Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

ABC072/15 works but now ABC072/-10 dosen´t

Hi!Seems that positive wp along track now works, but now the opposite doesen´t??Have anyone checked this yet? Before SP1b it was the other way around. (I guess)Also using GPS position to Legs LSK 1L, will get a wp named "WPT01". If I copy that wp to thescratch pad and append bearing and distance (e.g. "WPT01075/20"),I still get an error message "not in data base" just as before.This dídn´t work in SP1a and neither here in SP1bAccording to Rafael a GOL Cpt, that should work in a 737NG.Really miss those features. I thought this would be implementet in SP1b sad.png / Leffe

ABC252/10 wink.pngSame thing.I can't vouch for whether or not it should work, but to me it seems horribly illogical to use negative distances.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi!Seems that positive wp along track now works, but now the opposite doesen´t??Have anyone checked this yet? Before SP1b it was the other way around. (I guess)Also using GPS position to Legs LSK 1L, will get a wp named "WPT01". If I copy that wp to thescratch pad and append bearing and distance (e.g. "WPT01075/20"),I still get an error message "not in data base" just as before.This dídn´t work in SP1a and neither here in SP1bAccording to Rafael a GOL Cpt, that should work in a 737NG.Really miss those features. I thought this would be implementet in SP1b sad.png/ Leffe
You really miss features that don't exist in this or any other simulation?abc270/-10 is not an along track waypoint, it is a PBD, for which negative distances are meaningless. Just enter abc90/10 to get the same point without the syntax error.Your second usage of a defined waypoint being used as a PBD seems unlikely also. As an along track, I would expect to be able to try wpt01/-10 but I haven't actually tried it yet.

You really miss features that don't exist in this or any other simulation?abc270/-10 is not an along track waypoint, it is a PBD, for which negative distances are meaningless. Just enter abc90/10 to get the same point without the syntax error.Your second usage of a defined waypoint being used as a PBD seems unlikely also. As an along track, I would expect to be able to try wpt01/-10 but I haven't actually tried it yet.
Why shouldn´t I miss this?? When I could use it when flying with RC.I think you should keep your mouth closed instead,when answering to me with that peculiar attitude you seems to have.Also according to Rafael the second is a real feature in the NG./ Leffe

A PBD with a negative distance doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me either. What does that even mean, negative 10nm along the 072 radial? Huh? That location in space would be defined as ABC252/10 as someone else said - that location is not on the 072 radial under any definition of "radial" that I know of. It may be on the 072 *course* but that's not the same thing as a radial. Until you reach the station you're on the 252 radial inbound - you're only on the 072 after you pass the station.I really think you're probably confusing this with along-track waypoints, which are defined off of a waypoint that's already in the flightplan - if ABC was on the LEGS page already and you downselected it and added a /-10 after it, that would place a new waypoint 10nm prior to the waypoint along the already calculated route of flight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ABC270/-10 does not make sense. ABC090/10 does, so does ABC/-10. ABC01270/10 could be handy from time to time, but no tragedy I think. (think this: you have a fix defined by radial and distance. For example on SID or EOSID. Then you are expected to track a heading to another radial, expected intercept point at a given distance. Yes, I know its not totally the same and can be hand-flown, but would be nice to draw it on the ND, give the FMC an idea.

Hi!Seems that positive wp along track now works, but now the opposite doesen´t??Have anyone checked this yet? Before SP1b it was the other way around. (I guess)Also using GPS position to Legs LSK 1L, will get a wp named "WPT01". If I copy that wp to thescratch pad and append bearing and distance (e.g. "WPT01075/20"),I still get an error message "not in data base" just as before.This dídn´t work in SP1a and neither here in SP1bAccording to Rafael a GOL Cpt, that should work in a 737NG.Really miss those features. I thought this would be implementet in SP1b sad.png/ Leffe
That is a PBD waypoint Leffe !Positive Along Track waypoints still do not work (properly) unless you sequence them yourself, after the waypoint they were created from.Fred.

That is a PBD waypoint Leffe !Positive Along Track waypoints still do not work (properly) unless you sequence them yourself, after the waypoint they were created from.Fred.
Yes I did it wrong Fred! Wasn´t a good day yesterday for me beeing in the Cockpit and flying.blush.pngI see now Ryan and also a lot of other pointed me in right direction.But the last point I had (I guess) I couldn´t get that to work yesterday. Will try again later todaynow when I´m in a better shape. Have you tried that yet?Thanks Fred!/ Leffe

You can only go to ABC072/-10 if you also set the crossing speed to 88 mph.

Matt Cee

You can only go to ABC072/-10 if you also set the crossing speed to 88 mph.
That's also incorrect, as the 737 doesn't come as standard with the flux capacitor. For that, you need Doc Brown's DeLorean.