Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

October FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

Were looking at performance issues for a lot of people...
You have Flight if you know that, I guess...

Brandon Filer

You have Flight if you know that, I guess...
LOL I love how people come in here and act like devs from MS.

About Screen #2........Gone are the cartoon- like roads!Finally! :(

LOL I love how people come in here and act like devs from MS.
Hey Benorg, I am trying to figure out what simulators you use, is there some way you could let me know? happy.png

looks like my FSX
So your FSX can generate tree shadows on aircraft, produce realistic fog, and use all sorts of new lighting techniques? Cool. LOL

Brandon Filer

So your FSX can generate tree shadows on aircraft, produce realistic fog, and use all sorts of new lighting techniques? Cool. LOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Hey Benorg, I am trying to figure out what simulators you use, is there some way you could let me know? happy.png
hahahahahahah I have NO IDEA what sim I use.... hmmmmm I wonder what it is

Lovely work, thanks a heap for your effortsCheers,

Great work Brandon. I can't help thinking, looking at those shots, that all those magnificent details are going to cost in terms of frame rates. I'm thinking I'm going to need a new machine to get decent performance.
As lon as this is not just a graphics overhaul and they somehow offload more to the GPU I think we'll be sitting in a better position to upgrade and increase performanceHow do you find and line up these shots Brandon? You are doing some mighty fine work.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. smile.png

How do you find and line up these shots Brandon? You are doing some mighty fine work.
It's tricky to do...and time consuming. I open the Flight screenshot in my image editor and leave it open. Then I create another image at the same resolution. In FSX, I get the basic location and take a screenshot. I paste that into the new blank image. I flip back and fourth between it and the Flight image and make adjustments in FSX as needed until the shot is lined up as close as I can get it without spending years on a single shot.laugh.png

Brandon Filer

Thanks for the kind words, guys. smile.pngIt's tricky to do...and time consuming. I open the Flight screenshot in my image editor and leave it open. Then I create another image at the same resolution. In FSX, I get the basic location and take a screenshot. I paste that into the new blank image. I flip back and fourth between it and the Flight image and make adjustments in FSX as needed until the shot is lined up as close as I can get it without spending years on a single shot.laugh.png
That does sound time consuming. My first thought is how do you match the scenes so well, even with the weather. I end up doing something a little similar when making a new livery. I have to switch back and forth from FSX to Photoshop to make small adjustments to align things up just right. Pumpkin.gif

Do you guys think screenshot 10 kinda looks better on FSX?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.