Sign in to follow this  
captainXP

No 3rd party content in Flight

I'm certain they'll add on regions, I was just pulling your leg.
Probably the regions will be like Grand Canyon, Paris, Rocky mountains and not like Europe or North America...If the mission is to collect coins or do aerobatics, there is no point to sell you the whole Europe...

I can say that as a 3rd party developer, I feel a great sense of loss at the news. However, FSX is still running strong and I believe X-plane will start capturing more users as time goes on. I think these two platforms will provide a nice market for developers for years to come.

I think these two platforms will provide a nice market for developers for years to come.
I think you're absolutely right. No need to mourn a loss, when everything is still to be gained.

Not to draw off topic but, I wonder what would happen if you too far away from HawaiiDo you die?
Ever see "The Langoliers"?

I suspect it won't be too much longer before Microsoft closes that little loophole.
I dont think they can.

Flight may well be the death of AVSIM because one of the interesting things [THE most interesting thing] from a site like this and Flightsim.com is the fact that one coluld find so many nice freeware addons, repaints etc. With MS as a kind guard standing between the users and the game Flight, not letting anyone come near it's game, one of the fun aspects of FS has been killed

So far this thread has been more mature than the others, so I ask it here for any developers; why isn't x-plane developed more? Is it more difficult? Or do they have less tools? I have yet to try out version 10 but the same reason I didn't buy version 10 is probably the same reason I am devastated by Flight, I like to explore and when I heard in xplane 10 that only Seattle and one other Airport were actually modeled, and while I don't expect 100% detail on every airport, at least some generic buildings would be nice, all I could think of was Ted Stevens International looking like a desert. For me it has always been about options, I never got the super detailed one airport just to fly 30 miles and hit a scenery change. I always liked what mytraffic did, not only adding AI planes but they took the time to add parking spaces to make thousands of remote airports come alive.

Tyson Rose

Skip,That's the problem. No third party developers want to give M$ a chunk of their sales.
But the third party developers want MS to spend millions of dollars on the sim, then hand over an SDK for free so they can go make money?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

I suspect it won't be too much longer before Microsoft closes that little loophole.
You keep saying this with nothing to back it up. It's almost like you are cheering for it to happen.LM is not some small outfit. Microsoft can't just "close loopholes" because they feel like it and you can bet LM has the lawyers to make sure they aren't doing anything that's going to get in trouble.

It's going to sell if only because Microsoft is sure to aggressively market it to casual users who don't know any better.
You got that right. Look at what Dan Freeman has done with ProFlightSimulator using an open source sim(Flight Gear).The no SDK statement pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Flight. I spend half of my sim time fixing, creating, and just plain tinkering...Don

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.