Sign in to follow this  
Ceri Hurlow

New Saitek (Cessna) Trim Wheel problem with NGX

Hi All,i just purchased the new Saitek Trim wheel which works on the Elevator trim axis and it works very well with the default aircraft and also PMDG 747 and MD-11 although it doesn't work properly with the the NGX. I have properly calibrated the device but to no avail, the trim just works sometimes and only in one direction.I searched a few forums before posting and it seems that a fair number of other users are having the same problem with the NGX. I have also tried setting up the axis as a normal FSX assignment and also through FSUIPC.Has anybody else had experience with this device and specifically with the NGX. If everybody is in the same boat, could somebody possibly look into a fix for a future service pack etc.The link to the product if anybody has not seen it iswww.saitek.com/uk/prod/trimwheel.htmlNot helpful? You can block www.saitek.com results when you're signed in to search.www.saitek.comMany thanks and regardsCeri

As it says, it's a trim wheel for CESSNA not 737 and it has some known issues with other aircrafts than Cessna. In the ad it also says"Compatible with all mayor flying games including......" NOT campatible with all mayor AIRCRAFTS.Also I think this is a problem for Saitek to solve NOT for PMDG.

In an effort to sound a little more diplomatic, assigning axes to control trim is a known issue. Once the sdk is out saitek or some other entity may develop a driver that'll make it work. Until then the trim wheel will not work properly with the ngx.

As it says, it's a trim wheel for CESSNA not 737 and it has some known issues with other aircrafts than Cessna. In the ad it also says"Compatible with all mayor flying games including......" NOT campatible with all mayor AIRCRAFTS.Also I think this is a problem for Saitek to solve NOT for PMDG.
Wow! That's quite the comical statement. LOL.gifWrong! The trim wheel is a game controller. It controls a particular axis in an aircraft. Most aircraft has a trim function/wheel of some sort, (other than maybe a hand-glider), therefore should have the ability to control it with a dedicated device. To actually state that this controls only CESSNA aircraft because of a sticker on it, well, I guess ignorance is bliss.Hey Ceri,I have the same issue as you, again only with the PMDG NGX. All my other payware aircraft works perfectly fine. Here is the thread I started a few weeks ago:http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2162900Oh but then again, because if it doesn't function with the NGX, it's a problem with Saitek.... Ya that's it.Silly.gif

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Oh but then again, because it doesn't function with the NGX, it's a problem with Saitek.... Ya that's it.Silly.gif
happy.pnglaugh.png

Wow! That's quite the comical statement. LOL.gifWrong! The trim wheel is a game controller. It controls a particular axis in an aircraft. Most aircraft has a trim function/wheel of some sort, (other than maybe a hand-glider), therefore should have the ability to control it with a dedicated device. To actually state that this controls only CESSNA aircraft because of a sticker on it, well, I guess ignorance is bliss.Hey Ceri,I have the same issue as you, again only with the PMDG NGX. All my other payware aircraft works perfectly fine. Here is the thread I started a few weeks ago:http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2162900Oh but then again, because if it doesn't function with the NGX, it's a problem with Saitek.... Ya that's it.Silly.gif
Thanks for all Your help Guys, it looks like a pretty good little device though so i'm going to stick with it and hope a solution turns up!

Any news on a fix for the saitek cessna trim and the 737. It works pretty much on all the my other planes (including the pmdg j41) . I tried both native FSX and FSUIPC configurations. No joy.BestKarim

There is a way to do it, but it will act more like a huge rocker switch than an actual trim wheel.In fsuipc's axis assignment page, scan the trim wheel & on the right hand side set the 'from' to wherever the wheel is currently sitting & roll it backwards about a half turn to set the 'to' location. Set this as elevator trim down & repeat while in range. Roll it back another couple inches to create a deadzone & set location 2's 'from', roll it back another half turn & set that as 'to.'. Assign it elevator trim up, repeat while in range.Now When in the center deadzone trim stays put. Moving & holding the wheel slightly forward trims the plane down, moving & holding the wheel slightly back trims the plane up. Moving it back to center stops the trimming where it is.It's not a perfect fix, but atleast you'll get to use your trim wheel with the ngx.

Yeah, the same can be accomplished with a yoke switch, but at least you et to put your hand on the wheel & move it some.

GoFlight LGT Landing Gear module trim wheel works perfectly with the NGX :( Jose Miranda

Edited by jmiranda

GoFlight LGT Landing Gear module trim wheel works perfectly with the NGX :Nerd:Jose Miranda
That is because the GoFlight trim wheel acts as a switch and not an Axis.