Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

how to perform an RNAV approach

HelloHow do I perform an RNAV approach IE YBCG in Australia as opposed to a VOR or NDB, thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Have a read here about RNAV approaches:http://www.ecacnav.com/downloads/RNAV%20Approaches%20Leaflet.pdfHere is more technical stuff on RNAV... though more from the point of view of GA...http://aviationmentor.blogspot.com/2009/04/understanding-rnav-approaches.htmlAndrew

thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Press LNAV and VNAV... more details are in the FCTM.

Press LNAV and VNAV... more details are in the FCTM.
in other words you dont know is what your saying correct

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

in other words you dont know is what your saying correct
Nope, I answered the question. Further details are in the FCTM -> Approach and MAP -> Non-ILS Approach. Read that chapter and you will have a great understanding of how modern airliners conduct not only RNAV approaches, but all non-precision approaches.

not very helpful

Wayne such

this is way more helpful so thanks AENTWIS, the FCTM teaches squat about actually understanding what RNAV isRNAV stands for aRea NAVigation and encompasses a variety of aircraft equipment described in U.S Terminal and En Route Area Navigation (RNAV) Operations. Appropriately certified GPS units are considered RNAV as are many Flight Management Systems. Older VOR/DME RNAV units are also consider RNAV units, but in a much more limited way. In simplest terms, an IFR-certified GPS unit is most often the straw that stirs the RNAV drink for most GA aircraft.For RNAV-equipped aircraft, it's easy for a pilot to navigate directly to a VOR, NDB, intersection, or approach waypoint. That's why RNAV approaches are often designed with a Terminal Arrival Area or TAA (not to be confused with a Technically-Advanced Aircraft). The TAA is a T-, Y- or L-shaped arrangement of Initial Approach waypoints designed to simplify the interaction between ATC and the pilot. A good, detailed description can be found in the Aeronautical Information Manual section 5-4-5(d).

Wayne such

Sorry mate, but you didn't ask what RNAV is, you asked how to perform a RNAV procedure, which can be found in FCTM as mentioned before, so not sure what squat didly means to you, obviously a different meaning to me. It even includes a pretty drawing/diagram for you to look at and take in the information.

Sorry mate, but you didn't ask what RNAV is, you asked how to perform a RNAV procedure, which can be found in FCTM as mentioned before, so not sure what squat didly means to you, obviously a different meaning to me. It even includes a pretty drawing/diagram for you to look at and take in the information.
so all your answers will be fctm will they, very helpful.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete, we have gone out of our way to help you find the information that you asked for. I couldn't write it any better than the FCTM - it actually describes it in quite a lot of depth, but it does assume a basic understanding of what RNAV is and how it works. I cannot read your mind - I didn't know that you didn't you what RNAV was.However, if this is your attitude towards people who try to help you, next time I'll make sure to reconsider clicking on the "Reply" button to your posts.A little bit of gratitude goes a long way...

so all your answers will be fctm will they, very helpful.
No, but the question he asked will be. I am not a mind reader, and I can't see what else you want to know without you writing it.Time to calm down mate.

Pete, we have gone out of our way to help you find the information that you asked for. I couldn't write it any better than the FCTM - it actually describes it in quite a lot of depth, but it does assume a basic understanding of what RNAV is and how it works. I cannot read your mind - I didn't know that you didn't you what RNAV was.However, if this is your attitude towards people who try to help you, next time I'll make sure to reconsider clicking on the "Reply" button to your posts.A little bit of gratitude goes a long way...
sorry i wasnt the one asking for help i was referring to the op who was asking how to fly the rnav and all he got was fctn. At least aentwis gave him more to look at and i wasnt trying to get out of my waty since that i hate people replies by saying check the fctn we all know where to look but it mite be help ful to give further advice than saying look in the fctn thats all i was trying to say nothing else. So i do aplogize

Peter kelberg

well I am really sorry I must have worded my question wrong, i did not have an understanding of what RNAV is but i think some of the replies on this forum are very condescending , thank you to all for enlightening mei must admit i was being lazy apologies, we do need to settle down a bit in these forums though, thanks all

Wayne such