Sign in to follow this  
ramrunner800

ORBX Airport Recomendations

Hey all,Seeing as ORBX's airports are all on sale for the next couple of days, I was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as airports in the America's region? Are any better than others, or do any give particularly different flying options? I have full regions, but would love to try out some of their hyper-detailed airports.

I would start with Harvey and Skagit. They are superb.Get them all if you can

I have almost all of their NA airports and love them! If you are hunting for a strip that is nestled in some great territory and has a lot of "atmosphere" along with a challenge to get into at times, take a good look at Cushman Meadows. Also Fall City is a very nice little strip and you can sight-see around the water fall that is there and generating mist. Wonderful! I personally believe they are very much worth the price.John

1S2 (Excellent)3W5 (Outstanding)KORS (Amazing)S43 (The Best of The Best)

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

kiki, Anacortes 74S is spectacular, but because of its proximity to Skagit, the couple together put some load on the frames.So my recommendation, if you cannot buy the whole set of NA airfields, is to buy either Anacortes or Skagit and another airport a bit farther away, like Orcas or Jefferson or Harvey.

Same with Diamond Point and Jefferson. Close together, can cause a perf hit but more than manageable if you turn some of the eye candy down.

kiki, Anacortes 74S is spectacular, but because of its proximity to Skagit, the couple together put some load on the frames.So my recommendation, if you cannot buy the whole set of NA airfields, is to buy either Anacortes or Skagit and another airport a bit farther away, like Orcas or Jefferson or Harvey.
And I just bought Skagit since I already had 74S. Have only made a quick test flight around Skagit and I don't think I noticed some dramatic performence hit compared to for example 74S.But if performence is a factor I would choose airports far away from big city regions

The best performers on my system are:1S2, 3W5, & KORSThe worst are:0S9, S43, & 74SEach airport has a control panel which allows you to lower the settings, but that might not be enough on some systems.

PAKT, YMML, YSCB, YBBN
Don't forget KHQM, Bowerman Field. Perfectly located along the coast of Oregon, I like to take the NGX on hops to KSFO or Vancouver. With PAKT out, perhaps that will be my next stop on the way to PANC.I personally like Cushman Meadows the most of all ORBX airfields, but Skagit is also very nice and I have landed the NGX there, although it isn't realistic to do so.

Are there any ORBX airports which can accommodate a 737-800?
Download KHQM is free and it's truly a fantastic strip.

Download KHQM is free and it's truly a fantastic strip.
I allready got it and love it but a 737?! Might this not be a bit too big?