Sign in to follow this  
Brittfrog

User's tweaks causing CTDs with NGX... needs help resolving...

houston we got a problem!up till now i have not had many probs with the 737 ngx after realising there was a memory problem when using fsx i managed to trim things so all worked very well , i installed  the last horfix with no apparent changes and still all worked ok.tonight i installed sp1 , yes it is smoother yes it still works in fsx australia but i have now tried 5 approaches into ksea and never yet managed to get onto thr glideslope. i have tried a fully fmc managed flight, and a manual flight but i always get a ctd before getting established.what is infuriating is that ksea worked perfectly before sp1guys have you any ideas?

Nigel.Porter

did u uninstall the NGX, delete the leftover files in FSX and do a fresh install? or did u just install sp1 over your current ngx setup, i did a fresh install and so far i have had no trouble but it was time consumeing to get all my liveries and ezdok camera views setup again. Im sure its not your fault, SEA is like the bermuda triangle of fsx so stupid hopefully FLIGHT will get it right

did u uninstall the NGX, delete the leftover files in FSX and do a fresh install? or did u just install sp1 over your current ngx setup, i did a fresh install and so far i have had no trouble but it was time consumeing to get all my liveries and ezdok camera views setup again.Im sure its not your fault, SEA is like the bermuda triangle of fsx so stupid hopefully FLIGHT will get it right
This is exactly what I did, and everything works perfect.

no i didnt do a fresh installation having read about so many having activation problems so simply deleted the add on liveries and installed sp1, but now you come to mention it i seem to remember someone saying ksea was the worst area in fsim. strange though that i never had an issue with it before sp1

Nigel.Porter

no i didnt do a fresh installation having read about so many having activation problems so simply deleted the add on liveries and installed sp1, but now you come to mention it i seem to remember someone saying ksea was the worst area in fsim. strange though that i never had an issue with it before sp1
Well there you go. PMDG recommends that you uninstall the NGX, delete any NGX related files in the FSXPMDG folder as well as the FSXsimobjectsaircraft folder. Then install the original NGX release followed by SP1, and then your liveries.

I hear a lot of customers complaining about KSEA not working for them.... I guess the plane doesn't want to go home.
Or the opposite, it very much wants to go home, so it sees you flying into KSEA and not KBFI, and it gets very angry. Don't make the 737NG angry, not if you want to finish your flight that is.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Well there you go. PMDG recommends that you uninstall the NGX, delete any NGX related files in the FSXPMDG folder as well as the FSXsimobjectsaircraft folder. Then install the original NGX release followed by SP1, and then your liveries.
I will have to do as you say I read what pmdg said I was just trying to avoid grief starngely enough i can start a flight and fly touch and goes at ksea it happens only if I fly in to ksea from elsewhere

Nigel.Porter

Also make sure your not using any saved panel states from before SP1 they are not compatible and will cause unexpected results. Do yourself a favor and start over from scratch.

well I did as suggested and undeleted ngx via the windows uninstaller looked for anything else pmdg and deleted that as well, rebooted the pc reinstalled 737 with sp1 and i have now tried 8 flights in the US and Australia in all cases i never completed a flight. i have reduced the scenery bars and overclocked the cpu to no avail it is far worse than before sp1 so I am now about to undelete the whole mess again and bin Sp1 and just use the original prog with if i remember correctly hotfix 3 this is starting to be a bit of a joke.

Nigel.Porter

Pre SP1 CrashesCrash - KSEA with Orbxy PNW scenery about 100nm out (OOM error)Crash - KIAH with Blueprint KIAH scenery about 10nm out (OOM error)Crash - KLAX with FSDreamteam KLAX - 2nm out. Actually (OOM error but didn't CTD. All textures disappeared and 737NGX instruments wen't blank)Crash - KEWR with Aerosoft Manhattan, Imaginesim KLGA, FSDreamteam KJFK about 70nm out. (OOM Error)Fly the same routes with iFLY 737, QW 757, LDS 767...no problem. Crashes are always on approach or within the destination scenery area. Also running RC 4.1 and ASE.Will try KLAX to KEWR now that I've updated and see what happens. Just purchased the 737-6/7 anyway...

Hi anonymous!Have you done this:1. Uninstalled the NGX via control panel?2. Deleted then all leftover maps and files, and also in >Your nameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXSimconnect......."Pmdg files there"?3. Antivirus off, UAC off, Run as Adm right by right click>>>>>then install?4. Rebooted?5. Start FSX (FSX with Adm right) and then choose NGX in free flight?Also added a copy of the "UIAutomationcore.dll file to FSX Root? Version 6.0.5840.16386 (32-bit)?If so, then not sure why you have this probs when so many dosen´t have this./ Leffe

Guys, would you please report your LOD_RADIUS setting in FSX.cfg?

Yes as Word Not Allowed said LOD_RADIUS "tweaks" can cause crashes.I had mine at 5.5 and anythime I was flying the NGX with photo scenery I would get a g3d.dll error after 30mins. With it set back to default 4.5 I have had none.

I've noticed more CTD problems on my laptop, but I think they are memory-related. I was already pushing the envelope of memory usage with the initial release of the NGX. I think adding the 600/700 stuff with SP1 pushed the envelope a little too far. I had to dial back some of my detail settings even further, especially around big airports, and now it seems more stable.The trade-offs of playing FSX on a laptop...sacrifice some realism for the sake of portability.