Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Enhance your NGX Touchdown sound effect! - Download

/Can someone make a YT video of this in action, thank you thank you
Already posted this vid hear, not sure if you watched it but theses effects are amazing, love the sound it makes as you zip over the runway lights.http://youtu.be/cH_nwe67IOo

WOW m8 that is a great vid includes the rattlering in the cockpit on takeoff aswell which was the option sound of course and the rev's and all the rest love it ... really sounds real m8 nice one..I would personally like to alter the sound effect from the passengers view at the engines. I know that many people say it's too loud for a passenger view and they would like it to be like the aft wingview so i will need to ask PMDG before i even attempt it guys as this is after all there property..

yes, I just need to locate the file responsible for that and reduce the Volume.however I believe it should be left alone as probably that is how it should sound in real life.I never been in the real cockpit to comment ,however I believe PMDG guys did so and got it right.if you want we can reduce the volume for you.
Yes thanx that would be grate:)) I fly on Vatsim & with the loud "gear/wind" sound I have problems hearing the tower, any help is very much appreciatedim%20Not%20Worthy.gifEdit: I found the file PMDG_737_NoseGearAirflow in Various:-)

Excuse me, has anything changed with respect to 9-10 November with the touchdown sounds? I hear some rattling in the video that I don't think I have in my NGX. Where is it possible to download the latest sound set?Thank you.

James Goggi

Excuse me, has anything changed with respect to 9-10 November with the touchdown sounds? I hear some rattling in the video that I don't think I have in my NGX. Where is it possible to download the latest sound set?Thank you.
you should actually head to this thread as it has the complete Pack in it.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353539-official-groundroll-enhancement-thread/

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

nice but Im sticking with the current NGX sound, but Im out looking for a replacement 747 sound
for the 747 your best replacement IMHO would be the TSS sound pack(s).it also not that expensive either.

Joel Strikovsky

Hi, I noticed that yesterday, don't know if already was like that. The touchdown sound volume with the sound I downloaded with the package in this thread is too low, even if I hit the ground heavily, while the nose gear sound is quite loud. I understand that the nose gear is closer to the cockpit, thus the sound is louder, but is there a way to increase the touchdown sound volume? I tried to modify the file PMDG_touchdown.wav (or something like that, the file in the "Various" folder) with an audio editor, increasing the volume, but noted no change.Thank you.

James Goggi

Hi, I noticed that yesterday, don't know if already was like that. The touchdown sound volume with the sound I downloaded with the package in this thread is too low, even if I hit the ground heavily, while the nose gear sound is quite loud. I understand that the nose gear is closer to the cockpit, thus the sound is louder, but is there a way to increase the touchdown sound volume? I tried to modify the file PMDG_touchdown.wav (or something like that, the file in the "Various" folder) with an audio editor, increasing the volume, but noted no change.Thank you.
have you set your FSX sound settings everything to 50%?normally the touchdown you hear is what is usually heard in reality.the shaking sound is really mild in real life.however I do hear the difference in sound volume depending on how good I flare (or not).here you could see the differences, check it out (mainly in the second video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fB_E0Sqo7M

(ignore the flickering of the video, I forgot to turn off the 2nd screen while recording with fraps)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5POZvtH1D8

Joel Strikovsky

I do beleive that Robert made this with a code so the harder you hit the ground the louder the colume.. i don/t think it will make any difference in which sound your using but this is hard coded i may be wrong..

This thread was actually superseded by this thread.forum.avsim.net/topic/353539-official-groundroll-enhancement-thread/so here is where you get the stuff from.

Joel Strikovsky

On the same topic, I've been wanting to replace the GPWS callouts with the real ones. Anyone know where I can find the .wav files?I know there is a YouTube video that plays them one after the other, but I don't have the software to edit the callings individually.