Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

psst...SDK?

i would just like to use my $1500 MCP/EFIS again, i've been using it as a paper weight since this plane came out and im not reinstalling the Ifly. i cant go back to that after flying this

John C

I was told tonight that there's a legal issue with the SDK's license agreement that we're trying to work out. The thing is finished, I have it sitting right here on my desktop.
Meaning?? a day? a week? a year?
Now aren't we in a pickle....

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I can fly it fine without, would like to have it....but dang, you can't beat this A/C. nothing comes close, and when I am not flying GA, this is the only thing that gets engine hours.....
+1 !!!!

Ryan M, et al,Will the SDK have a capability for an add-on module to register as a module in the MCDU? You may be aware that in real aircraft, all items on the MENU page are modules that are independently connected to the MCDU, e.g. FMC, ACARS, etc. The MCDU is just a dumb terminal which receives text data from other modules and pushes button presses and text to those modules. This feature (in addition to being able to pull data from the FMC) would allow third-party implementation of FANS-1/A (CPDLC, ADS-C) into existing frameworks like the one developed by Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers and allow virtual airlines to develop ACARS systems tailored to meet their own needs.

Ryan M, et al,Will the SDK have a capability for an add-on module to register as a module in the MCDU? You may be aware that in real aircraft, all items on the MENU page are modules that are independently connected to the MCDU, e.g. FMC, ACARS, etc. The MCDU is just a dumb terminal which receives text data from other modules and pushes button presses and text to those modules. This feature (in addition to being able to pull data from the FMC) would allow third-party implementation of FANS-1/A (CPDLC, ADS-C) into existing frameworks like the one developed by Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers and allow virtual airlines to develop ACARS systems tailored to meet their own needs.
This would be incredibly awesome and it will open a new whole world of possibilities to us flying online and for a VA..... biggrin.pngWell, at some point, the flight simming experience has to grow up and this should be a good point to start with!

i would just like to use my $1500 MCP/EFIS again, i've been using it as a paper weight since this plane came out and im not reinstalling the Ifly. i cant go back to that after flying this
Hammer 32261You don’t have to wait for the SDK to get your hardware working.Some folks, with collaboration from Pete Dowson, have worked this out.http://forum.avsim.n...x-737ngx-ready/I can understand why PMDG would be reluctant or at least cautious to open up.You never know what people are going to do once they have access to all aircraft functionality.It could lead to a flood of support tickets making their way to PMDG as a result of the misuse of the SDK, users wrongly assuming it’s a fault within the aircraft.We at FS++ wouldn’t mind having the SDK for our voice control product.Having said that, we didn’t stand still since the NGX was released. And we are making good progress with it, just as we did with countless other aircraft.And I can assure you that it doesn’t involve any sort of hacking. You just need deep knowledge of the Microsoft SDK (and I really mean it), the ability to write C or C++ code, and serious Windows Win32 API programming.We also don’t hack into the “panel.cfg” file. This could potentially bring down the aircraft after loading extra gauges that the PMDG team has no control over.The NGX is a resource hungry bird. The last thing you want is to overload the stretched FS virtual address space with speech recognition engine, and other heavy dlls.For this reason, our software runs in its own process. Should anything bad happen with MCE, you just restart it, your flight remains unaffected.Ryan, we are ready to backup the claim by submitting C++ source code that you will get to compile yourself, and see how, heading, altitude, speed dials and other switches are turned safely.Ohsirius.I am not sure, but I believe you are a MCE user.If you get in touch with support, we will send you a link to the Beta that will get you your voice control fix for this bird. There is no need to park the great add-on that the NGX is.And just to keep things in perspective, voice control cannot exist without Aircraft add-on, which in turn cannot exist without a flight simulator engine.

I have CPflight components, i dont want to have to reinvent the wheel here i just want a simple driver to install so everything lights up and works again

John C

Hammer 32261You don’t have to wait for the SDK to get your hardware working.Some folks, with collaboration from Pete Dowson, have worked this out.http://forum.avsim.n...x-737ngx-ready/I can understand why PMDG would be reluctant or at least cautious to open up.You never know what people are going to do once they have access to all aircraft functionality.It could lead to a flood of support tickets making their way to PMDG as a result of the misuse of the SDK, users wrongly assuming it’s a fault within the aircraft.We at FS++ wouldn’t mind having the SDK for our voice control product.Having said that, we didn’t stand still since the NGX was released. And we are making good progress with it, just as we did with countless other aircraft.And I can assure you that it doesn’t involve any sort of hacking. You just need deep knowledge of the Microsoft SDK (and I really mean it), the ability to write C or C++ code, and serious Windows Win32 API programming.We also don’t hack into the “panel.cfg” file. This could potentially bring down the aircraft after loading extra gauges that the PMDG team has no control over.The NGX is a resource hungry bird. The last thing you want is to overload the stretched FS virtual address space with speech recognition engine, and other heavy dlls.For this reason, our software runs in its own process. Should anything bad happen with MCE, you just restart it, your flight remains unaffected.Ryan, we are ready to backup the claim by submitting C++ source code that you will get to compile yourself, and see how, heading, altitude, speed dials and other switches are turned safely.Ohsirius.I am not sure, but I believe you are a MCE user.If you get in touch with support, we will send you a link to the Beta that will get you your voice control fix for this bird. There is no need to park the great add-on that the NGX is.And just to keep things in perspective, voice control cannot exist without Aircraft add-on, which in turn cannot exist without a flight simulator engine.
Hello Gerald..You kinda caught my interest here...? I'm a fan of FS2Crew, and to be honest I didn'r know there were any competitors for this product, but from the quick look at your web page, I got the impression that your product in som areas also do what FS2Crew does...?Now let me first state, that I DON'T wnat to start some kind of war between two products here (aka the nver-ending FS9 vs. FSX discussion), but could you give me a quick run down on the differences between your product and the FS2Crew?Thx in advanceMas

Hello Gerald..You kinda caught my interest here...? I'm a fan of FS2Crew, and to be honest I didn'r know there were any competitors for this product, but from the quick look at your web page, I got the impression that your product in som areas also do what FS2Crew does...?Now let me first state, that I DON'T wnat to start some kind of war between two products here (aka the nver-ending FS9 vs. FSX discussion), but could you give me a quick run down on the differences between your product and the FS2Crew?Thx in advanceMas
Hi Mas,Since I don’t use the other product, I cannot give you an impartial comparative review.I can only speak for MCE.The aim is to simulate crew coordination between Captain and co-pilot.Nothing is scripted, but rather event driven. Your voice dictates the pace.You can either follow airlines procedures and do things in sequence, or jump straight into the cockpit and start asking the co-pilot to flip switches and dials.The co-pilot is well trained, and won’t do silly things just because you uttered them by accident.You can customise the checklist to your liking. Items can be in any order.There is even an advanced scripting feature that allows you to create your own voice commands that will get the co-pilot to perform a series of actions in the order and pace you want.Thanks to the ATC feature you can talk to FSX or FS9 controllers, as well as Radar Contact controllers. And no we are not talking about sending keystrokes to the ATC menu and hoping for the best. MCE actually knows what ATC options are displayed at any given time. Some people are getting MCE for the sake of the ATC feature alone.Best of all, we have a Demo available for download, so that people can make up their own mind. We don’t edit any of the “aircraft.cfg” or “panel.cfg” files, so the Demo won’t be disruptive to your setup. When you are done, un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel. The next time you start the sim, we will prompt you to manually delete fsInsider.dll from FSX folder, at which point you are back to your original configuration.Some don’t like the quality of the default Microsoft voices, but we are doing something about it. Starting from next update, we will include some pre-recorded voice sets, and MCE will work with both real voices and TTS voices.If you want a run with the NGX, instead of using the last official release, contact support, and we could send you a link to try out the Latest build.Best,

I defenately will be trying this out ;)Thx for your time Gerald!Mas
You won't be disappointed, MCE is great, love the compund voice commands and RC4 support. Sure it too will be better with a full SDK release.

Uff, how long will it take with this legal stuff? Any update on the SDK?

James Goggi

Uff, how long will it take with this legal stuff? Any update on the SDK?
ROFL -- You should know better than ask PMDG for a DATE !!! ( Unless you like being stood up )