Sign in to follow this  
PiperWarrior29

So what's next...?

Actually...a Dash 7 would be great too! (I know...isn't going to happen-- but it's a nice thought....that would be a great airplane to get in and out of all of those ORBX PNW small airfields!).Kent

Kent Valentine

P3D - PMDG 737-600/700/800/900; 777; 747-400 v3

Actually...a Dash 7 would be great too! (I know...isn't going to happen-- but it's a nice thought....that would be a great airplane to get in and out of all of those ORBX PNW small airfields!).Kent
I couldn't agree more, its my favorite turboprop smile.png

Yeah, there is just something about it. Back in the days when it came out, there were Microwave Landing Systems (MLS) where Dash 7s and Twotters could make steep descents into short fields. Just fun stuff. From what I've read, the four engine scheme and resulting additional fuel burn in part did them in.Kent

Kent Valentine

P3D - PMDG 737-600/700/800/900; 777; 747-400 v3

Yeah, there is just something about it. Back in the days when it came out, there were Microwave Landing Systems (MLS) where Dash 7s and Twotters could make steep descents into short fields. Just fun stuff. From what I've read, the four engine scheme and resulting additional fuel burn in part did them in.Kent
Its a shame cause its really a cool plane. The twotter was one of the first planes I ever flew on - Rocky Mountain Scareways, in the days before the 1900 took over the route to my hometown.

. . . Theory: I got my money on this; CRJ! . . .Wilson
Well I'd rather see a CL604 / 605. A few steps below a BBJ, but above the mid-range smaller Citations and default Lear.Just dreaming.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Of course the Triumph of Trijets, the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar would be quite an amazing experience.

Inactive

Whats the time frame for this secret project ? I hope it's for X-Plane-10 !!!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

MD-10!I would love to see a classic (particularly a 747-200, L1011, or 727), so I thought about what classics were out there with a glass cockpit. The only one is the MD10, which is a DC10 with MD11 cockpit. Maybe it is a bit of a stretch, but they have the MD11 cockpit, and they could release a new outside. It would be more like the 747-800 expansion in that it does not change the dynamics, but it provides a new exterior. Any thoughts?

Daniel Miller

MD-10!I would love to see a classic (particularly a 747-200, L1011, or 727), so I thought about what classics were out there with a glass cockpit. The only one is the MD10, which is a DC10 with MD11 cockpit. Maybe it is a bit of a stretch, but they have the MD11 cockpit, and they could release a new outside. It would be more like the 747-800 expansion in that it does not change the dynamics, but it provides a new exterior. Any thoughts?
And only gly around cargo? I don't think so...

Inactive

I agree with the classics! IMO the modern planes will be around a long while to create them later. But the classics are disappearing! The Dreamfleet 727 was my favorite airliner to fly in fs2004. What fsx is missing is an accurate rendition of a classic jetliner with all the realistic systems and flight dynamics. I would only hope with their relationship with Boeing, that PMDG they could get their hands on some 727 or DC-10 documents. Probably only wishful thinking. I know they could make an analogue and dial cockpit just as beautiful as their glass ones. One can dream.......

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Seems like PMDG already has plans in place. And considering the gamechanging qualities of the NGX it will be amazing, I am sure.That being said, I would love a 717, CRJ-200, or EMB-120. Something different.Oh and a 737-200 complete with a VC would be great too. ;)

Seems like PMDG already has plans in place. And considering the gamechanging qualities of the NGX it will be amazing, I am sure.That being said, I would love a 717, CRJ-200, or EMB-120. Something different.Oh and a 737-200 complete with a VC would be great too. ;)
Well, I would really love to see un upgrade of the MD11. It is a beauty already, but if it is possibe to upgrade the VC of the MD11 to the quality of the NGX I really love it.Eric

I don't see this as a full blown project ie 717 etc. I think that it will be something already in the barn. I go along with the idea of the 1900 or some off shoot of that. Oh yeah for those of you fantasizing about this remember this - if God didn't want you to play with it he would have put in the middle of your back. One week till the 236 birthday of our beloved Corps - Semper Fi
Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Gunny!
I may get attacked for this, but is there really a high demand for the 717? Either way, I'll take one. Just don't hear about the 717 much. Now the Woodpidgeon on the other hand..........
I dunno, I wouldn't buy the 717 even if it were holy...it doesn't have many operators, and I'm not too keen on half my flying being between Honolulu and Maui. The 777 however, would be fun, a 757/767, the greatest thing since sliced bread (or butter, I dunno)
I think there are only about 5 airlines using 717sGood inference to Hawaiian Airlines. Probably the most volume of use would come by way of AirTran throughout the entire east coast of the United States along with a couple of west coast destinations and Great Lakes areas.I also like the idea about the classics. A solid payware DC-8 would be great. There are still some cargo users flying them. Plus anyone wanting to setup FS in retro they could fly a complete DC-8 series of aircraft if a developer were to produce the DC-8.

Keith Guillory

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Gunny!I think there are only about 5 airlines using 717sGood inference to Hawaiian Airlines. Probably the most volume of use would come by way of AirTran throughout the entire east coast of the United States along with a couple of west coast destinations and Great Lakes areas.I also like the idea about the classics. A solid payware DC-8 would be great. There are still some cargo users flying them. Plus anyone wanting to setup FS in retro they could fly a complete DC-8 series of aircraft if a developer were to produce the DC-8.
Like I said earlier, the L-1011 would be a magical experience, the finest widebody trijet, a new experience than the MD-11 or 747, its a classic yet still has autothrottle, and it can do a CAT III autoland (first airliner to ever do it). The L-1011 still flies, even with the RAF; it had many operators.

Inactive