Sign in to follow this  
PiperWarrior29

So what's next...?

I don't see this as a full blown project ie 717 etc. I think that it will be something already in the barn. I go along with the idea of the 1900 or some off shoot of that. Oh yeah for those of you fantasizing about this remember this - if God didn't want you to play with it he would have put in the middle of your back. One week till the 236 birthday of our beloved Corps - Semper Fi

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I may get attacked for this, but is there really a high demand for the 717? Either way, I'll take one. Just don't hear about the 717 much. Now the Woodpidgeon on the other hand..........

I may get attacked for this, but is there really a high demand for the 717? Either way, I'll take one. Just don't hear about the 717 much. Now the Woodpidgeon on the other hand..........
I dunno, I wouldn't buy the 717 even if it were holy...it doesn't have many operators, and I'm not too keen on half my flying being between Honolulu and Maui. The 777 however, would be fun, a 757/767, the greatest thing since sliced bread (or butter, I dunno)

Inactive

I dunno, I wouldn't buy the 717 even if it were holy...it doesn't have many operators, and I'm not too keen on half my flying being between Honolulu and Maui. The 777 however, would be fun, a 757/767, the greatest thing since sliced bread (or butter, I dunno)
I agree! They are already doing a Dash 8 for those short/island hopping flights. The T7 is really exciting to me because it has some pretty cool tech in the office. The EFB will be cool as will the camera views from the tail and belly on the ND for push and taxi. And let's face it, those GE90's look pretty serious from head on! Yummy!

I believe etheris is right on! The model and mechanics are already there. Just a matter of cockpit and instruments logic and coding.

I'd like to see a classic 747-200. Just remove the FMC/FMS/CDU, remove all the autopilot logics and replace digital glass cockpit with analog displays and its done.
I believe etheris is right on! The model and mechanics are already there. Just a matter of cockpit and instruments logic and coding.
Hmmmm, it is true that, apart from the winglets, horizontal stabilizer fuel tanks, revised fuselage/wing fairings and a few dozen other minor details such as ....different engines, pylons and nacelles, the two models are ALMOST identical. Piece of cake, really ! smile.pngBruno

Okay gents, I rarely reply! But I thought I should reply to this to to make things clear here. Now I'm not part of the team but I have been for quite sometime and follow loads of topics etc ... So we can have an idea what they could be building IF it is an aircraft! Let's point out the facts!FACT: it will NOT be an airbus. Why? They correctly have the right to access Boeing stuff and Boeing has given them authority to use there LOGO on there website and installer! 'Boeing approved' so why would they develop an Airbus if It's Boeing's biggest rival? However, it doesnt mean that PMDG will only stick to Boeing only, but airbus is out of the way! And the way PMDG develops it's products now, they have to get 'Airbus approved' to gain legal access to there aircraft in order for PMDG to develop a 'PMDG complex addon style' .. So after the ngx, they will not go 'below' that. - oh and one more thing (just in case your still not conviced) PMDG is soon to develop the 777 and most likely upgrade the 747 and definitely in the future develop the 787 (I think the hint lies on there 747 cargo where it carries 787 parts), so therefore, using the 3 year of the development of the 737ng, they will use the current parts (since Boeing is all quite similar) to add on there new add ons .. So it's less work for them, more time to think on new techniques to put complex stuff on an addon. Airbus is literally starting from scratch! And like I said, they have to establish a friendship with airbus in order to be done 'PMDG way' makes sense? FACT: this secret aircraft (if they are makin an aircraft), will not be old, as in; no 737 classic or 727 or 707 etc .. Why? PMDG has always developed kinda new type of aircraft, with glass cockpit.Theory: I got my money on this; CRJ! I doubt PMDG will develop a big aircraft! Because it's just 'too big' (the plane) to be hidden in such short notice, okay fair enough they could of been doing with the ngx, but this secret aircraft would of been a part time job as full time job was 737ngx! Makes sense being a regional aircraft? Look at the pattern; MD11 --- J41 --- NGX .. Big project, small project (as well as using to test new technology on the small one for the big one; ngx uses the texture style the same of J41 etc) .. So now; small X project then 777 ... Right?Conclusion: I could be completely wrong, or right. Whatever! As long as it's PMDG doing whatever they are doing; it's automatically cool and the best! But! If u think it makes sense what I said then let's start thinking of small sophisticated aircraft that they could be digitaly building!Wilson

Oh and one more thing! I have my doubts that they are upgrading the 747 although in a way it makes perfect sense! But I strongly believe that there next supermassive project could be the 747 for the next Microsoft flight! Since 737 was there biggest project for fsx, now it's time for a massive 747 (since it sold so well on fsx and fs9) to take place on a much better flight simulator, the plane is massive already, very complex and sophisticated, so they need a 'perfect' version ( yes I mainly mean 64bit lol) of fsx to develop the queen of the skies! Makes sense? But again, I could be wrong.Wilson

There's something none of you know about coming before the 777 tongue.png
Is it a pogo stick that we can use to bounce around the aircraft on during our pre-flight check?

