Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Latest update 10.03 beta 2

Sorry,edited this.I got it completely wrong,it's running better than before!!!I changed a setting last night and shut it down but forgot. I bumped the texture res up a notch and that's what killed my pc,,Just reduced texture res to high and enabled hdr and it is running smoother...So sorry,my mistake..Hate to be a bloody beta tester!:)

Edited by doodelbug

Geez, did I read this thread at the wrong time. First the thread starts it's all great, things are better so I download. Before I get to try it I read the thread again with some more replies along the line of 'my bad, it's actually a lot worse!" oh well, will see for myself after I get the kids to school

Demo is running smoother than before for me on a GTS250 and quad cpu..Pretty impressive,I'm miffed because my full copy arrived yesterday,but i'm not allowed to open it until December the 25th,:(

I can confirm-start up the sim-it runs great. Move to a different airport-1fps. This is new since this update.

I get better framesrates turning HDR on! Go figure.
I had a similar experience with shadows. I gained 5 frames per second by going from static shadows to global (low) even though the latter should be more resource intensive. But on the flip side, water reflections murder my GPU -- even a small lake will make my framerates take a dive -- so I have to leave it off.
Something is broken on this update-at least on my system. It starts up fine and fine performance-but if I move to a different airport it crawls 1/2-1 fps and even freezes for up to 10 seconds. Also-was mistaken on it fixing the problems with Carenado F33.
Sounds like the problem I've been having for a few versions now. Sim will run great for a bit, then it suddenly turns into a slideshow. Disabling HDR was my solution.

I'm miffed because my full copy arrived yesterday,but i'm not allowed to open it until December the 25th,sad.png
My wife suggested something like this before, all I can say is that I got it an opened it when it arrived. Wear the pants man! :)

Sorry for this dummy question: are we talking about a beta patch for the current DEMO, or are we talking about a beta patch for the full Xplane version or both?

My wife suggested something like this before, all I can say is that I got it an opened it when it arrived. Wear the pants man! :)
At my home, i wear the pants but she decides the collorWhistle.gif

Sorry for this dummy question: are we talking about a beta patch for the current DEMO, or are we talking about a beta patch for the full Xplane version or both?
Both

The load time seems to be longer for me, the FPS seem to have some improvement. Geoff, I can't replicate your issue. When I go to different airports I maintain FPS.

AllI tried something different this time with rendering. I am set to override xp settings with nvidia inspector. In rendering UI I set everything to low but set extreme rez, world distance to high and water to medium, then began to increase autogen densities one at a time then back to the sim. I could not believe that I have most everything maxed and it is quite smooth.Not sure why this approach worked but it did. I have been quite the critic so far but when you have max trees and one notch down from max on the buildings and roads it really makes a huge difference in the appeal department.The one thing that killed me was the cloud puffs. I never knew you could turn these off and still get cloud cover but you can. As soon as I added in the cloud puffs the whole ordeal went south.HDR still not funcitonal for me.Bob

Huh? An I7-2600 @ 4.7 and no HDR? What kind of machine do we need to run HDR?Boris
Borisit isn't the same for everyone. I have an i5 2500K and a GTX560 OC and am now running HDR with texture res set to max and am getting 30-40fps.It's obviously something that someone hasn't found yet as it varies from system to system.

I would,but......Your wife is in demo mode and will ignore your joystick after 10 minutes,:)

Borisit isn't the same for everyone. I have an i5 2500K and a GTX560 OC and am now running HDR with texture res set to max and am getting 30-40fps.It's obviously something that someone hasn't found yet as it varies from system to system.
You must be right Boris because I tried everything to get HDR to work. I disabled the nvidiainspector profile, then tried again but no luck. A real slide show.Bob