easy to make mistakes. Double check your assignments.

This is how my Buttons section looks in the ini file. The bold entry is the one I inserted on advice on this thread. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks Adam [buttons]ButtonRepeat=40,01=R2,3,C65615,0....
Adam, is that the ONLY [buttons] section in your FSUIPC.INI file? Also, I've had problems in the past if the button number entries were not sequential. i.e. you jump from 12 to 21 in your posted list.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

It is not the controller that you switch off, it is the axis, or the switch. You can mix FSX assignments and FSUIPC assignments on condition that assignments are made only via one channel. It is either FSX or FSUIPC. Be aware that it is easy to make mistakes. Double check your assignments.
It's still not working:( In the instructions it says to TURN OFF the controller in FSX and assign everything via FSUIPC. Therefore the pan hat does not work UNLESS you configure it via FSUIPC which is when it stutters/goes slow. Do I SWITCH ON the controller again in FSX and then configure the aileron/elevator/rudder via FSUIPC and leave the others to FSX?
Adam, is that the ONLY [buttons] section in your FSUIPC.INI file? Also, I've had problems in the past if the button number entries were not sequential. i.e. you jump from 12 to 21 in your posted list.
Yes only that section in the ini file. Thanks again guys for all your help it's much appreciated. Configuring the aileron/elevator/rudder via FSUIPC makes control alot smoother. I just wish I could get the POV panning properly! Adam

Guest jahman
I just wish I could get the POV panning properly!
As I said, Just assign it in FSX and you're done! Big Grin.gifThen once you got it working you can start tinkering again with POV via FSUIPC, knowing if you don't get it working just so you have a quick fallback that works. Cheers, - jahman.

As I said, Just assign it in FSX and you're done! Big%20Grin.gifThen once you got it working you can start tinkering again with POV via FSUIPC, knowing if you don't get it working just so you have a quick fallback that works. Cheers, - jahman.
Thanks all for your help finally managed to get it working properly. Woot!im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Guest jahman

Good to hear! Fair skies and tailwinds! Cheers, - jahman.

You need to add:ButtonRepeat=XX,X to your [buttons] sections in your FSUIPC.ini file. This parameter controls the repeat target rate of the held button and the initial delay. I personally use ButtonRepeat=20,0 in my .ini file. Full description of parameter is on page 13 of the FSUIPC for Advanced Users document included with FSUIPC.

Actually the polling rate is more effective than the button repeat interval which is related only to the repeat option for assigned buttons. Look up PollInterval in the Advanced User's guide. About page 17 I think. And the POV/Hat should be assigned to Pan View in the Axis assignments tab.

Questions like these would get answered quicker, and hopefully more accurately, in the FSUIPC Support Forum.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Actually the polling rate is more effective than the button repeat interval which is related only to the repeat option for assigned buttons. Look up PollInterval in the Advanced User's guide. About page 17 I think. And the POV/Hat should be assigned to Pan View in the Axis assignments tab.

Questions like these would get answered quicker, and hopefully more accurately, in the FSUIPC Support Forum.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Dowson,

Good evening, sir. First, thank you for your continued efforts with FSUIPC and your phenomenal work in support of the flight simulation community!

I'm not sure how this thread was necro'd, but in response to your comments... I've learned alot since that original post (2 years ago), and have have significantly modified my FSUIPC.ini file after reading your Advanced User's Guide.  Also the incredible capability you've built into FSUIPC/WideFS has become a requirement for a successful FSX install/setup.

Again, thank you for all your work!

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

I met with very limited success adjusting the PollInterval.

I ended up developing my own module to handle the POV hat which does interpolated smoothing based on frame rate; still routing everything else through FSUIPC, however.