Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

Xplane 10 demo is out

Torrenting it went really fast, I got it inside of 3 hours. Think of getting it that way.

I'd recommend the Torrent method as well - pulled the demo down in ~50 minutes, and at last check there were 600+ seeds online ready to help.

Mmmm.... I just tried with uTorrent (as reccommended). Say it's gonna take nearly 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmm.... I just tried with uTorrent (as reccommended). Say it's gonna take nearly 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta give it 10minutes at least...

Aren't you guys wary, of the possible security issues with torrents? Viruses, Trojans, etc You never know where your copy is coming from!!
This is a big misunderstanding. You can't get a Trojan if it's not in the torrent. Files are being checked and you can't even put an extra file into torrent for someone else to DL.If the souce is good, then the rest is good.

Hi,Mine finished and it is 3.37gbBob

Can someone please confirm the size of the final download for me?Seems I may not have it all.

Aren't you guys wary, of the possible security issues with torrents? Viruses, Trojans, etc You never know where your copy is coming from!!
Although that is very true about torrents - the files you've downloaded have come from dozens, if not hundreds of sources other than the original.... but thankfully the BitTorrent language includes validations to prevent any malicious injections.Many legitimate downloads, both traditional and torrent, provide users with an MD5 hash code to validate that the file(s) are identical to the original masters. A smart user would always compare the resultant MD5 hash of the download against the one the publisher states it should be. If all is well, the download is considered valid and untampered.The MD5 is often omitted with BitTorrents because the torrent language itself provides hashing and validation that no code has been added, removed, or changed from the original.Using torrents with reputable and trusted publishers? Fine!Using torrents with less savory sources? Not so fine.I concur with the 3.37GB size (20,855 files)-Greg

Thanks for size info guys. Mine was nearly 400Mb. Seems I have to start again - sigh!

I was really disappointed with this 'Demo'. Some Demo.My download was 22 hours - and a ridiculous size for a 'Demo'...I was hoping for a chance to test this sim, and the only aircraft available is a 747 !The 10 minute controller limit is also laughable. Shocked.gifI was really looking forward to seeing X-Plane, but now.....The 'Demo', if that is what it is intended to be, should have been much smaller, available on a faster source, and a GA aircraft included, with perhaps a 30 minute limit. I have suddenly lost all interest in purchasing that program when it becomes available.What a farce. 3.7 Gb ? Laughable.RegardsBill

I was really disappointed with this 'Demo'. Some Demo.My download was 22 hours - and a ridiculous size for a 'Demo'...I was hoping for a chance to test this sim, and the only aircraft available is a 747 !The 10 minute controller limit is also laughable. Shocked.gifI was really looking forward to seeing X-Plane, but now.....The 'Demo', if that is what it is intended to be, should have been much smaller, available on a faster source, and a GA aircraft included, with perhaps a 30 minute limit. I have suddenly lost all interest in purchasing that program when it becomes available.What a farce. 3.7 Gb ? Laughable.RegardsBill
Actually all default aircraft are available, the demo is actually the base product with everything but the global scenery, and with the 10 minute limit. If you had the DVD, it would be unlocked, that's why it's so big. To access the other aircraft, you need to go make to aircraft in the folder structure in the select aircraft menu, then select the subfolder, and you'll see the other aircraft in that subfolder. For example Heavy Metal has the United 747, nasa 747. and the 777

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d