Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Need some advice from -600 and -700 users

I am thinking about buying the 600/700 package. I really don't have a specific short field or anything that I need to fly it into so this is more of an upgrade to get different flying characteristics in the NG series. So my question is this: Do you really notice a big difference between say the 800 and 700 when flying in the sim? Do you think your purchase was worthwhile and do you recommend it to others? Now that you have both which version of the NG to you find yourself flying the most?Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

Yes, I like Mark would be interested in response to his question as i am also considering purchase too?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Not a big difference between the 700 from the 800 about from it has lower V1, Vr, V2 and a higher rate of climb. VC (etc) are identically apart from the air condition unit as is like in real life.Aaron G.

Manual handling feels, I think, quite a bit different, specially between the 600 and 8/900.For me the package adds great value just by the fact that Scandinavian uses the 600 (the 7/800 too of course) on the short domestic routes.Being from Sweden that gives me a kind of personal relationship with them Love.gifOther things you'll get are lower v-speeds, lower thrust rating and less of that buzzsaw sound on t/o, and an astounding climb rate!Have been using the 600 I think on 90% of the flights since I bought it. Party.gif

The 700 descends much better than the 800 as far as being able to slow down more easily and stuff.The 600 and 700 aren't just short field airplanes btw - the largest operator of 737s in the world (SWA) uses mainly 700s and they go pretty much everywhere in the US with them including all the big airports.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've been flying the 736 on British Airways Virtual routes and it's a joy to fly.The PMDG configured 800 with 174 pax is still quite agile.. When you fly a 738 in european configuration (i.e. Thomson/Ryanair) with 189 pax on board, then you notice the difference between that and the 736.My typical load configurations on the 736 are 117 pax with a total TL of 12,470 kgs. Climb rates are outstanding, it seems to use a lot less fuel in the cruise and as Ryan says descents are cool..... I flew into LGTS earlier today where to comply with the STAR I needed to descend at 2300ft/min, I only needed to use a tiny bit of speed brake a couple of times just to pull the speed back a little..The 600's a good one.. I would recommend it..CheersSteve

The 700 descends much better than the 800 as far as being able to slow down more easily and stuff.
This is more of the type of feedback I was looking for. Sounds like it is worthwhile.Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

As far as the flight deck everything the same... but handling the 6/7 is so much easier then the 8/9... I can land a 6/7 without a problem... the 8/9 I have to concentrate lol...Carlitos Colon

Well, don't go buy the the 6/700 just because it descends more rapidly. There are plenty of good normal practices in the 8/900 that'll get you down in time!If descent was what you were looking for, I don't think you need the 600/700 expansion!

Hello Mark:I have found that there is quite a difference between the flying behaviour of the smaller NGX's, particularly the -600 and the -800/900.I have also found that the -600 particularly, is "fun" to handfly, as it is much more responsive to power and flight control inputs. During approaches such as the ones to KDCA, for example, it is easier to ensure that they are performed properly.Obviously, with time, you can get proficient with all of them. But, if you don't mind the fact that they all have a similar cockpit, there are differences in the way each one of them flies.As a bonus, you also have to remember different weights, which has to be good for your brain LOL.gifRegards,Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Am glad I bought the 6/700 expansion pack. I have not flown the 600 much only because I enjoy flying the 700. The 700 feels more "sporty" or agile than the 800. I still enjoy the 800 but being able to swap between the different types adds an extra dimension to an already great simulation.It also gives you an even greater choice of airlines to fly and the price is very reasonable.

Luv the 700 I think you will not be dissapointed, find 700 and 800 is all I fly. Not to mention the 700 repaints that will be coming out

Rich Sennett

I know that Richard, about the repaints....lol. there are a few I am dying to get but don't have the 6/7 that they were made for. I am thinking of buying it just for that. I am happy with the 8/9, but now I guess I am just getting tired of seeing everyone else with them and not me making it into those smaller fields....Also, about the descent issue. You should need it just for that. I had a big surpise when I finally started to fly the non winglets, they descend much easier and can keep an assigned speed I find a lot better too..just the difference between the WL and NWL is enough to notice. PMDG really did a great job.