Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

One Good Reason Why You Sould Use Prepar3D...........

Because John Nicol and Lockheed Martin say you can!"Just to be clear (and trying not to sound defensive!). Anyone can purchase Prepar3D. We do not sell it as an entertainment product and the EULA talks about that, which means that it will not be appearing on the shelves of Best Buy next to Call of Duty any time soon..... I am not sure where the rumour started that we sell only to certain people, but anyone can buy it. It isn't about consumers, but end-use. If you are a pilot, simulation user, student, whatever and want to use it for familiarization, training, taxiing over bugs then go for it. If you are 10 or 110 it doesn't matter. If you want to use it at an arcade game, then buy something else. You can go to our website and purchase it with a credit card and download it. The commercial license version is $499 and we have added a considerable amount of features and made a lot of bug fixes to the code that we were fortunate enough to procure from Microsoft. A list of features can be found on our website at www.prepar3D.com. We certainly have added in bathymetry data to allow the use of submersibles and we have added in a few features for hard-core users that they should find interesting including true multi-channel (spreads the load of the image generator across multiple PCs), update to DirectInput 8 to allow up to 32 axes and 128 buttons per joystick, sensor views (night vision and infra-red), updated landclasses, GPS upgrades and so on. We have also updated and improved the SDK documentation and added more samples for developers. We are also going to be releasing an update version 1.2 of Prepar3D and the SDK in the next few weeks.Those that are looking to test, integrate, develop, investigate etc and therefore do not require a full commercial license can subscribe for $9.95 per month and receive 2 copies of the software. That is an option that many people are taking and I would be glad to see more people come on board and see what they can do with the app! There are no restrictions to joining the developer network.If people are using Prepar3D for commercial activities, then switching to the commercial license is appropriate and required.For Victor, sorry that the website isn't clear enough. I will work with Lockheed communications to try to get some clarity on that. We are just a bunch of engineers and not necessarily the best at marketing!!"Regards,John NicolPrepar3D.

Because John Nicol and Lockheed Martin say you can!
Of course they do. What else would you expect them to say? Even if things are destined to change in the future, they'll still gladly take your money now. Edited by Mountain Man

Guest HowardHughes
Of cour$e they do. What el$e would you expect them to $ay?
Now you're just being thick.

Of course they do. What else would you expect them to say? Even if things are destined to change in the future, they'll still gladly take your money now.
??? :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm wary of anything Lockheed Martin makes, since it tends to be massively overpriced and full of design flaws. F-35 case in point.

Because John Nicol and Lockheed Martin say you can!"Just to be clear (and trying not to sound defensive!). Anyone can purchase Prepar3D. We do not sell it as an entertainment product and the EULA talks about that, which means that it will not be appearing on the shelves of Best Buy next to Call of Duty any time soon..... I am not sure where the rumour started that we sell only to certain people, but anyone can buy it. It isn't about consumers, but end-use. If you are a pilot, simulation user, student, whatever and want to use it for familiarization, training, taxiing over bugs then go for it. If you are 10 or 110 it doesn't matter. If you want to use it at an arcade game, then buy something else. You can go to our website and purchase it with a credit card and download it. The commercial license version is $499 and we have added a considerable amount of features and made a lot of bug fixes to the code that we were fortunate enough to procure from Microsoft. A list of features can be found on our website at www.prepar3D.com. We certainly have added in bathymetry data to allow the use of submersibles and we have added in a few features for hard-core users that they should find interesting including true multi-channel (spreads the load of the image generator across multiple PCs), update to DirectInput 8 to allow up to 32 axes and 128 buttons per joystick, sensor views (night vision and infra-red), updated landclasses, GPS upgrades and so on. We have also updated and improved the SDK documentation and added more samples for developers. We are also going to be releasing an update version 1.2 of Prepar3D and the SDK in the next few weeks.Those that are looking to test, integrate, develop, investigate etc and therefore do not require a full commercial license can subscribe for $9.95 per month and receive 2 copies of the software. That is an option that many people are taking and I would be glad to see more people come on board and see what they can do with the app! There are no restrictions to joining the developer network.If people are using Prepar3D for commercial activities, then switching to the commercial license is appropriate and required.For Victor, sorry that the website isn't clear enough. I will work with Lockheed communications to try to get some clarity on that. We are just a bunch of engineers and not necessarily the best at marketing!!"Regards,John NicolPrepar3D.
Do you work for Prepar3d ? Why do you want everybody to use Prepar3d ? You keep posting the same quote post after post. I think we all seen that quote a million times already! Get over it already. Its FSX for 10 dollars a month, Simmers will make the move when the DX-11 patch is ready. Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Took the lightning for a spin yesterday, as well as the connie you mention.My first run with p3d.It's smoother, the frames are similar. Took 15 mins to get the ngx working, and adding scenery was no problem.I love the new interface, i personally want a sim not a game.Main problem: no support yet for a few essential apps - particularly trackir.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi,I'm using P3D and I love it, it is far superior to FSX on my system.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

But stability is the same worse thing, no changes yet on the engine as I read on Avsim forums.

LM is not a software company and I don't believe they are working on this sim to sell it to us and make the profit from these sells.Most likely, they are working on it to train real pilots on their real planes. Once they finish working on it, I think they will make it "for internal use only" or they will start selling it to other big companies for pilot training, but not us, simmers. As LM is working for the military industry I don't think they will keep it open for everybody.But, now they are still in process and the P3D is not much different from FSX and they don't mind to have some "free" beta testers. That's why they allow us to buy it for 10$ per month. Per their quote: " If you are a pilot, simulation user, student, whatever and want to use it for familiarization, training, taxiing over bugs then go for it". That's it - for familiarization and taxiing over bugs.Also, per ORBX, LM contacted them to help with scenery. This is because LM interested in scenery at this point. And probably they are not interested in PMDG planes, as they are going to create their own - for training pilots for LM own military (or whatever) planes only and not 737 or 777.Just my thoughts, nothing else.Dmitry.

Hi,The only crash I've ever experienced is when trying to load a third party aircraft, Level-D767-300. Other than that it has been 100% stable on my system.

But stability is the same worse thing, no changes yet on the engine as I read on Avsim forums.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Are you honest Michael? :hi:LM told in another thread somewhere, in V2 they will get to the engine, currently its the same as FSX.Or did they solve those issues already?

Hi,Not sure what issues they are talking about, I do not follow the P3D forums all that much unless I have a question. Keep in mind I don't work for L/M and or P3D. I can only tell you what I've experienced on my system. As God is my witness, I've experienced no crashes other than the one I've explained above and that seems to be a compatibility issue between P3D and Level-D.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

How is it superior ? The only difference I noticed was the price!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar