Sign in to follow this  
Niall Hanley

Story of My Aerlingus Flight

Excellent, thanks to writer, Pilots and all for sharing. Didn`t want it to end.Steve

Great story, and well written I might add. Although I suspect some of it might be worth removing as a courtesy to Rónán. What happens (or is said) in the cockpit, stays in the cockpit...:D

Wonderful story, thanks so much for taking the time to write this. I'd give anything for an experience like that!

Noah Bryant

Fantastic story. Very Engaging. Rónán sounds like a good pilot with a good attitude. Sound like you had a fantastic time, and very good to hear the rare insight into what its like to be a real airline pilot. Males me realize that i really really do want that job. Good work to all involved.

Hello Rónán (yes I know the Alt Gr for the fada shortcut keys),That wasn't you on RWY 10 on wed about 16:00 was it?I was on the M50 northbound to Santry,so I always know which way the wind is blowing before I use my FSX.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Ahh the dreaded, "Urm Shamrock 123, you're urm, taxiing on the edge lights" transmission. One that has been all too familiar to me. My legacy to aviation = An unusually large amount of crushed edge lighting across the USA... My first flights 3 flights in a row as a captain in the A330 and I crushed some lights each time taxiing, I had to spend a day in the simulator practicing after that.... But, never fear, I have improved...Big Grin.gif
I'm wondering if that means you are able to get all of the lights now - roflAn extremely interesting read though and a case of 'one of those days' I reckon. All the best.John Ellison

Hi Niall, thanks for a lovely tale told well and thanks Ronan for making it possible. I suspect that between you, quite a few readers will be inspired to try much harder to take to the air.

Wow, what an amazing story! Kinda jealous about that experience. Thank you for Niall for sharing you experience and thank to the flight crew for making this possible.Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Hello,This was an amazing and inspiring read!I have also tried to get a jump seat ride, although with no luck. I am in the unlucky situation that I don't know any pilots personally, so what I have done is contact the airline in advance via customer service.. but I have only been told that it isn't possible to get a jump seat ride after 9/11.It's very good to hear from somebody around my age (I'm 17) with the same interest as me!Thank you very much for sharing this :)Vilner

Hello,This was an amazing and inspiring read!I have also tried to get a jump seat ride, although with no luck. I am in the unlucky situation that I don't know any pilots personally, so what I have done is contact the airline in advance via customer service.. but I have only been told that it isn't possible to get a jump seat ride after 9/11.It's very good to hear from somebody around my age (I'm 17) with the same interest as me!Thank you very much for sharing this :)Vilner
Well, in germany, it is a bit easier, sonetimes simple asking does a good job here. I once did a flight from Frankfurt to Hamburg (EDDF-EDDH) and i asked the pilot before the flight whether i could take some pictures of the cockpit. After taking them and asking some general questions, the Captain asked me to stay there for the whole flight. It was in an Airbus A320 and i was very impressed, as i have never been in a cockpit before. Absolutely great experience, especially the moments during Takeoff, when they push the Thrustlevers forward and you can feel the power happy.png

regards,

Alexander Marx

Ah, I wish that would have been me! I did a flight this summer with Lufthansa Cityline from Munich to Toulouse, I asked the pilots, although got the same reply.. After 9/11 it was a no go :(But I will keep trying! This is something I want sooo bad, one day I might be lucky! :DVilner

Ah, I wish that would have been me! I did a flight this summer with Lufthansa Cityline from Munich to Toulouse, I asked the pilots, although got the same reply.. After 9/11 it was a no go sad.pngBut I will keep trying! This is something I want sooo bad, one day I might be lucky! :DVilner
So do i bro i feel your pain im a U.S. guys too.

Ow.. I am not THAT unlucky :( (Nothing bad against the USI'm from Denmark, so the chance is probably not as small as it is in the US.Best of luck to you anyway!Vilner

This story just made it to a company circular mail. Congratulations! It is very well written, yet now every blasted pilot in the company knows about that landing.... Oh joy of joys.... Waiting.gif

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg