Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Robert PMDG, info please sir!

PMDG really does have a god complex, that much I've seen from the development process and many dates coming and going with no followup.if questioned, they're always right in what they do and you are the aggressor for asking the question. it's why i choose to view them not as a professional company but some guys who do this on the side, it makes the lack of communication more bearable

Tom, you have missed the point, by a wide margin.
Really? That would make sense, considering this thread has no point.. other than to whine at PMDG because they dont mother everybody in the forum, which is the "point" I was trying to make. Anyway, I wont continue any sort of argument.. ill instead go enjoy the amazing product PMDG has produced for me.Oh and btw - PMDG may act like "gods" as some have put it.. but thats only because they can! Call me a fan-boy all you want.. I have more to do with my day than bite my nails in front of my screen for the next PMDG update.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hey Tom,I couldnt agree more with your point. This thread is completely pointless and i also have just told people to grow up and wait. however all the "cool" people in this thread seem to disagree, like scott didnt with your post. PMDG can do whatever they like however they like. this plane just rocks.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sometimes even I forget that. I'm sure there of forum members that read some of my posts and walk away with the feeling I'm a pompous a@@. To that all I can say is we all have our bad days. With that said take a little time to consider the following.We all knew what we were getting 4 months ago in August when we purchased the NGX. No where does it gurantee the NGX is going to be compatible with all hardware and that an SDK is promised.For those of you saying the support is bad and that PMDG is not dedicated the success of the NGX Line. That is a totally ridiculous statement. Since August 4 Hotfix's and a Service Pack and a half have been released to fine tune the NGX. So now think back to any other products you have bought over the years and name one that has had as many updates in 4 months that the NGX has. Considering the current state of the NGX can you think of any other plane that even comes close to what you have with the NGX + 600/700 addon? I think everyone has gotten their moneys worth 3 times over and then some.Considering the limitations of FSX, the NGX is nothing short of a feat of genius coding on PMDG's part. So with the holidays here I think people should be a little more grateful for what they have for an Christmas present. Best plane money can buy?When and if the SDK ever comes out, it is a bonus not a right or guranteed. If you have ever been in business and owned a company then you know how important it is to take all legal steps to protect your Intellectual Property Rights. If you don't then your not going to be in business long because there are people out there that can and will take advantage when given the opportunity. Fact of Life.It's almost Christmas so be of good Cheer and show your fellow forum members a little courtesy. Count your blessings and appreciate what you do have and not dwell so much on what you wish you had. Take a little time out to Thank PMDG what they have given you and remember they have families too.Thank You PMDG and....Holiday%20-%20Merry%20Christmas%20Animated.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sometimes even I forget that. I'm sure there of forum members that read some of my posts and walk away with the feeling I'm a pompous a@@. To that all I can say is we all have our bad days. With that said take a little time to consider the following.We all knew what we were getting 4 months ago in August when we purchased the NGX. No where does it gurantee the NGX is going to be compatible with all hardware and that an SDK is promised.For those of you saying the support is bad and that PMDG is not dedicated the success of the NGX Line. That is a totally ridiculous statement. Since August 4 Hotfix's and a Service Pack and a half have been released to fine tune the NGX. So now think back to any other products you have bought over the years and name one that has had as many updates in 4 months that the NGX has. Considering the current state of the NGX can you think of any other plane that even comes close to what you have with the NGX + 600/700 addon? I think everyone has gotten their moneys worth 3 times over and then some.Considering the limitations of FSX, the NGX is nothing short of a feat of genius coding on PMDG's part. So with the holidays here I think people should be a little more grateful for what they have for an Christmas present. Best plane money can buy?When and if the SDK ever comes out, it is a bonus not a right or guranteed. If you have ever been in business and owned a company then you know how important it is to take all legal steps to protect your Intellectual Property Rights. If you don't then your not going to be in business long because there are people out there that can and will take advantage when given the opportunity. Fact of Life.It's almost Christmas so be of good Cheer and show your fellow forum members a little courtesy. Count your blessings and appreciate what you do have and not dwell so much on what you wish you had. Take a little time out to Thank PMDG what they have given you and remember they have families too.Thank You PMDG and....
A nicely worded post Paul, unlike some I have read and I agree with what you have written. However, I must reiterate that my original post, was not finger pointing, demanding things, being disrespectful towards Robert and PMDG or jumping up and down like a spoilt brat, my post was merely an enquiry as to the release of the SDK, which regardless of what has been said, was perfectly reasonable. As I also said, it was not my intention to start WW3 and it seems that too many guys are too willing, yet again, to argue just for the hell of it. So, please fellas, let's just have another drink of mulled wine (urgh) and wish each other a Merry Christmas. Cheers my virtual mateys... :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've avoided getting involved in this childish nonsense.But i will, just to say...Nice post Paul, common sense at last!

yeah, me too.Why do you waste your precious time asking for the SDK instead being in the cockpit of this masterpiece of simulation, practising, for example, an engine fire after V1!!!!

