Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Pmdg NGX 737 in microsoft flight

FSX has SIDS and STARS? Not much of the real thing though.No ATC: I hope so because ATC in FSX is absolute crap.Weather management: would be a pitty.No flight planner: we don't need one from MS. There is plenty of better -free- stuff out there.Bert Van Bulck
Without all this stuff you are basically going to have an ORBX scenery @ 50% less of ORBX quality. Other than that REX2 + OD is light years better then the crap MS is showing on it site regarding clouds.If you will miss everything, why consider Flight an improvement over FSX ?Every one of us has a bunch of add-ons, Flight will wipe them all out offering you nothing but a candy yellow biplane so I do not see the point of considering it a game. That's more a Kinetic marketing vehicle instead, made for kids learning to read & write with the help of colored pictures, videos and few 8bit sounds effects.Joe Simmer

Flying from Honolulu intl. to Ford island naval base ?LolI rather stop telling more, since this could become a hornets nest.FinnJ
why not? we just have to find an aloha repaint. ok, yhey used the -200, but it would be nice with the -600 :D

My wish list is for code optimised to run on modern hardware, more sophisticated flight modelling, DX10 and drastic improvements to the weather engine.This hasn't changed since 2005 and my fingers are firmly crossed.Eye candy can be covered by third party developers.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

My wish list is for code optimised to run on modern hardware, more sophisticated flight modelling, DX10 and drastic improvements to the weather engine.This hasn't changed since 2005 and my fingers are firmly crossed.Eye candy can be covered by third party developers.
I can understand your thought but before some third party starts to develop and eventually release something decent for Flight at least 2 years has to pass by after Flight release scheduled for fall 2012 - spring 2013 it is rumored.So you are basically speaking 3 years ahead from now, when DX10 will be a rusty piece of software and X Plane 10 hopefully will be dominating the simulation market since 2 years at least.

And exactly that is what I doubt will happen.These days, eye candy is one of the pillars that allow game developers to win the masses. MS will definitely not leave this field to any 3rd party. From a business perspective, MS must provide an out-of-the-box awesome experience for the average game Joe who is interested in casually flying around in some awesome environment.These people want to see birds flying up and across the runway when they're taking off. They want to see animals when flying around the scenery, fish and boats/ships in the waters, atmospheric sunsets, you name it.And they want a plane that doesn't require them to sit through ATPL theory classes in order to be able to fly. They just want to fire it up and fly with their buddies, over the network. Maybe some air racing or "cool" missions will be added to address people's competitive side.That type of casual gamers couldn't care less about exactly modeled weather or flight models, or for that matter any SDK or API that would allow 3rd party developers to take advantage of this.That type of casual gamers is where the money is. MS will go for it.Sorry to be so negative, we'll all have to see what MS Flight will end up to be, but that's how the software business usually works.I'm glad that we've still got dedicated developers like PMDG who care for the hardcore aspects of flight simulation. If it were not for those devs, I'd have left flight simulation long ago.As it is right now and until proved wrong, I'd continue to put my stock in FSX as long as it lasts, and then eventually X-Plane.

Dave P. Woycek

Sorry to be so negative, we'll all have to see what MS Flight will end up to be, but that's how the software business usually works.
You are not negative, you are simply telling the truth.
I'm glad that we've still got dedicated developers like PMDG who care for the hardcore aspects of flight simulation. If it were not for those devs, I'd have left flight simulation long ago.
Yes, if it was not for companies like PMDG the flight simulation would have died many years ago, assuming we can call simulation FSX, considering its ATC etc......Thanks PMDG and I hope M$ Flight will sell 2 copies only, bought by Steve Ballmer of course and his best friend Bill.-

My tuppence worthI'd rather hope that someone like Aerosoft come up with a Flight Sim. I would expexct that to be more1) what we the simmers want2) compatible in such a way that PMDG etc stuff will work or with little re-development work.Someone like MS doesn't give a hoot.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

And exactly that is what I doubt will happen.These days, eye candy is one of the pillars that allow game developers to win the masses. MS will definitely not leave this field to any 3rd party. From a business perspective, MS must provide an out-of-the-box awesome experience for the average game Joe who is interested in casually flying around in some awesome environment.These people want to see birds flying up and across the runway when they're taking off. They want to see animals when flying around the scenery, fish and boats/ships in the waters, atmospheric sunsets, you name it.And they want a plane that doesn't require them to sit through ATPL theory classes in order to be able to fly. They just want to fire it up and fly with their buddies, over the network. Maybe some air racing or "cool" missions will be added to address people's competitive side.That type of casual gamers couldn't care less about exactly modeled weather or flight models, or for that matter any SDK or API that would allow 3rd party developers to take advantage of this.That type of casual gamers is where the money is. MS will go for it.Sorry to be so negative, we'll all have to see what MS Flight will end up to be, but that's how the software business usually works.I'm glad that we've still got dedicated developers like PMDG who care for the hardcore aspects of flight simulation. If it were not for those devs, I'd have left flight simulation long ago.As it is right now and until proved wrong, I'd continue to put my stock in FSX as long as it lasts, and then eventually X-Plane.
You're absolutely right, Microsoft is run by businessmen not flight sim enthusiasts.

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

Guys, just think for a moment if PMDG made a flight simulator........Ok, it would take 3-4-5 years :( but it would be the state of the art and it would sell gazillions of copies too.

Guys, just think for a moment if PMDG made a flight simulator........Ok, it would take 3-4-5 years tongue.png but it would be the state of the art and it would sell gazillions of copies too.
It would take a decade to develop. And in addition to that, It would probably take a blade server farm to run. But you wouldn't be able to spot a significant difference between the sim and the real world biggrin.png

Dave P. Woycek

Guys, just think for a moment if PMDG made a flight simulator........Ok, it would take 3-4-5 years tongue.png but it would be the state of the art and it would sell gazillions of copies too.
It would take a decade to develop. And in addition to that, It would probably take a blade server farm to run. But you wouldn't be able to spot a significant difference between the sim and the real world biggrin.png
LMAO.gifOh my! I couldn't agree more. However, it's a nice idea.
My tuppence worthI'd rather hope that someone like Aerosoft come up with a Flight Sim. I would expexct that to be more1) what we the simmers want2) compatible in such a way that PMDG etc stuff will work or with little re-development work.Someone like MS doesn't give a hoot.Thx Ian
Well, a while ago I read something about studies going on but it seems to me that nothing is really progressing. The last forum entry from their own side, more than a year ago, was still telling of "if we would do it" (see here: http://forum.aerosof...r-2012-worries/). One other thing was quite clear as well, nothing would be really compatible but their own stuff they are obviously also adapting for professional platforms.

Regards,
Axel

Hi guys.one more time.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/348973-hmmdoes-not-look-good/page__st__0FLIGHT= no ATC, no AIRLINES and internet conection needed to play (no fly)..............play.Ask REX and ORBz people.I am very disappointed and do not wait.Regards.....................

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

What does the OrbX boss know about Flight tho? Have he broken the NDA to inform the hardcore community about these issues? Im guessing he doesnt know anything about Flight at all, but that his company have invested a lot of money in the current platforms and that he sees Flight as a threat. Hopefully this is not the case, it would reflect really, really badly on OrbX if it turned out that their CEO deliberately started to spread lies uninformed rumours about an upcoming sim.

Would you mind quoting where that was said? I just went through all 8 pages of that topic & didn't see anyone from either company saying that.