Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

From Level-D 767 to 737NGX Transferable skills?

Hi all,I am new to this aircraft. I am curious as to ask if you are a seasoned pilot with the Level-D 767, did you find flying the 737NGX easy? Are the systems similar?Just curious.Thanks in advance

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Very much so. It was the exact same deal for me. Transferred from LEVEL-D 767-300ER to PMDG 737 NGX. Did my first flight without checking any of the manuals, just using my knowledge from the 767, making some logical adjustments and everything went smooth. Then I checked the documents if I did anything wrong. I saw that I did ok apart from some minor details.

all above is correct, but in my opinion the vc of the level d is so different from the real thing. its so flat vs so not flat. cheers.

Peace of cake mate!FMS & systems, almost identical. Overhead panel is different but the same logic. The difference is the system depths, graphics, & that u can change everything (pax, fuel load,displays, options etc.etc...) from within the FMS, witch is grate! The VC is just stunning! You have pop-up displays (EADI,ND,EFIS...resizeble) witch makes it so much easyer to fly.Good Luck.....(not that I think u need it! but anywayLOL.gif )

Yes, go for it. I fly in 2D. The 2D panels in the NGX are way better, larger, ,, life like. My 767/757 have gone to Mojove for storage.Jfriz

Oh 'transferable skills' ... those special two words that are entangled with flight training since the ages.But I do agree with others that it takes little time to learn each Boeing aircraft due to similarities in cockpit layout (Deliberately by Boeing), systems and the psychological factor.

I have flown Level-D 767 for a while, not too much in truth. Then I switched to NGX.It depends on how much trained you were on the 767, I was a bit but not too much anyway IMHO the very big difference is the flare while landing.In the 767 you could raise a lot the nose and then floating on central gear for a very while, while the NGX requires a flatter position against the runway and it is more sensible in terms of hard landings.Apart these differences there are no many issues, just of course getting familiar with a new bird.

I took the time to learn the NGX systems in a depth far greater than I'd ever done before on a previous aircraft and realised that most of these new skills were transferrable to the LD 767 when I flew it recently :)

AMD • 5800X3D • RX7900 XT • B550 • 32GB DDR4
pmdgswitch.jpg

I fly both for different reasons. But I have to say the 767 is getting a bit dusty in the hangar at the moment. I think the post-SP1 NGX is a better experience though.

I have flown 767 and 737-800 simulators as well. The learning curve is small, but I did find the 767 much easier to hand fly than the 737.

Paul Gugliotta

Thank you all for replying. Right now I could not even select the NGX that will start at an airport, as fsx constantly crashes. Ticket logged with PMDG. Hopefully my problem is resolved soon. I can't wait to get to know this bird. Thanks again.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi,I've fly Level-D 767 (online) for years. For me, this product remain one of the best around.Basicly boeing aircraft have a similarities in the cockpit layout & have a same system (general), but ofcourse PMDG NGX simulated even more complex as you can see on the manual.Need time for me to fly this extraordinary bird!

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

I flew the 767 last weekend for the first time in ages, as I have been flying the NGX and some other aircraft. It was like riding a bike, nothing forgotten, lots more learnt since flying the NGX. If you really want to go through a retraining curve try the MD11 after flying Boeings for a while. that will give you a scare.Wycliffe