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

Guest Emcott
Ok, You sell a product, you answer questions. You have a forum, you answer questions. Most people around here do as I do and try best to answer them. Not just here but everywhere. Developers have loyal supporters everywhere fielding 99% of the questions for them. Here I think 99.9% of all questions get fielded for PMDG. What does being a supporter get you? Nothing other than knowing at least you did the right thing, but don't expect them to remember that or answer your question over the one screaming bloody murder. It's always been that way and always will be that way. Personally I would answer everyone or have someone answer them, but if in a pinch, I would certainly answer a loyal supporter over a troll which also never happens here, or most places. This has been proven time and time again I think the point (to me anyway) is give respect and don't treat people like crap. Not to worry though, someone will be by shortly, say "Hello Captains" and everyone will snap to <Salute>. I've always been a supporter, but mainly for individuals on an individual basis. I see people go ignored for "WEEKS" that paid good money for a product then are just told "You should have used the ticket system". You also don't have the time to know that asking for a tutorial promised in the documentation of a product that came with the product which said "See advanced tutorial" could get you banned at one point. Waiting over a year or was that two? I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm also not a satisfied customers either when I see topics like the J41 SP one get brushed off or other promises (yes, these were promised). Again, the bottom line to me is give it to get it, and they certainly don't give it. People that look at any posttopic and see's that person other than a person is pathetic in my book. Developers (most that I see) look over their "flock" with very little respect. Already got you,,, next. Ticket system, forum rules, no, 1st respect, then, maybe, then you have the right to ask for the other I think. People pay and still sit waiting for a new key for a product they just bought and had to install twice because a failed service pack. Money in hand should get product and support, not lectures to read this or ask here. I would just be happy if these people (again, most developers) would step off their high horse and drop their god complex. Treat people as you'd want to be treated is a good place to start I think (forget where I read that... it was a good book though). This isn't my topic, but this is my rant. I am not here for popularity contests and can care less what any yes man wants to debate or say about the facts that I said. They can't be disputed. Only suckups that are hypnotized by a product could ever think any one person should get more or less respect than another. One has nothing to do with the other.
100% Total agreement with this.

I have read with interest this thread. Watched it go back and forth and seen people getting angry with comments so I thought I would put my point.I like many are awaiting FS2Crew. To have this it needs the SDK which we all know. I have held out buying the NGX until the SDK is released and I can get my hands on FS2Crew and then will buy both at the same time. I've watched the 2010 release date go by, along with the following "it will be soon", then the hotfixes, SP1 and Sp1a. All this time watching videos being posted on youtube. But all this time I know that the staff at PMDG have gone beyond the limits of FSX and with this comes problems and delays. Add to that the delays of life and it all mounts up. PMDG have said that the SDK is completed and is just waiting for the lawyers. Knowing how lawyers, how letters tend to go back and forth and the fact that this is now the holiday time the delays will be immense. Would it be nice to have an updated release date from PMDG, probably not because if something goes wrong then there will be more threads saying how bad PMDG is for not releasing on time. Should PMDG give updates at every stage, again probably not. I don't know of any other company that explains everything to it's customers especially legal information. At the same time I do not believe that people on this thread should just say "shut up and wait". Everybody has the right to ask questions. If you don't know the answer, have anything positive to say or are not intrested then just read another thread. It's that simple.Remember it is the season of goodwill so Merry Christmas to the staff ot PMDG and all on the forum and have a good New Year.

I have read with interest this thread. Watched it go back and forth and seen people getting angry with comments so I thought I would put my point.I like many are awaiting FS2Crew. To have this it needs the SDK which we all know. I have held out buying the NGX until the SDK is released and I can get my hands on FS2Crew and then will buy both at the same time. I've watched the 2010 release date go by, along with the following "it will be soon", then the hotfixes, SP1 and Sp1a. All this time watching videos being posted on youtube. But all this time I know that the staff at PMDG have gone beyond the limits of FSX and with this comes problems and delays. Add to that the delays of life and it all mounts up. PMDG have said that the SDK is completed and is just waiting for the lawyers. Knowing how lawyers, how letters tend to go back and forth and the fact that this is now the holiday time the delays will be immense. Would it be nice to have an updated release date from PMDG, probably not because if something goes wrong then there will be more threads saying how bad PMDG is for not releasing on time. Should PMDG give updates at every stage, again probably not. I don't know of any other company that explains everything to it's customers especially legal information. At the same time I do not believe that people on this thread should just say "shut up and wait". Everybody has the right to ask questions. If you don't know the answer, have anything positive to say or are not intrested then just read another thread. It's that simple.Remember it is the season of goodwill so Merry Christmas to the staff ot PMDG and all on the forum and have a good New Year.
First of all, a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you too. Secondly: 'Wow" You have waited all this time and resisted temptation to see what this bird can do. You've got more patience than me.Regards and again "MERRY CHRISTMAS",

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have faught the urge every day for the since release. I have watched the videos and nearly cried thinking I want it. I have flown the "other" NGX and thought it was great until I saw what PMDG had made, now it's kind of deflating. But I will be strong I think and wait.

if Howard followed the forums than he would know that this is a question has been asked a million times with the same answer, its ready when its ready!. Just becuase you asked nicely will not mean your going to get an answer to an already exhuasted question. and i do believe rsr already made an update answer about the sdk. usually when he has news or something he feels worth talking about he does.