Sign in to follow this  
Brittfrog

User's tweaks causing CTDs with NGX... needs help resolving...

Pre SP1 CrashesCrash - KSEA with Orbxy PNW scenery about 100nm out (OOM error)Crash - KIAH with Blueprint KIAH scenery about 10nm out (OOM error)Crash - KLAX with FSDreamteam KLAX - 2nm out. Actually (OOM error but didn't CTD. All textures disappeared and 737NGX instruments wen't blank)Crash - KEWR with Aerosoft Manhattan, Imaginesim KLGA, FSDreamteam KJFK about 70nm out. (OOM Error)Fly the same routes with iFLY 737, QW 757, LDS 767...no problem. Crashes are always on approach or within the destination scenery area. Also running RC 4.1 and ASE.Will try KLAX to KEWR now that I've updated and see what happens. Just purchased the 737-6/7 anyway...
any chance you have orbox scenery installed if you have than check over their forum about ctd over ksea

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Might help to know what Windows is logging in the Event Viewer about the source module of the CTD

In reply of Word Not Allowed: no I cannot read my VAS.Any good links on how to do this?Thanks in advance.Bert Van Bulck

In reply of Word Not Allowed: no I cannot read my VAS.Any good links on how to do this?Thanks in advance.Bert Van Bulck
Finally someone who want's to do it the right way.Use a process explorer from sysinternals to show the VAS. Task Manager can't do it.In PE, edit the columns, and make it show the Virtual Size. That is VAS.If that number is shooting above 3.4GB, you got a problem (or rather: you might have a problem).I have my LOD set at 5.5 now, my FSX settings are not low, I have no AI since on VATSIM, 4096 textures, but 1024 clouds... and I loaded NGX at KSEA, flown towards the mountains for about 20min, and my VAS didn't go over 3.1. That is the highest usage I've noticed.Did a landing at LOWI, 2x now, and both went well. So my problem is fixed. And I know why.And I'll repeat the things from my own thread:These crashes at LOWI, Orbx, AS EDDF (the ones I discovered, there may be more, there probably are more), they are caused by something in the scenery, how scenery is made. I am not a scenery creator, I can't say why. I can only say it doesn't happen at some airports, like LOWW for instance. So, a flight from LOWI to LOWW won't crash - even if the VAS has grown above 3.5.Now, I see others reporting running 4.5, and still crashing. That is why I said post your fsx.cfg, but noone did. I can hardly believe that everything is by default, since when I run LOD 4.5, I can't shoot my VAS over 2.8, period. This is definively reason Nr.1 for having g3d.dll errors. And not all errors are g3d.dll, as Dario said, you must check in the Windows Event Viewer. OOM is also not g3d.dll error, OOM happens due to overloaded VAS (4GB+).