Who said that it has to be a plane? maybe it's an additional program for the 737 like a career simulation, animated ground equipment/crew or something like that, or the multicrew function....

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Okay gents, I rarely reply! But I thought I should reply to this to to make things clear here. Now I'm not part of the team but I have been for quite sometime and follow loads of topics etc ... So we can have an idea what they could be building IF it is an aircraft! Let's point out the facts!FACT: it will NOT be an airbus. Why? They correctly have the right to access Boeing stuff and Boeing has given them authority to use there LOGO on there website and installer! 'Boeing approved' so why would they develop an Airbus if It's Boeing's biggest rival? However, it doesnt mean that PMDG will only stick to Boeing only, but airbus is out of the way! And the way PMDG develops it's products now, they have to get 'Airbus approved' to gain legal access to there aircraft in order for PMDG to develop a 'PMDG complex addon style' .. So after the ngx, they will not go 'below' that. - oh and one more thing (just in case your still not conviced) PMDG is soon to develop the 777 and most likely upgrade the 747 and definitely in the future develop the 787 (I think the hint lies on there 747 cargo where it carries 787 parts), so therefore, using the 3 year of the development of the 737ng, they will use the current parts (since Boeing is all quite similar) to add on there new add ons .. So it's less work for them, more time to think on new techniques to put complex stuff on an addon. Airbus is literally starting from scratch! And like I said, they have to establish a friendship with airbus in order to be done 'PMDG way' makes sense?FACT: this secret aircraft (if they are makin an aircraft), will not be old, as in; no 737 classic or 727 or 707 etc .. Why? PMDG has always developed kinda new type of aircraft, with glass cockpit.Theory: I got my money on this; CRJ! I doubt PMDG will develop a big aircraft! Because it's just 'too big' (the plane) to be hidden in such short notice, okay fair enough they could of been doing with the ngx, but this secret aircraft would of been a part time job as full time job was 737ngx! Makes sense being a regional aircraft? Look at the pattern; MD11 --- J41 --- NGX .. Big project, small project (as well as using to test new technology on the small one for the big one; ngx uses the texture style the same of J41 etc) .. So now; small X project then 777 ... Right?Conclusion: I could be completely wrong, or right. Whatever! As long as it's PMDG doing whatever they are doing; it's automatically cool and the best! But! If u think it makes sense what I said then let's start thinking of small sophisticated aircraft that they could be digitaly building!Wilson
Lets see, they've only made three types of jet airliner before, 737, 747, MD-11. Yeah, they were all glass cockpit, but no they've admitted to making a Boeing 777, nothing else Boeing exists (with enough data, sorry 787) to make a glass-cockpit Boeing. So I say, that one of these next jets will be something older, maybe something like the Boeing 757 and 767, since they're half-glass (the 767-400 is full glass, a la 777). I believe that they might actually do a Boeing 727, or something of that vintage, why not, nobody has done a really good one in FSX before.

Inactive

Hmmmm, it is true that, apart from the winglets, horizontal stabilizer fuel tanks, revised fuselage/wing fairings and a few dozen other minor details such as ....different engines, pylons and nacelles, the two models are ALMOST identical.Piece of cake, really ! smile.pngBruno
Cut the hump in half...

Inactive

Lets see, they've only made three types of jet airliner before, 737, 747, MD-11. Yeah, they were all glass cockpit, but no they've admitted to making a Boeing 777, nothing else Boeing exists (with enough data, sorry 787) to make a glass-cockpit Boeing. So I say, that one of these next jets will be something older, maybe something like the Boeing 757 and 767, since they're half-glass (the 767-400 is full glass, a la 777). I believe that they might actually do a Boeing 727, or something of that vintage, why not, nobody has done a really good one in FSX before.
Except the 717...just sayin (as that's glass cockpit). From what it looks like here there is a little bit more demand for it than a lot of people realize..and I'm pretty sure if PMDG made one people would buy it regardless. Hell, it would probably boost sales of the actual 717 lol! The guys at Delta would go...Sh** we gotta get some of those!